PCN Camden, Maddness

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2264 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Folk. Wanting to pick the collective brain.

Firstly i would to say i very dyslexic. Please be understand if it not he best writen thread ever.

I am real after legal and technical avice. And copy or quote i can copy and pasta in my appeal. With word before hand to expain the quote. As it almost impossible and very, very, very time comsuming.

I recieved a PCN from Camden council for parking in P&D. Firstly i had broken down and waiting for AA to turn. I photo of AA amn fixing my car. Also AA recipts of works,

Secondly i had brough a ticket but i was parked in Lincoln Inn Field where there are many bounary to different council ( no clear signage from either council ). I paid for the parking thought westminster. As i looked for the nearest P&D machine and paid there. Thjink all is fine.

I guess we move on to the technically, about right sigage, TMO, breakdown, what fair and resonable and mitigating factory. Any guidence would very gratefull recieved.

If you were parked in a pay and display bay, without a valid ticket for that bay, then the legal fact is that you were in contravention, and so they can issue a PCN and enforce it.

What you need to rely on are the circumstances - I'm not completely clear from your description, but it sounds like you were parked in a bay without a correct ticket, but what about the breakdown? Was the car broken down before you parked it there? Or was it broken down after you parked it, so you couldn't move it?

Also, could you give us the exact location?

I will disagree on that one, mind you my transgression with Camden Council was in 1998

I received a puncture going down Tottenham Court Road. While waiting for Green flag to come and change the wheel (I am disabled) i received no less than three tickets in the space of an hour. (Double yelow lines) I appealed the tickets and got the response that it was my responsibility to keep the vehicle mechanically sound and have enough petrol etc.

The council said i should have driven to another street without parking restriction

I did research and hit them with this:

In moving the vehicle while in an unsafe condition i would be committing an endictable offence according to statute, Statute takes precedent over local authority parking restrictions. I stated they were forcing me to break the law.

Tickets were cancelled

Having broken down and havng paper work such as recovery, invoices etc should be enough to prove your defence at the appeal stage

Edited by obiter dictum

Like I tried to get across to you in my last post (perhaps I wasn't clear), it depends on the sequence of events. If you were forced to put the car there because of some malfunction, you have a stronger case, but if you parked there in contravention, and then the vehicle was found to be faulty and you couldn't drive away, that's rather different, and would affect how your appeal is received.

And where was it - the exact location?

I will disagree on that one, mind you my trangression with Camden Council was in 1998

I received a puncture going down Tottenham Court Road. While waiting for Green flag to come and change the wheel (I am disabled) i received no less than three tickets in the space of an hour. (Double yelow lines) I appealed the tickets and got the response that it was my responsibility to keep the vehicle mechanically sound and have enough petrol etc.

The council said i should have driven to another street without parking restriction

I did research and hit them with this:

In moving the vehicle while in an unsafe condition i would be committing an endictable offence according to statute, Statute takes precedent over local authority parking restrictions. I stated they were forcing me to break the law.

Tickets were cancelled

Having broken down and havng paper work such as recovery, invoices etc should be enough to prove your defence at the appeal stage

How is that disagreeing? A puncture could not exactly have been avoided unless you drove over a nail on purpose! If you got a puncture left the car with a flat went shopping for 4 hours then returned and changed the spare would you have expected the same result? Adjudicators frequently reject appeals for running out of fuel, flat batteries etc as it could have been avoided by more diligence on the drivers part, time also plays a part if you broke down and parked in a residents bay on a Monday its unlikely an adjudicator would think it reasonable if you booked a garage to collect the car several days later.

Hi Jamberson

Many thanks for your time and advice. To answer your question i had broken down. And had to find a safe place to stop the car as i was a very hig risk to other road use. As i my car was belowing more smoke out than a smoke machine at rocj gig.

AA man said that the car could not be move. mainly for safty.

This took place in Lincons Inn Field

OK, so word your appeal something like this, and include copies of the pay and display ticket you bought (if you still have it) and the AA paperwork.

Dear sir / madam,

PCN number xxxxxxx

I would like to appeal against this PCN. On the day in question, I experienced a breakdown, with smoke billowing out of the car. I was forced for my own and others' safety, to pull over, into a suitable space. Fortunately this was a pay and display bay, and I bought a ticket which I believed would be valid, although in the stress of the moment, I must have purchased the wrong one (see attached copy).

Shortly after the break-down, the AA attended and I had the car made road-worthy (evidence attached). I believe the CEO photographs will also show the breakdown vehicle in attendance. I was in no way trying to take advantage of the system - I was merely the victim of circumstance and so I ask you to cancel the PCN on this occasion, since the circumstances were beyond my control, and there were serious safety issues at stake.

Yours, etc.