dvla and insurance

albeit
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3122 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

received a letter from dvla saying im not insured.....phoned insurance company I am insured

sent a copy to dvla recorded post,

letter back saying fine stands as they checked with my insurers and im not insured

phoned my insurers again im insured and they had no contact from dvla

checked myself on MID online and it shows insurance,

should I just let it go to court

received a letter from dvla saying im not insured.....phoned insurance company I am insured

sent a copy to dvla recorded post,

letter back saying fine stands as they checked with my insurers and im not insured

phoned my insurers again im insured and they had no contact from dvla

checked myself on MID online and it shows insurance,

should I just let it go to court

No don't let it go. DVLA will just plough on and take you to court. Seen a few cases reported online where this has happened.

You need to contact DVLA to make sure they record a complaint that you have insurance and the insurers were late in adding the details. They might want a letter from the Insurers with a copy of the insurance certificate. Seek compensation from the insurers for the hassle they have caused you.

What happens is that a lot of insurance companies use outside insurance underwriters. There can be a delay in some companies adding details to MID, even though they are supposed to record it within 48 hours.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

thanks for reply

yes I understand that insurance company should tell MIDatabase

But it is a legal requirement that I insure vehicle but its not my duty to ensure that its on database

so they cant fine me for that

You miss the point. DVLA are arrogantly stupid. They will just continue without checking MID again.

But it is your choice. If you don't do anything and end up with a court fine, please do report back.

Just trying to help you avoid hassle dealing with a court.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I would put in a formal complaint

This will help you if they proceed to court.

By putting in a complaint and doing as advised you will be able to claim costs more easily should the DVLA take you to court.

Also do a formal complaint to your insurance company and in writing, send them a copy of the letter from the DVLA demanding that they fix the problem.

Also check DVLA are using the correct registration etc.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

• 2 weeks later...

update.......sent proof again and proof from M I D that im insured sent by recorded mail

Letter back saying that wasn't good enough and they need a letter of indemnity from insurance companie ,,,,,,,

just going to let it go to court now as im wasting my time with some senseless morons,,,,i will go all the way and will be issusing a money claim online this weekend against them so as to get it in court from my side

It is a legal requirement to ensure your vehicle is insured not a law that you have to inform the M I D or the dvla

will post soon