BankFodder BankFodder

Teddybear154

Bought a road bike off ebay not as described sell wont refund money advice needed?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1620 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I wonder if any one can help me I recently purchased a nearly new Giant road bike off ebay. It was advertised as in very good condition. They did not mention any thing about any problems with bike. I paid by paypal using money already in in my PayPal account.

Bike was shipped to me already built sent by specialit courier. When recieved bike it was not as described. Brakes dont work gears don't change properly, parts of gear system are bent and back wheel is bent.

I contacted seller to complain and there reply was these problems where not present when tested bike before sending. They refused point blank to take bike back or refund my money.

I contacted ebay and paypal and opened a duspute but despite providing proof they saw in sellers favor. Ebay wont tell me why and are refusing to look in to it any more.

Is there any way to get my money back.

I have copies of payment I made to seller, I have photos of problems with bike and have taken to my local bike shop and have a report from them.

Report lists all problems.

Brake Cables need replacing, wheel needs fixing or replacing and gear system needs fixing.

I have been quoted £150-£200 to repair. This is including labour.

Could I take seller to small claims court to claim costs of getting bike repaired or to get a refund for bike. And If I did would I have enough evidence to back up my claim. Would I have a good case

Any advice would be much appreciated,

Thanks in advance