• Tweets

• Hi again all, below is another email they sent me, I just don't want to get in trouble or things to get worse with this crowd but I am taking your advice here. Anyway advice would be appreciated.   I am contacting you again after having tried to contact you both by email on 03/04/2024 and 10/04/2024, and by telephone on 10/04/2024 and 17/04/2024 to discuss the matter in relation to the regularization of the SOLIDWORKS case against xxx our company.   This is an urgent legal matter. Please contact me at your earliest convenience - +44 2921 920 296.    If we do not recieve a response before 24/04/2024, we will assume that you are not willing to settle this dispute amicably. The case will then be referred back to our client with whom, ultimately, the final decision lies on the enforcement of their intellectual property rights.    Yours sincerel y, Rhys
    • If you do get a letter of Claim and or Pre Action Protocol pack 15. Where there has been non-compliance with a pre-action protocol or this Practice Direction, the court may order that (a) the parties are relieved of the obligation to comply or further comply with the pre-action protocol or this Practice Direction; (b) the proceedings are stayed while particular steps are taken to comply with the pre-action protocol or this Practice Direction; (c) sanctions are to be applied. 16. The court will consider the effect of any non-compliance when deciding whether to impose any sanctions which may include— (a) an order that the party at fault pays the costs of the proceedings, or part of the costs of the other party or parties; (b) an order that the party at fault pay those costs on an indemnity basis; (c) if the party at fault is a claimant who has been awarded a sum of money, an order depriving that party of interest on that sum for a specified period, and/or awarding interest at a lower rate than would otherwise have been awarded; (d) if the party at fault is a defendant, and the claimant has been awarded a sum of money, an order awarding interest on that sum for a specified period at a higher rate, (not exceeding 10% above base rate), than the rate which would otherwise have been awarded. https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/rules/pd_pre-action_conduct   .
    • Fraudsters copy the details of firms we authorise to try and convince people that their firm is genuine. Find out why you shouldn’t deal with this clone firm.View the full article
    • Thanks all! My wife was driving at the time (took our daughter to get new school uniform) and I wasn't there so I'm not sure what the signage was actually like, but yes, Parkopedia says 2:30, so it's barely over that. I will check it out with her when she gets home later, I haven't even told her about this yet as she'll probably be quite upset. So - likely my best response at this stage is to just wait it out until a Letter Before Claim arrives?
    • check mcol does it state DQ N180 sent to you? if it does then: https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/347310-legal-n180-directions-questionnaire-small-claims-track/#comment-5088148 3 copies yes to mediation (unless you filed our Statute Barred Defence OR this is a claim for a Private Parking Ticket) 1 wit you Suitability for determination without a hearing? no (that the issues are so complex they need to be argued orally') the rest is obv 1 to the court 1 to their sols (omit phone/sig/email) if no sols send to claimant 1 for your file   dx
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Carter / Fredrickson chasing old-Littlewoods cat debt

nonymouse
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3106 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I wonder if I could have some advice on the following.

I checked my credit report for the first time in a while today,

and notice that Lowell has added a default, dated 04/01/2011, for a small debt which is 'mail order'.

Looking at the account start date of 2001,

this is clearly a Littlewoods account which I stopped paying back in about 2006/7

when I got into significant financial difficulty and it ceased to be a priority debt.

I've not paid or acknowledged the debt in this time,

and it's almost certainly

a) mostly made up of charges and

b) statute barred or almost statute barred.

I have received letters about this debt but have ignored then due to assuming they were phishing on a statute barred debt.

Any advice on how I go about finding out why/how the default is there and how I get it removed, please?

Contact Littlewoods for the information. If you no longer have your account number, they can probably find your account using your name, address etc.

When you obtain the information, if it is SB'd, you can complain to the Lowells and get them to remove the default.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Assume I should contact Littlewoods with a SAR?

Also, why has a default been registered in 2011? Surely it should have been registered in 2006 when I stopped paying?

You could phone Littlewoods asking for a copy of the last statement or if you want send them an SAR, you can do that. You may be waiting quite a while for the SAR info to come back, as they have up to 40 days to deal with the request.

Wrong default date added. This is not that unusual. Perhaps Lowells don't know the actual date.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

why has a default been registered in 2011? Surely it should have been registered in 2006 when I stopped paying?

Yes it should, contact the credit ref agency and inform them that they have added incorrect data to your file, and that it MUST be rectified immediately or your will seek legal advice with a view to suing them and the circus outfit that they have allowed to place this incorrect data on your file for defamation.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I had an account with Littlewoods years ago but have no made a payment for a number of years (at least 5, probably more).

Lowell has registered a default on my credit file dated January 2011,

for a balance that very high and probably made up of fees/charges.

Clearly this is incorrect so I'd like to start by sending Littlewoods a SAR.

Googling reveals a large number of addresses in Liverpool, Bolton and Chelmsford

- can anyone advise the correct address to use to get a response from Littlewoods, please?

That's totally wrong seems Lowell are changing default dates again, yes SAR to Littlewoods asap., my guess is Liverpool is HO.

Is this on your credit files.

Need a letter for for Lowell? Let me know.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Thanks you for your reply - yes, a letter for Lowell would be helpful if you have a template/example, please.

Yes - this is on all of my credit files and it's the only thing left that is significant - everything else is statute barred this year or is settled.

I'll SAR Littlewoods tomorrow when I can get out to the Post Office in this snow...!

Thanks again.

• 1 month later...

Just an update on this - I have received a slim package of information from Littlewoods in response to my SAR. It appears to be printouts from some kind of internal system, and it is not possible to understand from it when the agreement was signed, when my last payment was, any dates of when the debt was assigned etc. There are no statements and no copies of letters etc. What do I do now?

