• Tweets

• Which was your car? 1st Silver? Black? 2nd silver??
    • I did read the guide but the language on the court form threw me.   I’ll send it to the first address. Thanks
    • Fine. Have a quick think and decide whether you want to bring a small claim. If you do then it is worth spending a little bit of time looking through this forum and discovering the steps of how to bring a small claim in the County Court. You would have to start with a letter of claim which would give them 14 days to provide you with your refund or else you will start a small claim against them and without any further notice. Day 15 you issue the papers. Don't make the threat unless you are prepared to go ahead and carry it out. As I've already said, bringing a small claim is extremely easy and on the basis of what you say, your chances of success are much better than 95% – and in my view Halfords will put their hands up unless they really want to waste their money and their time. Does Halfords really want to spend their time and money losing a case in which they will have to draft the defence document, respond to various papers from the court, put you to the trouble of paying the hearing fee, instructing lawyers to go and attend at your local court which I believe is in the North west of England, losing their case, having to pay your £40 plus interest plus your court fee plus the hearing fee – and then suffer the indignity of having their name plastered even further all over this forum and over Twitter and Facebook and trust pilot. If this is what they want then they really don't value their reputation very highly.   I have sent the following response to Halfords  
    • The Highway Code says you must not enter unless your exit is clear*. The law doesn’t say the same, the offence is stopping on the box junction* It is possible to enter while your exit is clear, and then another car block you, you stop on the junction, and commit the offence* even though you complied with the Highway Code**   (or, even, breach the Highway Code by entering when your exit isn’t clear, but not commit the offence as long as you don’t actually stop, and your exit becomes clear in time!)     * = absent the defence of you wanting to turn right and the only thing preventing you doing so being oncoming traffic (/ other vehicles turning right)   ** = in which case you appeal, not on grounds of the contravention not occurring, as it did, but on the grounds that given you had made all efforts to comply, and another driver’s bad driving caused you to have to stop so as not to cause an accident, it isn’t in the public interest to pursue it.     Looking at the video : the silver car and black car that stopped in the right hand lane both committed the offence. The silver car in the left hand lane that had the black car pull in front of them from the right: a) may not have stopped at all. If it didn’t actually stop, no contravention ocurred! b) if it did actually come to a complete stop, rather than just slowing : Ask for a discretionary appeal on grounds that the exit was clear when they entered, and the only reason they stopped was another vehicle causing them to have to do so to avoid causing an accident.  
    • read the guide CCA goes to the claimant   dx  
  • Our picks

mystic_bertie

Parking Eye Ltd - PCN scotland Glasgow Anniesland 'Fine'

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1518 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I was amazed when i got a fine through the door about July time,

i had parked in the retail park at Anniesland Glasgow,

i had no idea there was any kind of restriction on the time you can park there,

i thought it was a free car park as there are no ticket machines.

to get a fine for exceeding the time limit is incredible.

No doubt there will be signs posted around the car park but i never paid any attention to them as i just assumed it was free.

I ignored the first letters hoping they would go away.

Now i have a letter from DRP a collection agency asking for £135.

Im unemployed, i have a massive overdraught, i have so much financial problems just now, i dont need this crap.

Is there anything i can do to make them go away.

The letter i have says it should be paid by 16th of sept or it might go to court action.

1. its not a fine read the letters carefully

2. you are in Scotland - you can totally ignore them.

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

1. its not a fine read the letters carefully

2. you are in Scotland - you can totally ignore them.

dx

Ah yes they say its a parking charge, is it a case of they cant enfoce these charges in scotland. Im so glad to hear that.

Hi,

Can you confirm that you live in Scotland and weren't just visiting.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi,

Can you confirm that you live in Scotland and weren't just visiting.

yes i live in Scotland, cheers

yes i live in Scotland, cheers

Cool. The Protection of Freedoms Act doesn't apply in Scotland although PE will try and make you believe they do. They can only go after the driver, not the keeper and of course, you are under no obligation to name the driver, are you!!

If they did try it on and issued court papers, they should be batted away quite easily and you could claim costs from them as well as it would be an abuse of process.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Cool. The Protection of Freedoms Act doesn't apply in Scotland although PE will try and make you believe they do. They can only go after the driver, not the keeper and of course, you are under no obligation to name the driver, are you!!

If they did try it on and issued court papers, they should be batted away quite easily and you could claim costs from them as well as it would be an abuse of process.

Ok many thanks for the great advice, its such a relief i dont have to pay this. If they sent me any more worrying letters ill post here. cheers

They have got the debt collectors involved because they know their action has no legal basis

and think that if you are daft enough to pay up then you will pay some more to the debt collectors chistmas fund.

DR+ are not even proper debt collectors as they are not registed as deposit takers so they cant hold funds on behalf of you or the parking co.

This means that if the debt was real and you paid them then the debt is still owed to the original creditor.

They have got the debt collectors involved because they know their action has no legal basis

and think that if you are daft enough to pay up then you will pay some more to the debt collectors chistmas fund.

DR+ are not even proper debt collectors as they are not registed as deposit takers so they cant hold funds on behalf of you or the parking co.

This means that if the debt was real and you paid them then the debt is still owed to the original creditor.

thanks for all that info, i would never pay one of these mobs anyway without checking my rights online. Im so glad i came on here to ask the advice and information has been great. Its one less thing for me to worry about. many thanks everyone :-)

That's what CAG does is give you the knowledge to help yourself...

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.