O2 iPhone 5c Screen Issue

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2072 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I wonder if anyone can offer some advice. We got our son an iPhone 5C the Christmas before last. It's on a 24 month O2 contract, which expires in December 2015. Last week the touch screen stopped responding. The phone switches on and powers up just that the touch screen doesnt respond to any touched or swipes. From a visual inspection the screen and device is undamaged, no cracks, chips or the like. No water damage (never been exposed to water). Took it into the shop it was purchased from and they sent it off for repair. Yesterday I received a tect to say the repair wasnt covered by them and to phone for a repair quote. On phoning the cost of repair is £180 as they say it is pressure damage. Although outside of the manufacturers warranty I was hoping it may have been covered under the EC directive about purchases within 2 years.Putting aside the fact I wont be paying £180 to pay to fix a phone, is it worthwhile/possible to try and pursue this further under the above directive or any other Act? Or would I just be wasting my time. Any advice would be appreciated.Thanks

There is always some excuse from them of either water damage or pressure damage neither of which they ever send any proof. They remind me of the car warranty companies who always come back with 'wear and tear'.

Your option is to take it to a reliable independent repairer and get it checked there. If they give you a report that it is so and so, you can send a copy of that report back to them with a bill for what the report cost and tell them to repair it and reimburse the cost of the report.

Although not as simple as saying you are covered, the sale of goods act last for six years from the date of purchase.

have you tried going to apple about it.

If you book into an apple store, even though you got the phone with O2, they check it for water damage, and replace it on the spot with a reconditioned unit I believe.

Thats what happeded last time I had an issue with an iphone. not sure if the policy has changed

apple warranty is usually 12 months.

even if not covered, apple are cheaper

creen Damage

Accidents happen. Sometimes a screen can get cracked or shattered. We’re here to help.

Request iPhone service

You can mail us your iPhone, make an appointment with a Genius at an Apple Retail Store, or click or tap below to start a service request and see more service options.

How long will it take?

Service at an Apple Retail Store is normally completed on the day of your appointment. If you send in your iPhone for service, you’ll receive a replacement or your repaired iPhone in approximately one week. A replacement iPhone will be new or equivalent to new in both performance and reliability.

How much does iPhone screen repair cost?

Repair and replacement costs depend on your iPhone model and your AppleCare product coverage.

When you request screen repair online or by phone, Apple will place an authorization on your credit card to cover the iPhone out-of-warranty cost. We’ll charge this amount if your iPhone has additional damage and is eligible for out-of-warranty service. If your iPhone has no damage other than the screen, we’ll charge the amount below. Learn more.

iPhone 6s Plus: £126.44

iPhone 6s, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5: £106.44

iPhone 6: £86.44

Fees are in British pounds sterling and include VAT and a £7.44 shipping fee. Pricing applies only to screen repair by Apple. Accidental damage isn’t covered under the Apple One Year Limited Warranty.

from https://www.apple.com/uk/support/iphone/repair/screen-damage/