Concorde could fly again

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3128 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

From the Guardian about my favourite plane.

'A group of British aviation enthusiasts committed to seeing Concorde fly again has revealed it has the funds to purchase one of the supersonic jets and bring it back into service within the next four years.

Club Concorde, which consists of “ex-captains, ex-charterers and people passionate about Concorde” hopes to use £120m funding in reserve for its ambitious “return to flight” project.'

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/sep/18/supersonic-breakthrough-concorde-could-fly-again-within-four-years

Illegitimi non carborundum

From a business point of view I'd say it was a very sensible decision, though from my own point of view as an aviation geek it makes me very sad. I mean, BA was never going to sell their flagship aircraft to their biggest rival and Branson knew it perfectly well, which is why Branson could grandstand a bit knowing that his company would never actually have to assume the phenomenal cost of operating the aircraft. Of course, BA's fear was that Virgin would do what they were never able to do and actually make the things a commercial success, but that seems highly unlikely. Still, the dreamer in me wishes that Branson had at least been given the chance to try.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

One of my cousins was a senior stewardess on Concorde for a number of years. She was able to get cheaper flights for immediate family and my uncle went. But i think he only flew one way due to the cost and flew back via a normal plane.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Keeping these aircraft in the air is very expensive. I am a fan of the last remaining Vulcan Bomber still flying. They have now anounced this will be the last season and it will be permantly grounded. Even the lottery heritage fund denied them funding. They relied on corporate and donations for funding.

Who will fund Concord to make it economically viable??

How did your uncle find the flight, UB? I've never flown on Concorde sadly, but I've walked around the one at Duxford. The cabin seemed pretty small to me.

HB

It was a long time ago and sadly he is no longer alive. I think he thought it was a life time experience, but as he had travelled first class many times, he was not as wildly enthusiatic, as others would have been, if they had no experience of luxury travel. There was also the size of the cabin compared to first class on a 747 jumbo.

From what i can recall about my cousin, was that the cabin crew were limited as to how long they could serve, because of the effect on the body. Concorde use to fly at about 50,000 feet, rather than the standard 35,000 that most planes fly at.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Another interesting thread in the Bear Garden.

Concorde wow.Saw it fly over Blackpool Prom many years ago.Thought the speed it was going how is it staying up.

Guessing now.Bought first day of issue stamps Concorde.I was only young 13 i think. never bought a first day collection before.1969 Perhaps.

Well i went outside to the post box.Only trouble was there was a first day issue postbox and a normal one.

Put in wrong one.

As for the Vulcan, been in the cockpit when kept at Blackpool airport.

Turned into a right scrapper.What a story there to be told.Another day perhaps.

Flew over the other week.

Southport soon or just missed it.

Would really like to see Concorde again.So graceful.And so fast.

Come on let us take off have a flight then land again.Treat ourselves.

Fasten your seatbelts.

Concorde-From the cockpit, Take-off and landing.