Car hire dispute

fedupofit
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3145 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My vehicle was involved in an accident with public transport

the incident was settled but Stagecoach are disputing payment for the hire vehicle,

which the insurance company Direct Accident Management let me keep for three weeks after the settlement.

Now it is going to court and I've been told I've got to attend.

The solicitors Armstrong have a statement and told me hopefully it will be settled before the court date and therefore I would not have to attend

. I have received another letter telling me when I'll be collected, the date and time.

I am assured that I will not be charged for the time I had the hire car so do I have to attend because as far as I concerned my part in the case was settled.

I have requested documents in my file but the request was ignored

I dont even know what the case involves, or if documents exist.

As it apparently went to court in February which I know nothing about.

Hm, reading it a couple of times, if the insurance company gave you permission to continue use, then it surely is up to them to pay the hire charge. Do you have that in writing ?

Is this solicitor quoted above working for you or the opposition? I would never trust an apponent in a court case to give me advice .

which the insurance company Direct Accident Management

Direct Accident Management seem to be a claims company, not insurance? did you go with them separately from your insurer?

feduprofit: I think you need to explain your problem a lot better so that you can get help...

as an initial guess

main claim settled re the insurers.

claims co got involved re car hire, stagecoach insurers disputing this?

as above my car was hit bu the bus comany when parked outside of the house

a local garage reccomended a claims company called direct accident management

they have been dealing with the claim. they havent, from my view handled it very well. in december of 2014 the bus comany settled the claim and my cheque was cashed.

direct accident management then left the car parked outside of my house for a furthar two weeks when i didnt use it.

direct accident management then made a claim to the bus comany for the car hire. they instructed the solicitor not me, but they refer to the soliciotrs as my solicitor in correspondence

now its going to court and they are telling me that i will be liable for all costs if the bus comapny refuse to pay out.

ive jumped thru all hoops with this company which include having to send oput bank statements from months before and after the accident.

a request was made to the solicitor over the phone for all documents from both the solicitor and the accident claim company regarding this...i then followed up with a email which has been ignored.

they are now trying to make me attend court sending a driver to the house etc which i am not willing to do

the stress and anxietry with all of this is thru the roof and i plan to see a doctor in order to not attend court....i am just not up to it

can anyone advise as to what may happen? valentina slater has responded to my claim, the company director and apparent sales manager defending her company and my complaints

i just dont know what to do i dont want to be left liable for all the costs!