• Tweets

• We used to recommend that people accept mediation but our advice is change. The mediation process is unclear. Before you can embark on it you have to agree that you are prepared to enter a compromise – and that means that you agree that you are prepared to give up some of your rights even though you are completely in the right and you are entitled to hundred percent of your money and even though EVRi are simply trying to obstruct you in order to discourage you and also to put others who might want to follow your example off from claiming even though they have a legitimate basis for reimbursement. Mediation is not transparent. In addition to having to sign up that you are prepared to give up some of your rights, you will also have to agree not to reveal any details of the mediation – including the result of the mediation – so that the whole thing is kept secret. This is not open justice. Mediation has nothing to do with justice. The only way of getting justice is to make sure that this matter goes to trial unless EVRi or the other parcel delivery companies put their hands up and accept the responsibility even if they do it is a gesture of goodwill. Going to trial and winning at trial produces a judgement which we can then add to our small collection to assist other people who are in a similar boat. EVRi had been reading you around by the nose since at least January – and probably last year as well – and their whole purpose is simply to drag it out, to place obstacles in your way, to deter other people, and to make you wish that you'd never started the process and that you are prepared to give up your 300 quid. You shouldn't stand for it. You should take control. EVRi would prefer that you went to mediation and if nothing else that is one excellent reason why you should decline mediation and go to court. On mediation form you should sign that you are not prepared to compromise and that you are not prepared to keep the result secret but that you want to share the results with other people in similar circumstances. This means that the mediation won't go ahead. It will take slightly longer and you will have to pay a court fee that you will get that back when you win and you will have much greater satisfaction. Also, once you go the whole process, you will learn even more about bringing a small claim in the County Court so that if this kind of thing happens again you will know what to do and you will go ahead without any hesitation. Finally, if you call EVRi bluff and refuse mediation and go to trial, there is a chance – maybe not a big chance – but there is a chance that they will agree to pay out your claim before trial simply in order to avoid a judgement. Another judgement against them will simply hurt the position even more and they really don't want this. 300 quid plus your costs is peanuts to them. They don't care about it. They will set it off against tax so the taxpayer will make their contribution. It's all about maintaining their business model of not being liable for anything, and limiting or excluding liability contrary to section 57 and section 72 of the consumer rights act.  
    • Nice to hear a positive story about a company on this form for a change. Thank you
    • too true HB, but those two I referred for starters - appear to be self admitted - One to excuse other lockdown law breaking, by claiming his estate away from his consistency and London abode was his main home the other if he claims to have 'not told the truth' in his own words via that quote - to have mislead his investors rather than broken lobbying rules   - seem to be slam dunks - pick which was your law breaking - it seems to be both and much more besides in Jenricks case Starmer was director of public prosecutions yet the tories are using seemingly baseless allegations for propaganda and starmer is missing pressing apparent blatant criminality in politics
    • I am sure the resident experts will give you a comprehensive guide to your rights.  The responsibility lies with the retailer. I have dealt with Cotswold before for similar. And found them refreshingly helpful.   Even when I lost the receipt for one item I had bought in Inverness. The manager in Newcastle called the store. Found the transaction and gave me a full refund. 
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

disabled driver and parking eye ticket - **cancelled by site management**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3093 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone.

I'm a new user and in an awful situation with the good old parking eye system. St Peters retail park Mansfield.

I am a disabled driver and aware now this is a private car park.

I struggle with disability and clinging on to my ability to drive.

My daughter has recently started at the college in Mansfield but is struggling with the lack of buses.

She helps me so much I agreed to take her to college

but in an attempt to save petrol I decided to stay there

and do my shopping in the retail park.

It took me 2 hrs and five minutes.

I received the ticket today after parking in the disabled facilities.

Unfortunately I have done the same on at least 3 occasions.

The signs were away from the bays

I asked another parker how long I could park for as I am very wary when going somewhere new.

They said 3 hours which I accepted as this is the same time given in all our local area.

I fear this may be the first of the tickets from the same car park.

I cannot establish how long I could park for as there is no mention on fire

just a camera image of my number and stating I parked on private land.

I have appealed on their website and contacted the shopping centre with the problem.

Had no reply from either.

What do I do next.

I do hope someone can come up with a solution.

Mortified Lauren.

Edited by citizenB
formatting

Someone will be along to advise you as soon as they can.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

:thumb:

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I see that most of the people who help out in this forum are not online at the moment. Don't panic, once they have finished their day jobs, they will be with you :)

BCOBS

I sense a possible breach of diability discrimination law.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I have just looked at the St Peters Retail Park website and it would appear that you can park for 45 minutes for free.

http://www.stpetersretailpark.co.uk/faqs

http://www.stpetersretailpark.co.uk/faqs/who-should-i-contact-regards-any-parking-queries-0

Googling this issue appears to bring up quite a few links where people have been caught out.