I still need to make contact with Lowell re: the default as I would really like to get this off my credit files but do not really now what to say?

Emm the data provided with a SAR should be easily underestandable and/or provided with a key.

Write to the Data Controller at Littlewood challenge what they have sent as impossible to understand and incomplete.

I particular require them to provide particulars of the default date not a copy of the default notice as copies ot these are not routinely stored.

Allow a further 7 working days for them to comply.

This is the info needed to repudiate the Lowell default date.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

• 1 year later...

I hope someone will be able to advise on this matter - I am very confused at the moment and finding it difficult to wade through what I need to do next.

I have a default on my credit files (Noddle, Equifax, and Experian) from Lowell Portfolio Ltd, for around £1200. It's for a mail order, so I know it's a Littlewoods catalogue account which I had.

The start date of 2000 is correct, however the default date is January 2011. I know I did not make ANY payment to Littlewoods after about the middle of 2006, and at that point my balance was nowhere near £1200.

Could it be that Lowell is considering the charges that Littlewoods may have been applying to be 'payments'? Or are Lowell just plucking a date out of the air? I would like to dispute with Lowell that the default has been applied several years after the actual default date, which unfairly means it's still on my credit files - it should be long gone now.

I sent a SAR to Littlewoods as I hoped to see when my last payment was so I could write to Lowell and confirm, but the information I got back to Littlewoods was incomprehensible and it wasn't clear when I had last made the payment, so I don't know what to do next. This default is the only 'black mark' on my credit file now, and I really want to get it corrected so I can get my credit back on track. Any advice about where I go next - who I write to and with what - would be very gratefully received.

Thank you in advance.

PS sorry about the single paragraph - I have tried to edit but the line breaks seem to disappear!

Not to worry, This does happen sometimes. let's call it a glitch. Sorted for you anyway.

With the SAR from Littlewoods. Did they supply a code sheet so that you can work out what means what? If not then they have not fulfilled their obligation.

It may take a simple letter to Littlewoods to get the actual date. On the account history, it should show when the account was defaulted.

If you get nowhere with them OR the Leeds Losers then I feel a complaint tho the ICO even though they take ages.

I hope you haven't paid anything in the last 6 years!

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Thanks for the reply (and for sorting the lines!). No, definitely not paid anything in the last six years - definitely not had the funds to do so due to illness! I'll send a letter to Littlewoods in the first instance to try and get the actual date of the last payment and/or default, then I'll pass that to Lowell for their consideration. I don't suppose it's worth writing to Lowell until I have the (real) default date as it'll be my word against theirs?

• 7 months later...

Hi, please can someone advise what I should do here?

Today have had a letter from Brian Carter saying Fredrickson has instructed them to commence proceedings on a debt in 14 days.

The debt in questions is a LIttlewoods account which I opened in 2001 (I think) and I've made no payments since mid-2006, so it should be well statute barred,

it's showing on my credit files that Lowell defaulted me in 2011

. There will be lots of fees on the account I should think.

No idea where to go here

- obviusly need to get Brian Carter off my back

as can't afford a new CCJ on my nearly-clear credit file,

but would also like to get the incorrect default gone too.

Help, please?

more details

do the legal issues link

I'm sorry, I not massively familiar with this this site so don't quite understand what you're asking/telling me. Do you want more details from me, and are you asking about legal details or directing me to a link?

I'm sorry, I not massively familiar with this this site so don't quite understand what you're asking/telling me. Do you want more details from me, and are you asking about legal details or directing me to a link?

soz, have edited my post there

Hi, please can someone advise what I should do here?

Today have had a letter from Brian Carter saying Fredrickson has instructed them to commence proceedings on a debt in 14 days. The debt in questions is a LIttlewoods account which I opened in 2001 (I think) and I've made no payments since mid-2006, so it should be well statute barred, but it's showing on my credit files that Lowell defaulted me in 2011. There will be lots of fees on the account I should think.

No idea where to go here - obviusly need to get Brian Carter off my back as can't afford a new CCJ on my nearly-clear credit file, but would also like to get the incorrect default gone too.

Help, please?

Send Fredrickson a CCA request with a £1 postal order. Send a copy to Carters with a covering letter stating that you believe Lowell Group of which Fredricksons are part, have made a mistake, as the account has not been in use since 2006, so is statute barred.

You should really challenge Lowell on the default date on your credit file, by sending a letter to their director of legal & compliance. Ask them to justify a default date in 2011, when no payments have been made since 2006.

OK, thanks. I am certain that *I* have not made a payment on the account since at April 2006, as that is when I encounterd the problems that have led me to be in debt. Lowell have defaulted me in January 2011, so I can only assume they have taken the applcation of fees to the account between 2006 and then as 'payments'. I don't have any paperwork for this account - it's all been destroyed. SO I need to prove when payments were made - I need statements etc - but I don't have any of this and so can't prove when I last made a payment.

I haven't done a CCA request. Presumably that should be my first step and I can do it tomorrow if needed. Do I send a £1 postel order? And how do I stop Brian Carter from applying that £1 as a payment to the account and restarting the account - should I write any thing specific on the order?

i guess that the default date showing is around when they bought the account and they put their name on it incorrectly updating the default date as well.?

Send Fredrickson a CCA request with a £1 postal order. Send a copy to Carters with a covering letter stating that you believe Lowell Group of which Fredricksons are part, have made a mistake, as the account has not been in use since 2006, so is statute barred.

You should really challenge Lowell on the default date on your credit file, by sending a letter to their director of legal & compliance. Ask them to justify a default date in 2011, when no payments have been made since 2006.

OK, thanks for the replies.

Yep, that would be about right.

Get ready for Lowell to say there was a payment on the account so is not statute barred. If this happens, asking for the payment information e.g card number used