You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Welcome to the forum. I don't think you are breaching any forum rules at all and we are pleased that you have come to us and posted up your story. However, you have posted your story in a very solid block of text. It's extremely difficult for people to read and it tends to dampen down their enthusiasm when otherwise there would like to help you. Please would you mind posting your story in a well spaced and punctuated form and you will get lots of enthusiastic help. Thanks
    • MPs told that Brits are being refused interviews in Europe because of Brexit.   https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/job-interviews-british-citizens-europe-brexit-a9593066.html
    • Hello to all and i apologies if I am breaching any forum rules, any help or advice is greatly received. I traded in my car almost a year ago and purchased a second hand kia optima 2013 with around 75000 on the clock, and 127 a month in HP payments. After 5 and a half months of normal use the engine seized, the reverse camera and sensors no longer worked and the passenger seat belt alarm continuously sounds at various times when no one is seated in it. I had also needed to renew pads and a brake calliper almost 4 months after purchase. I had not raised concerns to the brake components as they would be considered wear and tear.   Being in the industry I dropped the oil and found it to be extremely thick and probably not circulating to the top of the engine, i.e. the oil had not been renewed in a very long time (there is no oil light on the dash or any indication of fault or maintenance due) I retained the oil filter, and opened a resolver case, with tall the faults listed. Upon contacting the dealer and informing him of what happened he indicated he wanted no responsibility towards rectifying the problem as close brothers were technically the owner. I approached close brothers (18th February)who started the ball rolling and approached dealer again who formally by letter refused liability. Close brothers sent  an engineer to inspect my listed problems, which was all visual as the vehicle will not move and after three weeks the report was with my case handler at close brothers. I requested this report twice but have not seen it. Close brothers informed me that the report was inconclusive and they would need to move to a more through inspection. At this stage the pandemic hit, at no point did I stop work and had to continue on charity and the diminished public transport to commute to work (140 miles a week) as no courtesy car or rental was provided.  I maintained contact with close brothers throughout the lockdown, and was given the same update, they were waiting for the engineering firm to do an assessment but they were only doing key workers. Despite me telling them I was a key worker nothing was done until the easing of the lockdown. I was informed that ACE vehicle inspection would contact me to collect the  oil filter.  This happened on the 18th of June and I phoned each week to chase. I was informed on the 30th that the report was showing as on the portal and my case handler (simon) would look at it and call me back. I received no call and called on the 1st with the same responses. Today (2nd July) I got Simon who tells me that the report is showing on the portal but when he went to open it, it was not there and he would chase the engineering firm and get back to me in a couple of hours.   I believe I am being taken for a mug now and am unsure weather I should escalate my revolver case to the regulator or any other advice, I'm therefore at this forums mercy any advice will be greatly received. 
    • The Royal Mint has urged coin collectors to avoid paying huge sums for common coins on the basis of 'farfetched' reports, after a 2016 Battle of Hastings 50p reportedly sold for more than £63,000 View the full article
    • PayPal, ignore them, don’t contact them, nothing they can do . Won’t even appear on your credit file   Other debts? Your wife Ill and disabled? Start a. We thread on each I’ll help you get them of your back. Don’t worry!
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 6 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
lol doll

disabled driver and parking eye ticket - **cancelled by site management**

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1727 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Thank you for the info,

go after the bosses of the retailers there,

give them all something to think about and see what happens.

I bet PE will cancel as a gesture of goodwill.

In the meanwhile keep an eye on the appeals clock and get in an appeal to PE on the grounds

that they have no authority to determine what the limit of parking is at that site

and demand sight of the contract with the landowner that agrees that the limit is 45 minutes

and what provision is made in that contract under the Equalities Act for people with mobility prblems.

They wont let you see it and they wont answer your question but it will give you a POPLA code

so you can hit them again with a demand to see their statements under the EA.

Thank you for the info, go after the bosses of the retailers there, give them all something to think about and see what happens. I bet PE will cancel as a gesture of goodwill. In the meanwhile keep an eye on the appeals clock and get in an appeal to PE on the grounds that they have no authority to determine what the limit of parking is at that site and demand sight of the contract with the landowner that agrees that the limit is 45 minutes and what provision is made in that contract under the Equalities Act for people with mobility prblems. They wont let you see it and they wont answer your question but it will give you a POPLA code so you can hit them again with a demand to see their statements under the EA.

I appealed to PE straight away

although I did not receive the letter for three days into the reduced payment.

I also contacted management at the site and informed them of the situation.

To be honest my appeal was exactly that,

nothing technical just the fact I could not have coped hurrying and quite obviously would not have parked without paying where needed.

I am sure they know that already because realistically who would in threat of this.

My appeal is open and I can contact them again now I have more information thank you.

And the same with the site who have not replied.

Thank you so much.

It actually feels like I have a chance.

