Caro v Yorkshire Bank for PPI

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2930 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

They are just stalling, Caro. Until you have produced ID, they wont start dealing with your SAR !

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They are just stalling, Caro. Until you have produced ID, they wont start dealing with your SAR !

I know. I'll go in tomorrow. What they fail to realise is that the more they mess me about the harder I'll fight. :madgrin:

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I know. I'll go in tomorrow. What they fail to realise is that the more they mess me about the harder I'll fight. :madgrin:

:lol:

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

We had this : they asked us to go into the branch with ID. I called them to ask why and they said that if there was any redress they needed proof of ID and address to make sure we are who we say we are. We did this and then a while later we got theor offer of redress which was much higher than we expected : fingers crossed x

We had this : they asked us to go into the branch with ID. I called them to ask why and they said that if there was any redress they needed proof of ID and address to make sure we are who we say we are. We did this and then a while later we got theor offer of redress which was much higher than we expected : fingers crossed x

Be nice to think so but as it's a response to my sar I somehow doubt it. The longer it takes the more the interest will be. ;)

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

it's progress though : they are very helpful on the phone when you speak to them

I did phone to ask for the info on where they got the figures from, and the girl I spoke to tried her best and was lovely. I felt quite sorry for her because I was being quite persistent and she kept putting me on hold to try, and had to keep coming back to say they didn't have that info which sounded ridiculous. Must admit I shouldn't have phoned.

I'm going to re-read your thread to refresh my memory on how you got yours back cleo.

Did they just offer you your payments and 8% interest to begin with?

here is the breakdown copied from my thread :Here you go: (rounded to nearest)

Estimated PPIlink3.gif £1125, Actual paid £4231, charges incurred £1230, Associated interest applied to balance £13000, 8% simple interest £11985. Minus 20% tax £2400. total was £29k. I sent the spreadsheet for the six years I had the statements for plus contractual interest (I worked out an average using the statements I had : all this with the help of the site and dx100uk) then added 8% interest using another spreadsheet from this site . For that six year period it came to approx £9k ish . But the card was much older so YB used an estimate by looking at spending patterns and assuming credit limit increase each year. So I reckon the figures I sent in for that 6 year period can't have been too far out.

I did phone to ask for the info on where they got the figures from, and the girl I spoke to tried her best and was lovely. I felt quite sorry for her because I was being quite persistent and she kept putting me on hold to try, and had to keep coming back to say they didn't have that info which sounded ridiculous. Must admit I shouldn't have phoned.

I'm going to re-read your thread to refresh my memory on how you got yours back cleo.

Did they just offer you your payments and 8% interest to begin with?

Edited by cleo4patra
ommision

yep : nearly never claimed!! Only had info for six years but reckoned that was better than nothing -- nearly passed out when we got the offer.

excellent. that must be a record, or near enough. wonder what the most payout amount has been?

IMS21 got +£35k

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Wasn't there a PPI payout from MBNA of £60,000 !

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?354001-Mbna-awaiting-offer-letter-%A364-000-WIN

Edited by citizenB

BCOBS

Ford, my apologies.. wrong link :( I have swapped it for the correct one now :)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?354001-Mbna-awaiting-offer-letter-%A364-000-WIN

BCOBS

Yes, and CAG got a mention as well :) Did you notice the woman from the Yorkshire bank who hauled in a whopping £142,000 ?

BCOBS

yes, for 2 policies. what is the record payout, cag or otherwise?

From my knowledge, I would say that £142,000.00, would be the record - however, the £64,000 for a payout where we have helped.

BCOBS

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Cleo. I phoned to check that the department that deals with SARs got my ID from the branch, which they had, and was told they had until 8th March (which is about right). The lady I spoke to said it was likely to be last minute as they're so busy.

It's the 8th tomorrow so let's see what the postie brings, :-/

It's the 8th tomorrow so let's see what the postie brings, :-/

You'd better be in as it'll no fit through the letterbox :)

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert