Link barclaycard claim stayed since oct 2014 & kearns sols***Claim Discontinued***

b4nkers
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2757 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just to add..... Personally, what I fear they will do if you challenge the legibility of the document, is to then follow up with a recon version that passes as a legible copy of that they supplied initially - they will try to tell the court that this is perfectly acceptable, and a judge who has a bit of bias towards creditors will not need a second invitation in allowing it when it gets to court. You then have to go back and find an argument as to why the court shouldn't allow this for the purposes of enforcement. I think that by simply taking the current agreement at face value and pointing out the specific deficiencies within it, which renders it improperly executed, it will make life much more uncomfortable for the claimant. They can still supply a recon, but you're on the front foot in dealing with that then.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for your added input. All seems to make sense to me.

The inception copy they sent me is legible though the T&C's are just about legible in parts and not legible at all for some bits. Also difficulty to see how those T&C's were ones associated with the application-as there are no dates on them.

WS deadline is 1st September - as too for the claimant. So far nothing from them as yet though I suspect they will email me theirs just before 5pm on 1st Sept with paper copies in the post. Going to post mine tomorrow morning 1st class recorded delivery.

and a copy to the claimant sols but don't sign that one

theirs does not have to go recorded.

can be 2nd class as long as you get free proof of posting from the PO counter

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 4 weeks later...

I've received a notice of Discontinuation from IDR Finance :-)

(its within the 28 days of the hearing date so guess they will get a full refund of any hearing cost)

Just a quick question- my defence included a monetary counter claim - will this also come to an end unless I pursue this further?

Notice of discontinuation Sept 2016.pdf

Edited by b4nkers
edit attachment

hoho ho

that was obvious from day one with Plink

after a sneaky default judgement

you called their bluff.

give it couple of days and ring the court to check it IS disc'd

yes your claim is now null

but you can go after the OC by a std reclaim mind.

ah no I see you mean:

4. The Defendant will seek from the Claimant damages, to be assessed by the Court and limited to a maximum value of £1,000.00 for the emotional strain and upset of having to deal with the account together with, if appropriate a declaration of irredeemable unenforceability.

that was highbridge was it not...silly idea.never gonna work

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I've received a notice of Discontinuation from IDR Finance :-)

(its within the 28 days of the hearing date so guess they will get a full refund of any hearing cost)

Just a quick question- my defence included a monetary counter claim - will this also come to an end unless I pursue this further?

Well done b4nkers..I will amend your thread accordingly........forget the counter claim...but yes it does cease unless you inform the court you wish to proceed.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread