Volkswagen scandal

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3091 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It's not the engines themselves, it's the engine management system.

But if you look at some of the engine stats, they may well use the same management systems.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

VW produce engines for other companies in Europe e.g Seat, Skoda. So other makes may be involved.

You'll find that it's the other way round, Skoda make a lot of engines that are used in VWs, Audis and Seat.

I bet that you can count on one hand the number of customers who have asked about NOx emissions when buying a car, yet there will be virtually all of them who have inquired about CO2 emissions as that is how cars are taxed.

Most people couldn't care less about what comes out of the exhaust if it isn't costing them money.

Skoda factory built engines always had a rep for being better/more powerful than the equivalent VW ones ....

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

10 years to save the Vest

After Truss lost the shirt off the UKs back in 49 days

????

Where did you read this nonsense?

They use the same identical engines on most cars

Its come up in discussions with car aficionados a number of times over the years, ever since a friend bought a rear engined Skoda many years ago which went like a rocket, handled great, but the bodywork turned to rust before your eyes,

and is easily confirmable by a quick google.

Heres one

http://www.bloomberg.com/bw/stories/2007-09-14/skoda-volkswagens-hot-growth-enginebusinessweek-business-news-stock-market-and-financial-advice

The engines/vehicles are built on the same PLATFORM as the German VW's, that doesn't mean they are the same.

http://view.ingcb.com/vw-and-skoda-the-story-of-a-successful-alliance

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

None of the above is relevant to VWs fraudulent business pattern and as an ambassador of Germany has brought Germany into disrepute.

The world has been conned and still to this day mistakenly believe that German products are better. Not only is that not true, and never has been, they have now admitted to being liars and cheats as well.

Germany's emissions have been increasing for the last three years and Germany's government acknowledged that if emissions continued to rise, the country would miss its 2020 target by five to eight per cent.

So could the VW emissions be part of a bigger plan. Bring up the pollution of the US and other countries and their own increasing failure to control air pollution won't look so bad.

Wait to see what test results show on other cars. Perhaps there is a problem with diesel engine vehicles. Apparently to filter out some fumes, there is need to fit a filter regularly at significant cost and if these fake test results lead to more regulation on diesel. It could make ownership expensive.

Within 10 years, most cars will be hybrid electric/petrol anyway. Not sure what they can do with commercial vehicles ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

So could the VW emissions be part of a bigger plan. Bring up the pollution of the US and other countries and their own increasing failure to control air pollution won't look so bad.

:jaw:

This issue nothing more, or less, than Tory style corporate greed.

Edited by Conniff
Remove pointless comment nothing to do with the subject.

The Tory Legacy

12019933_10207849611587291_5992097943280940949_n.jpg?oh=af31ebe082bcecf672b7b99d863fff34&oe=568C76D9

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Its come up in discussions with car aficionados a number of times over the years, ever since a friend bought a rear engined Skoda many years ago which went like a rocket, handled great, but the bodywork turned to rust before your eyes,

and is easily confirmable by a quick google.

Heres one

http://www.bloomberg.com/bw/stories/2007-09-14/skoda-volkswagens-hot-growth-enginebusinessweek-business-news-stock-market-and-financial-advice

The engines/vehicles are built on the same PLATFORM as the German VW's, that doesn't mean they are the same.

http://view.ingcb.com/vw-and-skoda-the-story-of-a-successful-alliance

Maybe on the one engine of that particular model.

I have dismantled several engines and can assure you that they are identical, even marked with Audi four rings and VW.

For example the 1.9 tdi engine is identical in Audi A4, A6, VW Passat and Skoda Octavia.

They only change the engine plastic cover at the top.

To confirm you could even walk in any spare parts shop and ask for an engine part for all 3 models: Same part.

& Vauxhall emission warning light that comes on then off then on again, computer says nothing wrong or code whatever, then replacement lambada etc the 2 weeks light on again, but no power failure, - Vauxhall

it has been reported do not want to know, even one chap reported Vauxhall agent stuck black tape over bulb = whatever next!

had this problem in a Tigra made in 1997, & now Corsa 2005 also have the smell of sickening Exhaust fumes on start up!

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

& Vauxhall emission warning light that comes on then off then on again, computer says nothing wrong or code whatever, then replacement lambada etc the 2 weeks light on again, but no power failure, - Vauxhall

it has been reported do not want to know, even one chap reported Vauxhall agent stuck black tape over bulb = whatever next!

had this problem in a Tigra made in 1997, & now Corsa 2005 also have the smell of sickening Exhaust fumes on start up!

Had same problem on an Astra 2001, 2.0L TD.

After spending a lot of time and money on it I sold it to a guy whose mechanic was confident he could fix it.

