Bad Credit score

Pauldon56
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3139 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

My first post.

My son banks with NatWest and as done so since he was 16 (Now 22) he went overdrawn by £0.58 back in April this year. He had not used his account since then as he wasn't working just studying hard before going to University.

Anyway long story short 3 weeks ago we went into the branch to change his account for a Student Account as he needed an overdraft facility and his normal account had no overdraft facility.

This is when we found out he had gone £0.58 O/D and since April had put charges on his account totalling £146.00 so as you can guess shocked was an understatement

They have now withdrew the charges as a matter of "Good Will" however they will give him a Student Account with No Overdraft. We also have found out they have marked his Credit Rating, this as stopped him opening a Student Account with any other bank.

They also REFUSE to remove his mark from the Credit Rederance Agency. My question 1 can they do this? If so how can we get his file clean so he can get an Overdraft as he is going to need it while at University.

Sorry for the long post but any help advice really would help my Son

Thank you all in advance

Edited by citizenB
spacing

Did the bank send regular statements showing that he was overdrawn and interest being added ?

If not, then you might be able to appeal to the CEO at their Head/Registered office address.

That seems to be an awful lot of charges on £0.58 in just under 6 months ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I thought Natwest had a buffer incase this happened!?!?!?!?! (Removed)

As a treat, I have included an email so you know just how bad things can get with Natwest;

Good Afternoon Ross

No doubt your personal assistant will pass this on to your Executive Team. Or maybe onto some low paid, slave labour death camp worker who is paid minimum wage to file into the section B for Bin?

Did that last bit make you laugh?

It did me and I got that from a wonderful person call the artist taxi driver. He is a Youtube blogger who has incredibly funny. But I would imagine having all those board meetings you don’t get time to go on Youtube.

So here is my current state of affairs dealing with RBS Group.

I’ve escaped… YES! I left you in February to join Nationwide and This was the best move that I’ve had in the last 3 years. Their service is phenomenal compared to the RBS Bandwagons. I even got my contactless card, Flexplus account benefits and haven’t had to complain once! They have laughed at the times that I’ve told them stories about RBS Group’s behaviour.

But… I must say, after leaving I thought this would be the end but No, you lost both my SAR Requests that I had sent in. In fact 2 days ago, after 5 months of faffing around, I finally got my SAR info at home and I am NOT impressed.

I’ve seen some comments that are unacceptable and quite frankly, I would like to bring them to your attention.

I also want to state exactly what will be my next steps and I guarantee you, it’s not going to be pretty.

I was willing to let this drop but the fact that your staff members can be extremely unprofessional when leaving written notes that the customer can see in these circumstances, I don’t think it’s appropriate to just let it go.

Dated 12th March 2014

Customer has been identified as a serial complainer with the possibility of looking to rebank the customer.

5th December 2014

This is the latest in a long line of complaints by Fkofilee

Our relationship is at a very low Ebb.

I have suggested that Fkofilee make alternative banking arrangements

21st January 2015

Customer is a serial complainer and fos Rights Issued

17th February 2015

Looking at the Customer History, there are 11 service related cases in the last 3 months

These are already on the Consumer Action Group forum. This is just the Natwest Comments. The RBS ones I will be keeping to myself for now.

I’ve already had a discussion with the Guardian today and they have said they may run with it in a story.

You threatened to close my account because you were unhappy that I had raised so many justified complaints points, some of them were even repeats of issues. And they didn’t stop even after I left with the whole Vodafone fiasco where the Direct Debit details kept getting changed because of your system mismanagement.

I have now had it up to here. Every single thing that has taken its toll, I have lost the will to care with the group.

Remember, you put me in debt back in 2012 when you didn’t cancel my card correctly and then told me I’d had to prosecute my brother because he had use my card to pay for a Wonga loan. Eventually I have up with your company. Last year I spent in excess of a third of my time and energy chasing after your company. I wasn’t bothered about the compensation, In fact Half the time I wanted to say no because it felt like tainted money from a bank that didn’t care.

I wanted RBS to care about me as a customer and they made it clear time and time again they didn’t want to know.

I am now going to put my foot down and tell you exactly what you are going to do. You promised you would write off the account from RBS Group that went into default. I now have that letter in my possession and should RBS enter debt sale again them Ill happily show it to whichever lapdog puppy you farm it out to.

I am going to take all of the comments public and also send them onto Martin Lewis who will have a field day with your reputation and the amount of people that read Moneysavingexpert.

I have all the SAR Paperwork filed and scanned to my Cloud storage. Accessible for when I need something.

I will give you one chance. Remove the RBS default otherwise, Im going to go public with everything I have. After your IT issues you’ve had, you do not need another bad piece of journalism.

If you refuse, then its off the national papers and the FOS and I will let an adjudicator decide what’s best.

I always try to deal with a company professionally, but its comment like the above that give a real insight into how banks treat their customers.

And remember, every single raised complaint was justified. More than 80% were found in my favour.

Read and learn that RBSgroup are a pain. Consequently, they will bury their heads in the sand.

Edited by dx100uk
please stop swearing or implying it -dx

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Thank you for your reply

The Bank claims they sent statements and email he did not get any I did check his email incase they went to junk. But no not one,he paid no money in or drew on his account since April. The rate of charges is £6.00 per day to a max of 20 day per month or so. All I want is to let him have his credit file clean so he can a overdraft. Being a student living in London he will need it.

I asked the bank to do that but they refuse point blank as they dropped the charges

You could send a Subject Access Request to them, this should provide you with a communications log (diary of events) - this will show if they did send these or not.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387306-Full-Subject-Access-Request-**Updated-January-2015**

It will cost £10.00 and they 40 calendar days in which to comply - you should send to their Head/Registered office address.