BCOBS

What exactly did you say in your appeal on their website and did you ask for a POPLA code ?

BCOBS

Thanks for replies. .

I'm am feeling foolish and terribly disheartened at the moment. 45 mins. What the hell.

I queued for 5 mins in one shop alone.

I appealed to parking eye for a little discretion as a disabled driver.

I checked the disabled vehicle's I was parked next to and no one had a purchased ticket.

I couldn't even get to the other shops on site as too far from disabled bays for me.

I had been told 3 hours by the neighbouring car also blue badged.

I could not have got round any faster.

Can't shop in other centres as too far from car.

I'll be sticking to the local store from now on.

That's at least my custom lost through principle.

It says on back of fine I can appeal to parking eye and if unsuccessful

can then apply to popla but not until a decision is made by parking eye.

Thanks.

Yes, 45 minutes is absolutely ridiculous, especially in a retail park. With the best will in the world, people who are not disabled would struggle.

My understanding is that if Parking Eye reject your appeal then they should send you a POPLA code and others will tell you what you need to do next.

BCOBS

Thank you.

It really is a waiting game.

The parking charge as opposed to fine arrived yesterday and the date of offence was the 7th.

I contacted them straight away but have had no response.

Oh my god, I cannot imagine the situation if I now receive another two of the same over the next two weeks.

Your reply is very much appreciated thank you.

Try not to worry. The regulars will be around asap. Suffice to say, you wont be paying this lot a single penny.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Thank you. It really is a waiting game. The parking charge as opposed to fine arrived yesterday and the date of offence was the 7th. I contacted them straight away but have had no response. Oh my god, I cannot imagine the situation if I now receive another two of the same over the next two weeks. Your reply is very much appreciated thank you.
what ever your appeal was parking eye was always going to reject it,i assume you already sent an appeal ,did you get a popla code?.

what ever your appeal was parking eye was always going to reject it,i assume you already sent an appeal ,did you get a popla code?.

you may get other begging letters but hey ho!.only contact them by letter ,keep copies ,and send with proof of posting and keep all correspondence including envelopes as dates really matter.any letters received is because they care NOT!.

parking eye dont like giving you a popla code, it costs them to do it, around £27 last time i checked.

Hold tight for noe and await their response which will be either email or letter

tho as letters cost to send i would expect an e mail.

it goes a little like this,

they MUST have the landowners written permission to issue parking charge notices,

if they dont they are screwed and your appeal will be successful based around this,

if they do have it then you proceed to popla which you should receive a code from parking eye in their response.

go back to where you parked and take a photo of the yellow parking signage,

if there is anything wrong there its another ground for defense.

I have no idea if the fact that you are a blue badge user has any bearing on private parking restrictions

but its another avenue of possible defense.

i will try and find the appeal letter template that i used with them,

it got them to back down and cancel the ticket

but in any case i think they are easily available if you google it

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

you may get other begging letters but hey ho!.only contact them by letter ,keep copies ,and send with proof of posting and keep all correspondence including envelopes as dates really matter.any letters received is because they care NOT!.

My next task will be in writing with copies. The rear of the charge gives an order of appeal. Firstly to contact them with an appeal. It says I can apply to popla but not until my appeal has failed with themselves firstly. I'm not a usual give up on the rob dogs but am so upset by the struggle I experienced trying to be a bit more independent that if I actually had the funds I would just give in and pay.I don't and it feels like a rough experience has been made truly unbearable all for a "private land" what a joke con. I actually caught myself trying to recollect if I could have accidentally pulled onto private property somewhere !!!

Youd better not pay them a penny!!!

Hi,

I googled parking eye appeal and was forwarded to the parking eye contact with appeal.

I sent copies of my blue badge etc.

This includes my email address.

I then contacted the retail site itself and explained the situation.

Also informing them that I had spent my weekly budget on their site.

I have my doubts I will receive a reply any time soon from either.

couple of things to point out##

firstly IT IS NOT A FINE...

its a speculative invoice

2. blue badges mean nothing on private land

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi. I fully agree.

When I was first issued my blue badge it carried a meaning - "target"

I was once issued a ticket in Meadowhall at Sheffield.

Parked in a disabled bay with badge and clock set,

free unlimited parking to EVERYONE.

Every 4th car in the disabled bay was issued one three days before Christmas for no reason.

