Minerva Security Limited, Whitehall Square Appts, Belfast

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3147 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I was clamped and the guy was still there doing it when I returned to the car.

He extracted £120 from me for 2 minutes work.

I'm an apartment owner and paid 10K for my space and have the deeds

. I took them to small claims.

They didn't turn up and the judge awarded me £120 + costs.

They then successfully applied for it to be set aside

now I've been told it's on the Civil Bill List next month and it could cost me money.

As far as I'm concerned I'll go to the House of Lords if I have to but would welcome your input.

When they do turn up at court you can argue that the judgement should stand as they had no real reason for not attending last time (obviously they gave a reason but did you try and prevent their set-aside?) so you will be able to point out that the space is yours, their action illegal as fraud by misrepresentation. You will get 2 lots of costs as well, if they dont pay up sharpish get a High Court enforcement order in place to have their kit siezed. That would be good, seeing a clamp on their van.

when were you told of their set aside application? In England it used to be that you could turn up and object to it but often this would be at the same time as the next step of the proceedings anyway. I cant see you losing your claim and getting costs which is why i suggest that when you do win you ask for payment within 7 days to be ordered and then if they dont pay up in time apply for High Court order and get the bailiffs in. They love commercial debts as they have right of entry to business premises and as said, the thought of their vans being clamped is somewhat poetic.

Hi. I received the notice of set aside application 2 days before it was heard. I phoned and said it was too short notice, then was told I didn't need to attend. However I insisted on writing a letter to the judge which I confirmed was given to him. My letter said that he should deny the set aside appeal because their story that they were in the Court and didn't hear the clerk calling them 3 times wasn't credible. Frankly was amazed at the turn of events. I await a written explanation from the magistrate. Thanks for the tip on 7 days. I intend to apply for expenses and loss of earnings at the re hearing.