Sallie Mae UK loans: statute barred or not? scotland

KEdin
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1642 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Option A always..........

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Keep sending stupid automated letters

Don't ignore a claim form!

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 4 months later...

Hello there,

A month or two after my last post detailing the fact Capquest had started sending letters suddenly,

I got a letter from Arrow Global saying that my account was now being administrated by NCO global.

For the past three months I've had letters from them

- the first mentioned that they were managing the account and noted that I had 'paid recently'

- as you know, I have never paid.

I've since had statement/payment requests on a monthly basis but no mention of missed payments and no change of balance or interest.

Today I got a letter from Arrow Global saying my account had now been passed 'NCO resolve' and suggesting I get in touch with them.

This whole situation is baffling.

There have been so many different letters and agencies and never any kind of late payment reminder.

I predict that you will all tell me to keep ignoring the letters for now!

Am I right?

Or do I send a 'statute barred' letter to this new organisation?

With best wishes, Kate

GO RESEARCH

they are ALL Arrow global!

and they

they don't

but its all a DCA can do..they are NOT bailiffs.

its all to make people think its going up some form of chain

whereby its not

its exactly the same printer everytime and most probably the same automated PC driven threat-o-program too.

and they

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I had exactly the same problem with Sallie Mae and other various debt recovery agents. I was lead to this post from the post that I wrote back in 2013.

How did this one end? for me, I have not heard anything from the agents for a couple of years now after I followed the advice from this site.

I recently looked at my credit score via ClearScore and the Sallie Mae debts do not appear on it.

Hello, I am still at the same point. I have not heard anything for a long while and my credit score (Clearscore) has recently gone up. It has been over 10 years now and I hope this is finally the end of this horrid business.

Although hearing that they are sending letter out again makes me rather worried. But I will wait to see if anything happens. How long will they keep chasing?

• 3 months later...

Did you take this loan out whilst resident in scotland??

and they

• 9 months later...

Hi all, 

I'm afraid I missed the 2018 messages  - apologies.

Has anyone made any progress?

I haven't heard a peep for over a year, although I still have a loan on my credit record.

I'm waiting until I'm well past the Scottish statute barred period, including the 'payment holiday' written into the loan, before attempting to get it removed from my record.

I hope you've managed to do the same. 

passing SB date does not remove it from your credit file

the default reaching its 6th birthday does though.

so now you are back post 65 please needs an answer

dx

and they

Hi DX100UK, I think you must mean post 64 - yes, I was and still am resident in Scotland.

Sorry, I did mean default - the default is presumably when I ought to have first paid but as you will remember they didn’t ask for money until I got in touch on here.

My loans date to 2006-8, I was supposed to start paying in 2009 but I finished my studies much later in 2013.

I don’t know if it is technically a default if they don’t get in touch for payment.

I have not acknowledged the debt verbally or in writing since taking the loans.

so its not on your credit file at all then?

and they

It is - similarly to other posters. It appears on my file with a green tick next to every month for the last three years but I’ve never made a single payment. The amount hasn’t changed.

then ignore until/unless you get a PAP LOC or an N1 ever..fat chance.

and they

• 4 months later...

Hello All,

Sorry I have been away so long on this topic. I have not really had nothing to report as the usual from CapQuest - sending form letters periodically - has continued to happen until this morning. I have ignored the letters but the change this morning was CapQuest have threatened to send round ResolveCall to my place (ResolveCall are some sort of debt collection agency) if I do not respond by 30 Aug, and will then have asserted they will have no more dealings with me with things being passed over to ResolveCall.

I assert anything CapQuest has ever said is completely superseded by the SallieMae loans being statue barred, as I was living in Scotland beyond the 6yr limit with no contact whatsoever (I have been living in England now for almost 7 years, yes this issue was that long ago, very similar to KEdin's issue as I have never made a payment, debts started appearing on my credit record erroneously stating I did make payments, etc...), I wish to find out what everyone's advice is.

What should I do now, and in the near future in good time BEFORE the 30 Aug deadline unilaterally declared by CapQuest, especially after reading much of what I saw in the above second link? Thank you for any and all advice. And sorry KEdin that I have not responded before now, but do see my reason above.

Thank you.

Ignore,

They  are pretending to be Bailiffs, using Commission only reps door to door, with zero powers.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Removed the links

That site is very wrong almost Freeman of the land stuff

Resolvecall or scotcall do not buy debts

They like moorcroft and wetcloths only chase for clients

They are not BAILIFFS

No dca can ever be and no dca has any legal powers anyway on any debt anyway

if they turn up do not engage

film them on your phone

tell them to leave and not return or you'll call 

police 101

Dx

and they

Hi Guys.

I had the very same problem with the debt recovery agents for Sallie Mae.

After some extremely useful help from this site they seemed to back off.

My credit score via Clearscore seems to be OK although there are other credit score companies so I will see if it flags up.

I have had absolutely no more contact from either Drydens or Arrow so I am hoping that this mess is all over now.

I hope anyone who took out a loan with Sallie Mae gets it sorted out and then able to move forward with their lives.

One good thing is that they can never take away the qualification I gained through the loan.

I will keep you updated with any news.

Kind Regards

• 2 months later...

Hi All,

Sorry no response for a long time. Was away for awhile, then got very ill - but all much, much better now, so I can respond.

A visit today from ResolveCall, but as I was at work, I only saw 2 cards they left. I suspect they will try to find the right time to catch me. I will follow the above advice however.

I also checked my credit score in the past few days (one of the things to do when completely ill and bed-ridden), and saw the SallieMae seemed to have disappeared recently, at least on Noddle, which has now been bought out by a US credit agency (ominous, that US purchase). Noddle seem to use Experian in some fashion.

a new phase, but I follow the advice above, and look for other credit score agencies to see what is happening credit-score-wise.

Not sure about the way forward here, but I think I remember a way KEdin got rid of these annoyances via sorting the statue barred route. I will investigate and may proceed along that path sooner rather than later.

Thank you everyone for the advice and help as usual.