I got the job!

essexmat
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3067 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

UPDATE:

I now officially start on Monday 26th. Took ages for their HR to get all my references and DBS together but this is fine as it is a fresh month for salary.

OK, so I signed on 15/10 got my £146.20 JSA yesterday - all fine. I sign off Friday but officially Sunday as I start Monday so will get approx £100.00 JSA as my final payment - all fine, also sorted my HB and council tax last week. On 15th I also saw INGEUS, they know nothing, just went through motions but they have booked me another appy for Friday 23rd to "revisit job possibilities and updating CV" - when I left on 15th INGEUS adviser gave me an appt card with time and date but I have no letter mandating me to attend - am I right in thinking unless I get one tomorrow or on Friday morning (appt is 14.30 Friday) and can simply not turn up as I have no official mandate? I start work 26th but obviously do not want my final JSA payment affected.

So, worth not bothering or with dares paid and a quick 20 minute appointment not worth rocking the boat as I am leaving them anyway?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No formal letter of mandation, no requirement to attend. A word of caution: Check the card to make sure it doesn't say something along the lines of "appointments are mandatory". Even if the card says nothing, it may not stop them from raising a benefit doubt.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

No formal letter of mandation, no requirement to attend. A word of caution: Check the card to make sure it doesn't say something along the lines of "appointments are mandatory". Even if the card says nothing, it may not stop them from raising a benefit doubt.

Card is a simple appt card with appointment time and date and a logo with "we look forward to seeing you" on the front and INGEUS logo and address/phone number on the front. No word on anything mandatory at all and no letter. I sign off same day as I see INGEUS so would the payment have been 'pushed through' before a benefit doubt is raised? If so, I win, if not, I could be causing myself more hassle

Payment should go through before a sanction is imposed, and once the claim is closed, there is diddly squat either the DWP or Ingeus can do. Should a benefit doubt be raised, I'd suggest wasting a bit more of their time by demanding a Mandatory Reconsideration.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Thanks Mr P - as always, very informative and helpful!

As I thought, the time I sign off and paymen tis pushed through the benefit doubt won't even be with DWP. Oh and great idea with asking for a MR :lol:

Being a cautious sort of guy I still feel guilty if I do not attend, after all, free bus ride, time in town so in effect it is no big deal, just me wanting to get one over 'legally' by not attending due to no letter so in a way childish!

What a great day and a great "up yours" to INGEUS it was!

Turned up to see my JSA adviser who is actually very nice, we had a chat, I closed my claim (10 days of payment to come so around £100.00) and I filled in the JCP slip where it asks for employer etc and I simply crossed through it and put PRIVATE. My JSA adviser laughed and said "nice one, you have done your homework" implying what I said to him on numerous occassions about the WP and getting bonuses for NOT HELPING AT ALL. All done and dusted we shook hands and he wished me luck.

INGEUS appt soon after at 2.30pm. I am called for my appointment and I say "before we go any further, so I do not waste your time and my own time I have just signed off" ... "oh" is the reply. "for what reason, got a job?" ... me "maybe" .. "well, if you have well done, where will you be working?" ... me "keeping it private, done all the work myself with no help at all from INGEUS in almost 2 years" ... "So we have nothing to discuss really do we?" me "not really, but before I go I would like my travel cost paid, thanks" ... walks off in a huff gives me my money and says "I will still call you periodically to see how you are doing" me "OK" .. get home, blocked email address and phone number - job done.

As of Sunday evening and my fina payment on Thursday I am free of the DWP and I hope it lasts a long time.

That must have been very satisfying. :lol:

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi all. Hope you are all well.

It's been a while sinceI was on so thought I would pop on and have a read and see how everyone is doing.

Job is going great, had my first pay day last week plus I get my WTC's as well and my council tax (due to living with disabled parents) is only £38.00pm so all in all good news.

I have been there 5 weeks now, people are great, job is great, travel is great and most important of all - salary is lovely and no JC or INGEUS to answer to. What a pleasure it is to get up for work, put a suit on and go to work for a salary with leave, sick pay, pension and social events. Couldn't be happier at the moment.

INGEUS attempted to call my mobile (thought I blocked it) last week and without thinking I answered, "hello is that Matt?" "yes, speaking" "Hello it's Adam from INGEUS, just calling to see how the job is going" "Fine, but I really do not want to speak with you" "Are you busy, shall I call another time?" "No, it's OK, in fact please do not call at all, I want nothing to do with INGEUS and if anyone attempts to contact me again I will write to head office and cite harrasment goodbye"

Pleased to hear all is going well for you Essex, long may that continue.

Very naughty of INGEUS to phone when they know you are at work !

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Glad it's all going well Matt. :)

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Pleased to hear all is going well for you Essex, long may that continue.

Very naughty of INGEUS to phone when they know you are at work !

You make it sound like these people have morales and values? Luckily it was at lunch time and my mobile is on silent at work with only my parents having my work number for emergencies

I'm also glad it's all going well Mat, long may it continue :)

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Glad it's going well Matt, and hope you'll continue to drop in and see us from time to time :)

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.