mc100 help

nightwalker
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3121 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi

i have received a mc100 form calling for details of income and expenditure .

have filled out most of the form giving items such as telephone ,internet at 35 , rent at 300 travel 70,dmp at 150 . smoking at 40 . and drinking at 240 which i thin maybe a little too high.

if my disposbale income is higher than what i want to pay would i have to pay this or can i suggest which is suitable a month to pay .

any help welcomed

regards

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

thanks for that ,it was an interesting read . However, it doesnt tell me if the expense amount for drinking is ok or not .also .clothing at 150 a month

Hello there.

Maybe you could tell us how you worked out the figures for clothing and drinking please? That might help people to advise you. I don't think my OH or I spend £150 a month on clothes, but maybe there are reasons why you do.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

hi

well iam paid monthly and so put aside a monthly amount for clothes and drinking each month.

a night out is normally 40.00 and go out twice a week maybe every week

so thats 80*3 weeks=240.last week stay ij

Clothes

shoes ,or boots about 30 , coat 30 ,jeans 15 -and a few tops either shirts or t shirts with the rest.

i ve seen that when completing a I/E for creditors the amount for clothes is 30 ish as is for telephone and internet .

But 30 on clothes a month dont really get much nowadays

I'm sorry but most, if not all, judges are not going to accept that £430 per month on booze, fags and clothes are legitimate and necessary expenses. Most people don't even have that much disposal income a month!

What is this debt for? Is there a background thread anywhere?

hi

well the debt /fine was for urinating in the street (stupid i know )on a night out a few months ago.The court letter was sent to wrong address so i missed the summons to court .next thing a few months later a letter from court arrived for the amount of 455.00.(arrrrhhhhh).

I wound 'nt of though fags was a necessary expense (a luxury)but clothes are ..

I will lower booze amount then to say 180 ,increase food amount and up fags to 60.

in addition to the form ,should i just make a note advising that iam willing to follow a plan of 70 a month.

Try £70.00 a week if you are working

You committed an anti social behaviour offence. Unlike debt court penalties are there as a deterrant

I am on ESA due to a disability and i find your attitude to this rather insulting. I would love to even have spare £70.00 every month to spend just on necessities, not luxuaries such as Booze fags and clothes

I cannot remember the last time i purchased even a new T-Shirt

Perhaps if you cut down on the booze you would not have been caught taking a pee in the street and prosecuted

Edited by obiter dictum

got it now . i have re considered my figures .food at 200 , drinking down to 100 ,clothes at 80.

.this leaves disposable income of 85.00..

That's still excessive, especially on clothes. I'd expect that to be zero.

Judges aren't stupid you know.

And if you are adamant that you have to spend that much, youll be asked to prove it, or the judge will make the decision for you. You can cut those clothes and drinking expenditure down to pretty much zero. Of course youll need entertainment, but one trip a week, maybe 1-2 drinks at most, or a cinema trip is sufficient to cover that.

Basically they will expect you or demand you cut down the drinking to zero.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Sorry in advance of this post, but if you wish to keep your liberty please consider the following as you did commit the offence and were convicted in your absence. The ORDER of the Court was that you pay your fine, not to be flippant with your finances, to put it in clear words for you, either pay it asap or face the Court sending this out to the EA (Bailiff) for collection.

This will cost you more in fees at least £75-00 for sending you a letter, then £235 ish for walking up your path to post a letter, then returning to break in to your home and REMOVING all of your goods to cover the debt. Failing that putting you in prison for a period of time and or tagging you. Sorry if this offends you but please face the music keep it zipped up and be normal like the rest of us and use the loo BEFORE you exit the pub/club or use the public toilets like normal people.

Note to ADMIN even though my response is brutal it is correct and factual, telling the truth to a debtor is the right thing to do, if you think this post is too aggressive and blunt feel free to edit/remove it at your pleasure..

