Council found guilty of harassment by Government ombudsman

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3139 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My local council has been found guilty of harassment by Government Ombudsman.

He says the council should pay me £100.

It was for an unenforceable parking ticket (which I didn't owe but they kept on chasing).

Bailiffs were NOT involved as I kept getting the orders cancelled.

Should I just take the £100 or is it worth going through the county court.

The council is putting the public at serious harm, and plenty of complaints about them in the press,

from ex-council staff and the drivers.

In what way are the Council guilty of harming the public ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

There are suppose to the deal with appeals within 10 working days, but it's taking 56 days.

The Ombudsman say they have their procedures WRONG and they need to change it.

Also, when you send in letters, or write information on appeal forms, the council don't read it, just reply with template letters.

Whole department is buckling under pressure, lots of complaints by drivers.

Which council please - and what are the facts

Yes, I understand that xfox, what I don't understand is your statement that they are guilty of "harming" the public ?

If you are going to issue a claim against them for more compensation and you are going to be making that statement within your claim, you will need to back it up.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Yes, I understand that xfox, what I don't understand is your statement that they are guilty of "harming" the public ?

If you are going to issue a claim against them for more compensation and you are going to be making that statement within your claim, you will need to back it up.

The ombudsman upheld my complaint of harassment (against me) , they've not been found guilty of causing harm to the public.

I said The council is putting the public at serious harm, because of their broken procedures, they ignore letters.

I can track down other drivers who are having the same problems and bring them into court as witnesses (I have their details) etc

We can't all be wrong.

If you want to go to Court then you must not accept payment from the Council & write to the Ombudsman disagreeing with their decision as you want more money. You cannot have it both ways.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If it was unenforceable, it would normally have been cancelled by whoever ruled it to be unenforceable (eg an adjudicator). It would not have resulted in compensation for harassment under any circumstances I can think of. But unless we are told the whole story, the thread isn't much use.

As the ombudsman has made a determination that is the decision of the court so suing the council will cost you a fee and you will win exactly £100. However, you may have the council's costs to pay on top.

I believe that the ombudsman has decided the council is guilty of maladministration because of.................. that may include a list of all sorts of things but wont be harassment so you have to separate the 2 things if you really want to take this up. Personally I would take the £100 and if they then carry on chasing you take the matter further on its own merits. However, you can write to your councillors, make a complaint to the local paper about their blind stupidity etc and get them to change their ways that way. The person doing the decision making at this level is probably just not being monitored by their bosses properly and a formal complaint will be enough to put an end to things at no expense to yourself.

The obmudsman isn't a court, and the local paper can't take complaints. The PCN appeals process is extremely simple. There's never a situation where courts are needed or people are compensated for harassment or the council is sued and so on. It's really very easy - if the OP can be bothered to tell us the back story, all will become clear. However he sems to have vanished - probably because the back story shows up how absurd his own actions have been. (Sorry, I hate to make a judgement, but that's how it always turns out to be.)