style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3098 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Flech, pretty good at the moment thanks. Good to see you back on here. Hope you are likewise hale and hearty.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At the beginning of the week I received an enquiry from a debtor who was upset at a lengthly letter that he had received from the Local Government Ombudsman in relation to a complaint he had made after his vehicle had been taken by bailiffs. The debtor claimed that he was 'vulnerable' and that he was also from a 'vulnerable household'. The LGO's report is very interesting indeed and deals at length with the subject of 'vulnerability'. Given that this thread concerns mental health and vulnerability, I will look at starting a new thread to discuss the LGO's position on vulnerability.

PS: The LGO report rejected the debtors complaint.

Lets ask the question are your posts 100% accurate? if not why not ?

I had missed this MM, since I was asked the question i feel I must reply. Firstly i have to point out what a bloody silly question this is, and one which is unworthy of you if I may say.

No one is 100% correct all the time. However I do make my assertions and back them up with all the relavant legislation and authority I can find.

I also post them on a public forum and invite people to dissagree as long as they support their contentions with similar reasoned argument and are civil. This is not as common as you may think. Many offer ideas and abuse on forums where there is no right or ability for anyone to reply and correct them.

If you feel that any arguments I have presented are incorrect, then you are more than welcome to dissagree and debate the point, I welcome this.

Hope that clears the point up for you.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

I had unsubscribed so lost why I need to respond. I don't do slanging matches. It is obvious my input is not required as I don't know anything about this subject and always wrong in what I post. Well so last post

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

I will if I may put my two cents worth in

I suspect that the number of people claiming to be vulnerable when visited by an EA are in the minority purely because I suspect the majority of people who have visits do not frequent certain internet forums or indeed even know of the law.

There is another aspect which is the lack of joined up information transmission and intelligent thinking , for example a council may realise that someone is in receipt of ESA or PIP through the joining up of the benefits system but no one in council tax will engage their brain to think that this might make them vulnerable . On the other hand, do i want my medical and other personal records to be able to be accessed by anyone , for me certainly not.

EA's are not social workers and even the involvement of social workers is not what should be being looked at. It is Doctors, G.Ps and hospital ones who know if their patients are vulnerable .

Another problem is that many vulnerable debtors may not know their rights so if an EA arrives they let them walk in. As for knowing that there is a problem , there will be some who are not aware of outstanding warrants . I had a relative who had arrears letters as well as default notices arrive, not because of an inability or unwillingness to pay but a complete lack of motivation to open ANY post .

I do think that if an EA is told or suspects that a debtor may be vulnerable they should be forced to pause and reassess. If they are told that a household is vulnerable a few well aimed questions should be able to determine if that may be the case and if so then stop the activity.

sadly as always , it is the few who damage things for the many

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .