Faulty DVD installation advice

gareth19
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3149 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, I used this forum a few years back and it helped me greatly so hopefully I can get good advice on where I go with this problem.

Basically I employed a car electronic/audio firm to fit a rear headrest DVD system into my car for the kids. This was back in May. Whilst the system worked lovely and I had no issues with it, it did however play havoc with my car's electronics. Within minutes of me driving off I had a tyre pressure system warning on the dash (which remained on) The reversing camera and the keyless door entry systems worked intermittently and the FM reception was poor.

I messaged the guy a few times asking if anything he did could be contributing to these faults and his replies were basically to disable the tyre pressure system. I took it to the dealer and after plenty of visits and investigations they found the following :

"disconnected DVD system. Found live wire wrapped around a fuse and pushed into fuse board for boot release. System earth wire was wrapped around a bolt. Advise wiring to be fitted correctly from a direct power supply".

Basically the installation wasn't good by the sounds of it and it was interfering with my car's electronic systems. Anyway now they have left the DVD system disconnected and my car is all working perfectly again. Now however I am left with a system that I paid for not even connected.

I paid for the DVD system by credit card but I am not sure what the score is here. Technically the DVD system worked ok and was not faulty. It was the installation that wrecked my car so are they still jointly liable or not? I am over £1000 out of pocket. Can anyone advise me on what I do and who is best to claim from. As I say it is not quite as cut and dry than if the system itself was faulty.

Hi

As you used a firm to do the job, any complaint would need to go to them.

Are you able to get a written confirmation of the issues found.

Do you have copies of the messages sent and received?

I am not sure whether you will be able to get much money (if any ) back. Others can assist there.

What I would be demanding is that the original firm restore the system to how it should have been done in the first place.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

So they simply Gerry rigged the power feed and that was putting pulses around the electrics because of poor contact.

All the system needs is a proper power feed

Should be simple for anyone with half a Brain

That installation company want shooting

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...