PE wont change their mind whatever you say, focus your attention on the retailers and they will force PE to cancel if they can. Whose business is being wrecked by the stupid limits on parking, not PE's. If the retailers think that thy are going to get bad publicity over a disability issue that is none of their making they will apply pressure, you can be certain of that. the developer that owns the land wont give a toss about you but will listen to the tenants threatening to leave or demamd changes to stay, that costs them money. Basically you have to poke them and get them to rwact, rather than worrying about PE at this stage, you can do them over when you get your POPLA code and cost them money to boot. .

2. blue badges mean nothing on private land

True but 16.5 of the BPA code of practice says this...

If your landowner provides a concession that allows

parking for disabled people, if a vehicle displays a valid

Blue Badge you must not issue it with parking charge

notices.

To be perfectly honest at this moment in time I cannot get enough up to pay anyway.

WHAT are you thinking ???.

you came to C.A.G for help,

the help you will get will be second to none,

alot of us have already been their and done it!,

got the teeshirt

,got the ticket,

challenged and WON.

sit back put the kettle on and enjoy the ride.

knowing caggers are with you all the way,

don't get mad get even.

here when you need us,

have a nice day.

Hi everyone.

Thank you so much.

I help out in a group forum for people recently diagnosed with my illness.

I do hope I'm as helpful there as everyone has been to me here.

In thirty years of driving I truly never had a parking ticket.

Since having a blue badge issued I have had loads and like a fool have paid !

I even packed it away for months as I was literally a sitting duck.

I will briefly list some of the instances.

Mainly in free to everyone car parks

1. Meadowhall - free. Blue badge.

We have had a number of fraudulent blue badge users.

Driving licence, registered disability, log book and badge sent.

Had to pay as reply said all could have been fraudulently obtained.

2. Edge of windscreen tint obscuring reflective stamp on blue badge.

Total rubbish - asked warden in person before leaving car if everything was correct.

Ticketed 4 mins later

.3 free car park.disabled bay.

Rear wheel encroaching yellow line of bay - by 1/2" next to a wall !

4 free car park.

Left vehicle engine running and car door open while reading sign 10 steps away .

Warden parked next to me. Ticketed.

When I asked him what he was doing was told I was not allowed to address him,

write to the address.

Reason for ticket - not set clock !

5 get this one !!! Blue badge incorrectly displayed.

Upside down not wrong way up.

The list is endless.

So accept my apologies for ranting but I HAVE HAD ENOUGH.

Update on current ticket.

..I have received a curt reply from shopping site management.

Thank you for contacting us. I have enclosed a diagram of the signs situated at the entrance and within the car park.

The appeals process is described on the rear of the parking notice you have received. (however the next line says)

Please forward your parking notice issue number and the vehicle registration so I may assist parking eye with their investigation. .

.Now read into that what you will but thanks to the brilliant information from you ie ammunition, I am loaded and ready

. Disgusted, downtrodden, disabled - but not dead in the water yet ! Lauren xxx

..I have received a curt reply from shopping site management.

Thank you for contacting us. I have enclosed a diagram of the signs situated at the entrance and within the car park.

The appeals process is described on the rear of the parking notice you have received. (however the next line says)

Please forward your parking notice issue number and the vehicle registration so I may assist parking eye with their investigation. .

.Now read into that what you will but thanks to the brilliant information from you ie ammunition, I am loaded and ready

. Disgusted, downtrodden, disabled - but not dead in the water yet ! Lauren xxx

Send the information asked for, but also ask for their policy on the Equality Act 2010. Also the land owners, British land.

As an aside, this is the signage that is on site apparently;

http://www.stpetersretailpark.co.uk/parking-tariff-info

You can't even read the small print on a computer screen...

http://www.britishland.com/our-places/our-places.aspx#/list/search-mansfield/71226

Hi Everyone.

After my reply from the retail site management I gave the details asked for by them but also asked for their policy re. Equality act

and if permission had been granted to issue a charge to a blue badged vehicle.

I also informed him that should parking eye decline my appeal I would be asking for the popla code and appealing at that stage too.

I have now received a reply from the retail management. -courtesy included.

I was addressed by name and that they could now inform me that parking eye would no longer be pursuing the charge made !!!

It is in the process of cancellation and I should be receiving confirmation shortly from them.

However if I wish to continue to visit the retail site may he reminded me that there is a 45min limit on parking to all visitors.

The following day I received the parking eye no reply email simply stating the charge reference number followed by charge cancelled. .

... I would like to thank you all.

Thank you for sharing your knowledge, for taking the time to help and for your support.

One very grateful disabled driver.

Thank you !!!

there you go, perseverence and knowing which tree to throw the stones into has rewarded you with the fruit.

They could have done a damned sight more re equality but that would damage PE's income stream so winning one at a time will have to do for the moment.

Well done for your success another nail in the coffin

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.