Cabot/Wright Hassall claimform - old Halifax Aqua Card 'debt'***Claim Discontinued***

Lillychick
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2934 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks guys. I will be attending on Friday regardless.

I have spoken to a very helpful lady at the court who says no further contact has been made from WH and she has assured me she will contact me by phone if anything happens before Friday.

Im certain they would have had to have served papers to the court by now.

Dont simply take a court admins word for anything, check daily yourself, including friday morning

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Thanks Martin.

When you say they would have served papers by now,

can you elaborate on what papers you mean?

They did have a deadline to serve papers but they haven't.,

hence the request for more time and an adjournment.

The deadline was 24th March.

Their request stated that Cabot could need up to 8 weeks to locate the required documents.

I'm not sure why another 8 weeks on top of the 6+ months they've already had will yield anything?

Unless the documents were only requested when someone realised a court date was imminent.

Sorry I'm not up on this and am really doggy paddling here.

Their request for an adjournment and a time extension was requested

1 day before the deadline for papers to filed with the court and defendant.

The lady I spoke to today said I was told about the adjournment and time extension denial by phone

because of the short notice.

She said the last contact from WH had been that request and they'd also been contacted by telephone about the denial.

What are the chances of someone from WH actually turning up?

They may turn up ...but will not be able to rely on any evidence because they have failed to serve their disclosures and witness statement...they have requested an adjournment..the court has refused.

So they can either be present with no evidence and be struck out or they can be absent and still be struck out...but you must ask the court to do this on your arrival if the court does not of their own initiative.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

What Andy ^^^^^ said lilly

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Thank you both. I appreciate the replies.

I'm not nervous about going. In my distant past I spent a number of years working in a court setting, albeit nothing to do with these types of cases. I am at least familiar with the court etiquette and how that works. I can't imagine it's changed much.

I did ring the nice lady again today and still no papers received. I feel like I'm on a countdown now.

Thanks again

Check again friday morning if you can before you leave, have your paperwork ready just in case.

Its not unheard of for papers to filed late and allowed, although timescales are set they are not always stringently followed, suppose all i mean here is be prepared for anything

GOOD NEWS!

WH have filed a Notice of Discontinuance with the court. Apparently a hard copy has been sent to me but I've not received it yet, I'm not sure if my postie has been yet. The court have confirmed though that the whole claim has been dis-continued and the case removed from the list tomorrow. First bit of good news I've had in a while!

Thank you so much for the help and advice given. Also thanks the people who post info on their cases. It helps people like me hugely. I've made a small donation to the site. Every little helps.

:-) Thought they may somehow......

Well done Lilly...I will amend your thread title to reflect the outcome.

And thank you very much for your donation...helps us to continue and help others.

Delighted for you.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

ta-da

another fleecer bites the dust

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Excellent news lilly 👍🏻