I had to shake my head

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3147 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After reading from the faily mail today and reading that TV fees could be linked to the value of the property, this has got to be a joke surely? Here is a quote

"Will new TV licence fee be linked to the value of your house? Minister suggests levy could be paid along with council tax

o TV licence fee could be linked to value of person's house under new plans

o Culture Secretary John Whittingdale said levy may be paid with council tax

o At the moment everyone pays the same for TV licence - £145.50 a year

o But new proposal would see rich expected to contribute more than poor"

What am I going on about you may say so have a read here http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3228682/Minister-suggests-TV-licence-fee-levy-paid-council-tax.html

Edited by citizenB

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

How silly ! Think BBC should sell advertising and just get a state broadcaster amount from the government from general taxes. I would get rid of the TV licence.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

it'd never become law. You'd have half the country refusing to pay council tax

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

The other option is to apply a levy against sales of TV's, computers, mobile phones etc that can receive live broadcasts. I should imagine that retailers will sell millions of such items every year, so if they applied say £10 levy, it would raise a huge amount of money.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The other option is to apply a levy against sales of TV's, computers, mobile phones etc that can receive live broadcasts. I should imagine that retailers will sell millions of such items every year, so if they applied say £10 levy, it would raise a huge amount of money.

The figures don't work Unclebulgaria

as apposed to a pretty much guaranteed 25,000,000+ * £145,

they would need in the order of 375 Million £10 sales tax collections

or around 15 * £10 taxable items per year per household.

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

10 years to save the Vest

After Truss lost the shirt off the UKs back in 49 days

After reading from the faily mail today and reading that TV fees could be linked to the value of the property, this has got to be a joke surely? Here is a quote

What am I going on about you may say so have a read here http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3228682/Minister-suggests-TV-licence-fee-levy-paid-council-tax.html

Well hopefully that's where Jeremy C now voted leader of the Labour Party, can start standing up for consumer rights, basically the people don't want to be fleeced. We don't get 10% wage increases and a couple of mil are unemployed.