Getting out of work for a job interview

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3144 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a couple of job interviews coming up, how ever their days are not flexible and neither are my bosses.

He will constantly find ways to make it so I don't to take time off.

If I'm sick, I'll have to work from home, expecting constant calls from the office and clients. If I'm going on holiday, I can only have the dates between flying out and coming back and nothing else, and expected to take calls.

If I have a doctors appointment, he will expect me to work the hours inbetween.

I can almost never have Mondays or Wednesdays off due to working at a clients, and my work load is too much to take any other day off for that matter!

He is also very demanding of the reason I am trying to take time off, and will often tell me to do those things at the weekend instead.

How do I get past this obstacle?

Book the day off, tell him you're going for a (insert deeply personal medical sounding procedure here) and smile sweetly. Or, when he asks, tell him it's personal / none of his business and walk away, alternatively a glass of heavily salted water and deposit your breakfast on his desk. He's your manager, not your keeper.

My views are my own and are not representative of any organisation. if you've found my post helpful please click on the star below.

When I was younger I had a job like that.

Eventually I started making up the most disgusting and embarrassing medical excuses to tell my demanding boss (female boss)

She stopped asking and made a point to let me know that I didn't have to tell her 😁