He called me a week later and asked for his money back.

Fortunately I had noted on the receipt that he was aware of the fault and he had signed for it.

Tongue in cheek so don't take this too seriously but I had to find a way of subscribing to this thread without getting involved in a massive flame war..........................

Lambda is from the Greek :-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lambda It is a sensor that measures the Air\Fuel ratio (actually Oxygen) in the exhaust gases. Sometimes called the HEGO (Heated Exhaust Gas Oxygen) Sensor.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air%E2%80%93fuel_ratio

The Lambada, as mentioned above is a dance.

H

44 years at the pointy end of the motor trade. :eek:

GARUDALINUX.ORG

Garuda Linux comes with a variety of desktop environments like KDE, GNOME, Cinnamon, XFCE, LXQt-kwin, Wayfire, Qtile, i3wm and Sway to choose from.

Tongue in cheek so don't take this too seriously but I had to find a way of subscribing to this thread ...

You can subscribe, (or unsubscribe), to any thread without posting by clicking on 'Thread Tools' at the top on the grey bar and clicking on 'Subscribe to thread'.

The Lambada, as mentioned above is a dance.
:) Edited by Conniff

Had same problem on an Astra 2001, 2.0L TD.

After spending a lot of time and money on it I sold it to a guy whose mechanic was confident he could fix it.

He called me a week later and asked for his money back.

Fortunately I had noted on the receipt that he was aware of the fault and he had signed for it.

Look for leaks around the injectors or cylinder head - eg damp/oil - looks like an inoffensive minor oil leak or spill.

The Tory Legacy

I've got a supposedly affected octavia 3 2.0tdi.

The fuel economy is shocking sometimes, amazing others.

Add it to the list of faults with this lemon.

Also quite a few have DPF problems, mine being one. Near constant regenerations, and black soot out of the exhaust!

Just counting down until their press release on October 7th regarding how they're going to fix it, and what vehicles are actually affected.

What was advertised (I know that's horribly inaccurate but still...)

And also to the other cars in our extended family, a 15yr old octavia 1.9tdi and even a petrol BMW 318i gets better fuel economy most of the time!

Get an active regen on the way to work and you drop from 60-70mpg average to about 35mpg average!

And it regens every two to three days (70miles a day on average)

Interested to see what "fix" they come up with, VW group are known to not care about customers too much.

A regen has nothing to do with the present problems.

The present VW con job just reduces the emissions during an emissions test on a rolling road. It does this by reducing the fuel input which in turn would reduce the power output, but that reduction in power output is not noticed or measured on an emissions test.

The government have said that any of the effected cars once rectified will not have to pay any higher rate of road tax should the emission then warrant it.

That's a shame as there will be a lot of cars pushing extra pollution into the air because of a fraud and VW will get away with not having to pay for it.

It was more that a lot of cars have defective DPF from new, as mine does.

The dpf isn't under warranty either.

Back on topic though, you have to wonder how arrogant they are to think they'd ever get away with this deception?

Kind of sums VW groups attitude, and it will hurt them massively I suspect.

It was more that a lot of cars have defective DPF from new, as mine does.

The dpf isn't under warranty either.

Back on topic though, you have to wonder how arrogant they are to think they'd ever get away with this deception?

Kind of sums VW groups attitude, and it will hurt them massively I suspect.

They are talking about large cutbacks, so yes it seems as if it will hurt them but no more than they deserve. I think it's pretty safe to assume that their government will back them up should it come to that.

• 4 weeks later...

no offence but why do people seem to find a way to claim off everything if it causes you a big issue and you car doesnt run as good after VW, Audi, Skoda or Seat has messed with it then why make a hassle of putting a claim through i am pefectly happy with my Audi and had a letter from them stating my engine is effected but if it doesnt cause me a major concern then i won't claim

Only time ill claim is if my insurance rises alot of the Tax goes up as its currently only £30 a year

There should be no reason to make a claim as the performance of the car will not change after completion of the 'repair' of this deliberate company action to deceive the public and the testing authorities worldwide and to sell cars that do not meet present day standards.

The government has said that anyone with an affected car that does not meet the testing standard emissions after repair will not have the excise duty increased.

There should be no reason to make a claim as the performance of the car will not change after completion of the 'repair'

It could easily impact the performance depending on how they resolve it.

If they amend the systems to meet the levels they don't really meet, then the performance will of course suffer.

If they amend the systems to just remove the fiddle, then they pretty much can't sell any more new ones as they don't meet new car requirements.

Its likely a compromise will be done as I understand its some very stringent US and future EU requirements they will almost certainly be unable to meet without significant performance loss.

The Tory Legacy