I know where my local MP stands

Guest Battleaxe
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6261 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest Battleaxe

I wrote to my MP regarding unlawful bank charges. today i received his reply

6 November 2006

Dear Mrs Battleaxe

Thank you for your letter of 29th October regarding penalty charges by banks.

I understand your concerns regarding bank charges on unauthorised overdrafts. Although these charges may be considered unfair, I think that banks do need to make a charge to cover administrative costs they incur when their customers are overdrawn. i also believe that bank charges on unauthorised overdrafts can act as a disincentive for people to go overdrawn, which is very important in the current climate of rising personal debt.

Thank you for taking the time to write to me.

Yours sincerely

and it is signed by Jonathon Djanogly, Member for Huntingdon

Guest Battleaxe

Oh yes he is Tory and I was going to vote Tory this election, Hmm might have to rethink my options.

An aside, had to ring my new bank Natwest and put my hand up to an absent minded moment. What a difference in attitutude. They listened to me and were ever so helpful. I was not put on hold, I was transferred immediately to the lost and stolen cards section and the phone answered promptly

The story, piles of paperwork and tidying up. All the paperwork there, but Mr Battleaxes letter with new card missing. we had it, I put my card in my purse signed it immediatley, but not MOTH; not a Natwest envelope anywhere, he said he left it in the envelope with the letter. Yep, children, I burnt it. We burn envelopes and then put the ash in the compost bin. If it had been shredded I would have known, because there is no way our shredder could have chewed up a piece of plastic, so no use going compost bin diving.

My card is still active and MOTH will get his new one next week. Ha, what a difference from our old bank, they would have to cancel both cards and wait ten days for new cards to be issued.

I had to laugh one of the questions, is there any money in the account. Sorely tempted to say 1 million pounds.

Back to Mr Djanogly, Sarah, I think he missed the point completely. Difference between admin costs and unlawful charges. What chance do we have?

Well I wouldn't let him get away with that Battleaxe. What a feeble, patronising, fence-sitting response.

His career to date (lawyer, shadow Solicitor General) says more about his standpoint than his politics.

I'm quite sure that you are capable of explaining to him

a) the difference between a charge to cover admin costs and a swingeing penalty and

b) the cumulative effect of charge upon charge on the bank account of a working-class person (probably known by him as one of the hoi-polloi)

Elsinore

save the students vote lib dem.....erm I guess that MP has never been charged by a bank before, in the nicely paid world of politics. Just because you have a well paid job, you should think of the poor people

Ex-Retail Manager who is happy to offer helpful advise in many consumer problems based on my retail experience. Any advise I do offer is my opinion and how I understand the law.

Guest Battleaxe

When they come knocking on my door canvassing votes, I will be asking some very pointed questions.

He is definitely a political animal, sayng all the the right words at the right time. i did not vote him last election, was considering to this time, but so far I haven't really seen any reason why. The patronising answer to my letter, has swung me the other way. Sadly I cannot register a protest vote like I can at home, because voting is not compulsory over here and I don't want to waste my vote. I wish we could get an Independent candidate to stand, then there might be a surprise. There are voters like me who would like a fourth option. Back home if you don't vote you are taken to court and yes I have refused to vote, but I got my say in Court about none of the candidates would represent my family satisfactorily. It was reported in the local newspaper and got taken up by one of the political parties. They came around to see exactly what I want in a candidate for parliament. Oh I got fined $100.00 to boot, but it was worth it and I would do it again if necessary. I have to admit, I was more politically active back home than over here, that is because politics back home are more livelier and the 'little' person was listened to in most cases. Australians and Kiwis are far more politically proactive than over here. Sorry if I have ruffled a few feathers, but at times I feel some ginger needs to be applied to people to get them more involved and make the politicians sit up and listen.

I think Mr Djanogly will get some more letters from me pointing out the facts of real life, where people live from hand to mouth, week by week. perhaps he should hold a surgery in the areas where 'real people' are able to attend and he might hear first hand the struggle people have regarding banking practices and the impact it has on every area of their lives.

