Universal Job Coach

Clear33
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3143 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Does anyone know if the 'job coach' appointed when on Universal Credit, can provide a personal character reference for a job. Obviously the sessions are quite intensive and lengthy and if a job seeker has followed through on all tasks and kept appointments over a period of six plus months etc. then I would have thought the job coach would be an ideal reference?

Thanks

http://www.workcoachcafe.com/2014/06/02/references-hurting-job-search/

Not exactly answering your question, but having read the link, I learned a few pointers

Ive taken a quick look around, no info regarding DWP giving personal references to claimants. My guess is it is probably not allowed and may harm your prospects more than it helps.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

thanks. v. helpful. it is 'expressly forbidden' apparently. friend is already in job so is disorganised with this request. almost viewed it as unimportant like ur article says as they can see his character now! he has one, hopefully, either that will do or he can find another asap.

Judging by the standards of DWP staff I've encountered, the last thing I'd want off any of them is a reference. It would be littered with spelling mistakes too, no doubt. God help them if they ever ask ME for a reference :)

Never seen the point in employers asking for references as people are obviously only going to provide good ones. Hope your friend enjoys his new job :)

He found another one thank heavens. They really piled on the pressure, I thought he was going to lose his job there for a minute. It is all a bit of a paper game really, I agree. I have got to say, his job coach was absolutely amazing. The practical help offered, interview suit, travel fare to a course, updated computer qualifications, driving license, and travel fare until he was paid was absolutely crucial in him getting and keeping the job. The only criticism I had was that he told him his CV was great. At the time it was probably just the right thing to say as it gave him a great boost, but when we re-did it, that was a really professional CV and that was what got him the job. I did have an extremely sceptical eye on the situation throughout the process, but I can't find fault. Maybe he just got lucky and found a great job coach.