I wrote to the company sending photos of the actual event

and of the tickets stuck on the other vehicles with copies of my blue badge, driving licence,log book - everything !!!

I was told there had been a spate of fraudulent blue badge use and told to pay.

There was no mention of popla and at that point it was the start of targeting.

Two weeks later I was parking at a dentists, again in a disabled bay.

As I parked a traffic warden approached me.

I did the badge and carefully placed it on top off the clocks of car.

He came up to the car and I asked him if everything was ok and if I was clear to park.

He was pleasant and said everything was fine.

15 mins later I returned to a ticket which was issued 4mins after parking.

The reason written in ink read obstructed badge.

I sent pictures again and told them everything that had happened.

They claimed a one inch tinted line around the glass had obscured a number.

The badge was not even in the windscreen - again I paid.

I spent the next six months not daring to use it.

This Christmas in a free car park that I thought needed tickets purchased

I parked my car and put badge in window.

Left the door wide open with all my belongings on the seat and walked the 5-10 steps to the sign to read the small print.

I was ticketed instantly with the door still open.

I asked him what he was doing and was told

"you cannot question me, don't speak to me, if you want to know anything there's an address"

and with that he got back into a car parked right next to me !!! In a disabled bay, sat waiting.

An elderly gentleman told me he had experienced the same because his wheel had covered 1" of the yellow line.

When I wrote the reply stated I had not set the clock but they would consider my appeal.

I never heard back and didn't pay.

Prior to a blue badge I have honestly never had a parking ticket.

At present I use it to be close to where I need to be, I despise the damned thing.

Most car parks I use I pay the same rate as everyone else but can park near the door which is essential for me.

In my experience a blue badge means something on private land - ticket me !!!

Edited by citizenB

Your local authority should be able to provide you with a map which shows areas where you can and cant park for free. Sadly even in some LA car parks blue badge holders have to purchase a ticket, albeit discounted or with a certain portion of time free. The only benefit with the blue badge that I can see now, is that sometimes there are designated spots which are closer to where you want to be.

BCOBS

The answer in all of these things is to never pay anything until you have exhausted every avenue of appeal open to you.

Blue badges mean absolutely nothing on private land so you have to rely on the law instead.

First of all complain to the chief executives of all of the shops that are related to the car park

and point out that you intend to take th matter up formally as a claim for disability discrimination under the Equalities Act

and unless they can explain why parking is so limited at the site

so it is impossible for people with mobility problems to go to even 1 shop

you will be sending them a Statutory Questionnaire to obtain copies of their equalities statements

regarding the provision of parking and access

also copy of the planning consent for the development that decided that the parking should be limited to 45minutes.

If the latter is not specifically written in to the planning why are they conspiriing with the parking co to discriminate againt the disabled?

The stores wont have much say but they wont like to be dragged into an argument that they have no control over

so will apply pressure to get your ticket cancelled

(they wont give a stuff about anyone who doesnt moan as they dont see that as affecting business

Name the parking co so we can advise as to their normal modus operandi

The answer in all of these things is to never pay anything until you have exhausted every avenue of appeal open to you. Blue badges mean absolutely nothing on private land so you have to rely on the law instead. First of all complain to the chief executives of all of the shops that are related to the car park and point out that you intend to take th matter up formally as a claim for disability discrimination under the Equalities Act and unless they can explain why parking is so limited at the site so it is impossible for people with mobility problems to go to even 1 shop you will be sending them a Statutory Questionnaire to obtain copies of their equalities statements regarding the provision of parking and access and also copy of the planning consent for the development that decided that the parking should be limited to 45minutes. If the latter is not specifically written in to the planning why are they conspiriing with the parking co to discriminate againt the disabled?

The stores wont have much say but they wont like to be dragged into an argument that they have no control over so will apply pressure to get your ticket cancelled (they wont give a stuff about anyone who doesnt moan as they dont see that as affecting business

Name the parking co so we can advise as to their normal modus operandi

Hi. This is parkingEye. Po box 565 Chorley PF6 6HT..ParkingEye car park management.

The St Peters Retail Park. Mansfield. Notts.

There was signs at the entrance to the car park but it is an exit off of a busy main road.

It leads round a narrow hairpin bend which in itself is difficult.

With traffic behind there is no way you could stop and read the signs as this would impede the traffic back to the main road

. There was signs around the car park but not where I parked which is why I asked a fellow parker.

To be honest I did not see any ticket machines at all.

They were certainly not near me as that would have instantly alerted me

as I checked other cars for tickets and no one near me had one.

Thank you.