Mr Djanogly, if your people are reading this, or are they only interested in press clippings, get a researcher to make contact with me and I will able demonstrate the impact of punitive charges on day to day life and the quiet desperation of the people involved.

Mr Djanogly, if your people are reading this, or are they only interested in press clippings, get a researcher to make contact with me .

Why leave it to chance, send a copy of that post to his constituency office or House of Parliament.

Elsinore

I emailed Frank Field who is a local MP (about 10 minutes away) - I got a nice yellow letter from the House of Commons telling me he couldn't deal with my request as they are strict about dealing with members of other peoples constituencies... I then received another nice yellow letter this morning from my MP in my constituency tellin me he had sent my email to Ed Balls.... whoever he is!

May be this might have something to do with the reply that you had.

http://www.foe.co.uk/resource/briefings/ukplc_hsbc.pdf

HSBC Potential conflicts of interest?

According to the United Kingdom Parliament website in April 2003 the following members of Parliament are listed as having registrable shareholdings in HSBC.

Jonathon Djanogly: MP for Huntindon.

In fact, having just had a look at the register of members interests it makes even better reading.

9.Registrable shareholdings(b)Barclays PLC; banks.Carpetright PLC; general retailers.HSBC Holdings PLC; banks.Lloyds TSB Group PLC; banks.Next PLC; retailers.Royal Bank of Scotland PLC; banks.Shell Transport & Trading Co. PLC; oil and gas.Singer and Friedlander Group PLC; speciality and other finance.Tesco PLC; food and drug retailers.WPP Group PLC; media and photography.AccSys Chemical PLC; chemicals.Medicsight Inc; pharmaceuticals.

I wonder who's interests he was really looking after when he drafted that reply to you?

MBNA - Agreed to refund £970 in full without conditions. Cheque received Sat 5th Aug.:D

Lloyds - Settled for an undisclosed sum.:D

According to the United Kingdom Parliament website in April 2003 the following members of Parliament are listed as having registrable shareholdings in HSBC.

Jonathon Djanogly: MP for Huntindon.quote]

Ahh now there is a surprise NOT..Poor mp only looking after his Crimbo Bonus...What a Disgrace..

Lloyds TSB -PPI - Full refund . 05/09/06 :D:p (As Seen on TV) :p

Halifax settled in Full.. :D 22/09/06

TSB First Claim SETTLED IN FULL 19/10/06 :D

Second Claim to Lloyds TSB - Settled in Full

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

If my post has helped you, please click the scales! :grin:

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

Guest Battleaxe

Oh dear, poor man, he will be between a rock and a hard place. he can't run with the fox and hunt with the hounds.

Guess we know how he will vote when the Bailiffs's Bill comes up.

I knew my gut instinct was right when I first laid eyes on him. I definitely wont be voting for him next election.

The man wants his dividends to increase at the expense of the little person. How fortunate that he has these interests to line his nest. I wonder if he will contribute to the Farepak fund (doubt it). No, I don't have anything to do with Farepak and my heart goes out to the people who are involved and look like having a very sad Christmas/

Richard M well done.

• 2 months later...

Jonathon Djanogly: MP for Huntindon.

In fact, having just had a look at the register of members interests it makes even better reading.

9.Registrable shareholdings(b)Barclays PLC; banks.Carpetright PLC; general retailers.HSBC Holdings PLC; banks.Lloyds TSB Group PLC; banks.Next PLC; retailers.Royal Bank of Scotland PLC; banks.Shell Transport & Trading Co. PLC; oil and gas.Singer and Friedlander Group PLC; speciality and other finance.Tesco PLC; food and drug retailers.WPP Group PLC; media and photography.AccSys Chemical PLC; chemicals.Medicsight Inc; pharmaceuticals.

I wonder who's interests he was really looking after when he drafted that reply to you?

Cash for Honours!!! Tip of the iceberg.

The whole system is a joke:rolleyes:

Please note: I give advice, in good faith, based on my reading and experience. Please satisfy yourself, that any advice given is accurate in content before acting upon it.

A to Z index

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html