SLC Threshold, Yearly or Monthly?

jacobjones
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2945 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

cca request

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

- SLC did keep a majority of agreements. I've seen shed loads.

- There were only 2 agreement formats ever used, the templates for which are even available online. So as long as they know the initial address, rates from the time etc (again public record), even if originals are not available it's trivial to reconstitute an agreement good enough to satisfy a s77 CCA Request.

http://www.slc.co.uk/media/758483/pre_98_ms_credit_agreement.pdf

http://www.slc.co.uk/media/758487/post_98_ms_credit_agreement.pdf

- Even in the absence of the above, it would be a hard sell in court to claim that you were given the loan where an agreement was not signed. This is not some dodgy credit card or loan application from the 90's where they could not be bothered to get you to sign a proper agreement. These were in the very largest part done properly.

Despite all the above, nothing ventured nothing gained as they say. :)

Good luck.

• 2 months later...

My wife took out student loans in 1998.

She repaid them for a few years, but then deferred due to low income.

Her monthy payments at that time was £80 a monthly.

This year she went over threshold and should restart paying.

However, Erudio have hiked the payment to £120 a month.

MY wife will be 50 in two years time and they have done this, so that she repays the entire loan before she becomes 50.

I was under the impression the student loan should be repaid in five years of equal payments.

Thoughts?

Can they legally increase the payments?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

No, they cant. They must stick with the original payment terms over 60 monthly payments. If that means she turns 50 and the loans are written off before all 60 have been made, then that is tough t****s on Erudio!

Tell them this and that if they don't recalculate the payments properly than shell be taking them to the FOS and reporting their deliberate attempt to break the loan terms for their own profit to the FCA, as well as other consumer groups and the media.

• 6 months later...

"(The forms by the way came after 3 months of requesting them, even though in there t&c's they say they will be sent out 2 weeks before renewal date, erudio said they had sent them and informed me i was now in 3 months arrears)."

This happened to both my wife and I last year. They are deliberately delaying (or in our case) not sending the deferment forms in order for it to appear that we are in arrears.

That's interesting that you should receive two £50 pound offers! Were they apologies for two different issues? The small print says that if you accept the offer you are accepting that the matter is fully resolved doesn't it? So in my opinion if your dispute hasn't been resolved it's best not to accept the 'compensation'...