Found CCJ Lowell/Carter old provident loan

G__M
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3140 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Evening Folks,

Apologies if this is in the wrong section, if it is could the mods kindly move it.

I have arrived home today with my wife to find that my wife has kindly received in the post a CCJ obtained by Lowell(Claimant)/Bryan Carter Solicitors on 16/09/2015.

Now this has come as a bit of a shock as we have received no prior correspondence from them regarding this debt or anything to state there would be any date to appear in court to deal with this.

The judgment has also been obtained in my wife's maiden name, despite us being married for 3 years.

I would greatly appreciate any help to urgently deal with this.

Many Thanks

G__M

I don't think there is much you can do until Monday, because you will need to telephone the Court - MCOL -

The process for the claim would/should have been...

A few letters from Lowell and Bryan Carter the solicitors.

A letter before Claim

The Claim itself, which would have been sent from the court

When you telephone the court on Monday, you need to know what address the claim was issued to and the date of the claim.

You also would like a copy of the claim, because it should advise you the name of the creditor was who assigned/sold the debt to Lowells.

You need to act swiftly on this, because if there has been a procedural or any other error then you will be able to have the claim set aside.

Does your wife have an idea at all what this might be in connection with ?

You might want to check her credit files to see if there is anything on there that would give her a clue.

You can use the free service offered by Noddle, although that one is not always up to date.

It would appear that you should be looking for a debt that your wife had prior to your marriage.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

citizenB,

I have checked my wife's credit file and it is for a provident loan that she took out

I started experiencing major health issues around the time we got married and subsequently was diagnosed with Epilepsy

so my wife as well has working full time has had to also look after me(with occasional help from relatives)

so has put a big strain on her the last few years and she had totally forgot about it.

We definitely have not had any documentation from Lowell/BC since moving in with the in laws in November 2012

because of my health issues and I'm afraid they will try to send in High Court Sheriff/Bailiffs.

Many Thanks

G__M

Obiter,

My wife can remember speaking to provident about it when she initially had issues in repaying and that we were moving due to my health issues however she cannot recall if she provided the new address.

I'm already stressing about this, its not that she does not agree that the monies are owed however the thing that is worrying is that we have never received any paperwork regarding the debt yet somehow Lowell/BC must have obtained this in order to get a CCJ.

Thanks

G__M

Carter is the lowest of the low. He uses any trick he can to get a judgement. In your case, issuing on an old address, therefore knowing hell get the judgement.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

That is the problem, if your wife never informed provident on the change of address the court will almost certainly deny a set aside application

If i were you i would send a subject access request to provident to see if any notes have been made about the change of address.

Do not tell them what you are after, you are after everything.

Get that and you should be ok

was this a doorstep loan?

and was it the only one?

or was it a rolling account - borrowed more and more. over a time????

you might be able to set it aside

however you'll need a defence for the original debt mind

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

dx100uk,

I believe it was a doorstep loan as it was one that come to the door to collect payment.

Might be wrong, but did i read that Provident stopped collecting payment at the doorstep a few years back. Could it be that this happened around the time of moving and therefore a new arrangement to pay by a different method was not arranged.

What i find odd, is that Lowell must on many occasions look at the credit record and if the address has changed, why don't they make a note of it, to use for letters and pass on to Carters.

Perhaps see if you can get the credit record history of the address shown and also the history of any credit checks by companies. If you discover that Lowell and Carters have accessed the credit record many times so would have seen the address, i think i might be tempted to use this evidence in some way.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I'd get an sar running to provi ASAP

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...