How to request an employment history from the HMRC?

rooibos
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3078 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

is it true that the HMRC can give a statement of employment record if requested?

I have found the address of the Record Retrieval Service, but it looks like this is only for compensation claims?

Would they give me a record for any other purpose? And would that cover also periods on benefits?

The reason I need this record for previous years is because I've lost some of my p45s and now I need to claim permanent residence status for EU citizens.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

It also lists NI contributions made via benefits AS WELL

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Wow, I'm going to try that. But do I need to give them a list myself or would they find other employers that I forgot to mention?

I'm sorry for sounding bonkers that I'm a bit stressed and I want to do things right.

It should all be based on your national insurance number.

• 4 weeks later...