However, try Ross McEwan at the email address that fkofilee has provided and see how you get on with that first.

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

No buffer he only had a basic account no overdraft and yes your right

Basic Account?!?!?

As in their Credit Restricted Account?

Read my email that ive posted some posts up... I sent that earlier this year...

This will give you some idea of just how bad they can get.

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

I thought Natwest had a buffer incase this happened!?!?!?!?!

As a treat, I have included an email so you know just how bad things can get with Natwest;

Read and learn that RBSgroup are a pain. Consequently, they will bury their heads in the sand.

My god are they for real!!

Vote with your feet, kick nastypest into touch and go elsewhere, you should change banks as often as you change car insurance.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Basic Account?!?!?

As in their Credit Restricted Account?

Read my email that ive posted some posts up... I sent that earlier this year...

This will give you some idea of just how bad they can get.

His account had no Overdraft Cheque book etc just a kids account. Opened at 16 for his EMA while at college. Even at 18 it stayed the same

His account had no Overdraft Cheque book etc just a kids account. Opened at 16 for his EMA while at college. Even at 18 it stayed the same

So why did they even let it go over by 0.58 ?

If this wasn't a nice little money spinner for them, I cant think what is !

BCOBS

Exactly! And I'm pretty sure that they can't enforce nor report to the CRA's regarding a debt made up solely of banks own charges?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Exactly! And I'm pretty sure that they can't enforce nor report to the CRA's regarding a debt made up solely of banks own charges?

That's what I thought but they have he tried to open a Student Account with the Coop but again they can't due to a marker on his file. I did ask NatWest to remove but they refused 110%

So why did they even let it go over by 0.58 ?

If this wasn't a nice little money spinner for them, I cant think what is !

I asked them how he went O/D on his account,there reply was it takes days for a debit to come of his card. My own bank takes payment as soon as made (Coop)

Well escalate to the CEOs office. If you need help then let us know.

I asked them how he went O/D on his account,there reply was it takes days for a debit to come of his card. My own bank takes payment as soon as made (Coop)

Well both are correct. The funds are earmarked from the Available Balance, but the Retailer takes the funds within 3 days normally but sometimes longer.

What transaction took him over?

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

That's what I thought but they have he tried to open a Student Account with the Coop but again they can't due to a marker on his file. I did ask NatWest to remove but they refused 110%

Well your complaint should follow as below...

1: The account was one where no overdraft facility was provided as it was a child's account - so how was it allowed to go into O/D. You could explain here about the delay in taking Debit card payments.

2: No statements or emails, which the bank claim to have sent, were received - one or two might go missing, but 6 month's worth ?

3: The first you discover there was a problem was when trying to open a Student account.

4: They are prepared to ruin a young man's financial future for £0.58 (because anything added on was purely a money making machine for the bank)

BCOBS

Well your complaint should follow as below...

1: The account was one where no overdraft facility was provided as it was a child's account - so how was it allowed to go into O/D. You could explain here about the delay in taking Debit card payments.

2: No statements or emails, which the bank claim to have sent, were received - one or two might go missing, but 6 month's worth ?

3: The first you discover there was a problem was when trying to open a Student account.

4: They are prepared to ruin a young man's financial future for £0.58 (because anything added on was purely a money making machine for the bank)

Thanks I will try that your right he will have bad credit for 6 years. Worse still a student with no O/D learning and living in London not good

Thank you for your advice

:thumb:

Please do let us know how you get on.

BCOBS

Any current account (even a basic account) can go overdrawn.

There are 2 types of overdraft an arranged overdraft and an unarranged overdraft.

Basic accounts tend not to come with arranged overdrafts but can definitely go into unarranged overdrafts.

With basic accounts they are less likely to accept a payment which would take you into an unarranged overdraft. Although, sometimes the bank doesn't get the opportunity to stop and decline card payments which would take you into an unarranged overdraft because the retailer doesn't check the transaction with the bank before processing it.

Either way an unarranged overdraft of £0.58 would not lead to any charges with Natwest so some info is definitely missing here.

It doesn't technically look like the bank has actually done anything wrong, so if you are to contact/complain to them then keep it polite and try and appeal to their better nature.

Banks and better nature?

This is the UK, where the banks hold customers in contempt, we're nothing but numbers and profit to them, they do nothing for anyone except themselves,

so appealing to their better nature is fruitless, tell, demand, and instruct them to do as you say, otherwise close the account and vote with your feet.

Any current account (even a basic account) can go overdrawn.

There are 2 types of overdraft an arranged overdraft and an unarranged overdraft.

Basic accounts tend not to come with arranged overdrafts but can definitely go into unarranged overdrafts.

With basic accounts they are less likely to accept a payment which would take you into an unarranged overdraft. Although, sometimes the bank doesn't get the opportunity to stop and decline card payments which would take you into an unarranged overdraft because the retailer doesn't check the transaction with the bank before processing it.

Either way an unarranged overdraft of £0.58 would not lead to any charges with Natwest so some info is definitely missing here.

It doesn't technically look like the bank has actually done anything wrong, so if you are to contact/complain to them then keep it polite and try and appeal to their better nature.

I can assure you nothing is missing,I saw the screen in the Bank showing he was £0.58 OD next transaction was the first of £6.00 Daily charge and so on. No withdrawals made just charges applied from end of April 15 to our contact in August 15 when we wanted a Student Account

Banks and better nature?

This is the UK, where the banks hold customers in contempt, we're nothing but numbers and profit to them, they do nothing for anyone except themselves,

so appealing to their better nature is fruitless, tell, demand, and instruct them to do as you say, otherwise close the account and vote with your feet.

We have opened a new account at another Bank BUT he can't get a Student Account with an Overdraft because they have BLACK Marked his Credit File