MM

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

ok - But fees have already been added to orignal fine of 85.00 pounds and the total fine now stands at 455.00.

I missed the court summons (as notice went to another address) but have been sent a mc100 to fill in .

Does this mean i will have to attend court depsite failing the first one and prove the amounts on the mc100 , or just agree to pay the fine

The fine is now with the EA and they will call if they have not already. But Some history on this would help in as much as when was you supposed to have gone to Court this is important. Also what notices have you been sent in the post please..

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

Note to ADMIN it appears this thread could do with moving to the Bailiff section as the OP has already had this debt transferred to the EA and enforcement has commenced. Although this is a legal matter it is in the wrong section...

Please remove post if moved

Thx MM

If they've summoned you to appear, then you would be very stupid not to. Unless you like eating porridge

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Note to ADMIN it appears this thread could do with moving to the Bailiff section as the OP has already had this debt transferred to the EA and enforcement has commenced. Although this is a legal matter it is in the wrong section...

Please remove post if moved

Thx MM

If the OP has been summoned to the Magistrates court for a review of his Income and Expenditure, I think this is the correct place.

However, I think the OP needs a reality check. There is absolutely no way you will get away with your personal spending at the rate you have mentioned. The Court, like the debt industry, will have a list of trigger figures on spending (not available to the public) which they will insist you adhere to.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I am shocked how the OP is treating this serious issue with such a flippant attitude

He really does need a reality check

Well we now know that an EA has got his debt, the MC100 will have little or no effect now, but heyho we can but try.

Fine originally was £85.00 now this has been added too

Compliance stage £75-00

Enforcement stage £235.00

His only saving grace was the fact that the summons was sent to the incorrect address, therefore the debtor could have sworn an SD within 21 days, then had the case heard from day one again at that same time, then paid the original fine of JUST £85-00 instead of the new figure of wait for it now about £395.00 and this COULD increase even more unless he takes his head out of the sand....

Note to poster it looks like you have already had the EA (bailiff) come calling, please contact your local Court to see if this in fact true, when you know this answer please return to update your thread.... Also please state when this case was actually heard please!

hi

As i recall the fine goes way back to 27 may 2015 .I was caught by a officer who told me (urinating in the street is a 85 pound fine ).

I was a little drunk at the time but gave my name and address .I didnt recevie anything until about 3 weeks ago when i received a letter from the court with amount of 455. It didnt explain what it was for so i ignored it for the time being .A week later , it was sent again with the words Notice of action/futher steps notice with a briefing

which said something like As you have failed to take action from our previous letter blah blah , all of some of the actions will now be taken against you

1. attachment of earnings.

2.benfits reduction

3.warrent for arrest.

4 .baliffs order for seizure of goods.

I rang the court up and they told me what it was for and that they will sent a form in post 1st class. This was the mc100 and it came a week later(19-9-15 ) not next day as they said it would . ....

You ignored a letter of a financial penalty from the magistrates court.

Are you for real, what ever happened to taking personal responsibility?

If i received a letter like that out the blue i would be straight down to the magistrates court to find out what it was and deal with it

Have you not yet considered this act of peeing in the street has now cost you a criminal record and will impact on future employment?

This looks very much to me the copper at the time gave you an £80.00 civil fixed penalty order.

You ignored that civil penalty order it and it went to the magistrates to enforce as a criminal matter.

You were tried in your absence and convicted, ignored another court letter and it has been now transfered to baliffs to enforce

Edited by obiter dictum

Thanks for the update it is useful, now back to the original case, did you receive any paperwork that told you to attend Court or fill in any paperwork? You stated that the address was incorrect, how was this done? Do not include the MC100 form, what address did you give? don't give that here, is there a similar address near you?

You stated "As I recall the fine goes way back to 27 may 2015. I was caught by a officer who told me (urinating in the street is a 85 pound fine" After this time did you ever receive a summons? Can you please explain how this went from an FPN to this?