CCScollect

jasonboo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3137 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I'm getting calls and texts from CCSCollect to my work mobile -this is not registered to me/my address. I suspect they've found my number on my work website. I'm wondering whether CCSCollect are phishing/[causing problems]. I misunderstood the first call and thought they were offering me a "personal massage" and realised it was a "personal matter". I think this misunderstanding probably saved me as they kept asking for the first line of my address and would offer no information until I'd provided this.

I don't think they have my address and I suspect that it's probably the result of a search for my name.

I'm tempted to ignore this but wondering whether I should call them to try and sort this out. As far as I know I'm not in any debt. I've been googling about and a few places recommended a credit report which I've done. I can find one trace enquiry from Severn Trent Water which seems odd as I live in the Southern Water region.

I've had a few similar things happen over the last two years including bailiffs chasing up parking fines and early knocks at the door asking for people who've not lived at my address (as far as I know). I've managed to sort these out usually with proof of living at the same address for over 10 years and not having owned or driven a car in over 10 years.

Anyone else getting these. There does seem to be a lot of stuff about CCS on the internet. If there was a letter I'd probably worry and contact them but calls / texts to my work number just feels like [causing problems].

Any advice?

Thanks

Jason

I would not give them anything, although they will undoubtedly say that it is for identification purposes, if they had your address they could write you a letter.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

CCScollect are dca not bailiffs

moved to the DCA forum.

just remember a DCA is NOT A BAILIFF

and have

NO such legal powers

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...