NB733 v HSBC

NB733

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5476 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Just a little bit of advice needed for peace of mind. HSBC have until the 16th to enter a defense, but what happens from there? Providing they do not enter a defense, will the court write to me to inform me i have won my claim, or do i have to contact the court to request a judgement? Following this stage, what do i have to do to recover my money, or will it be issued automatically by DG solicitors or the bank?

Like most people i am waiting for the post to arrive on a daily basis and praying for a full settlement offer, and i hope HSBC do not let it go the full distance as the claim is for £4500!! Xmas approaching and zero funds available.....

Good luck to everyone else doing this, it can get a bit stressful but stick with it. Great advice always available from people who have gone through it.

Hi All,

Just a little bit of advice needed for peace of mind. HSBC have until the 16th to enter a defense, but what happens from there? Providing they do not enter a defense, will the court write to me to inform me i have won my claim, or do i have to contact the court to request a judgement? Following this stage, what do i have to do to recover my money, or will it be issued automatically by DG solicitors or the bank?

Like most people i am waiting for the post to arrive on a daily basis and praying for a full settlement offer, and i hope HSBC do not let it go the full distance as the claim is for £4500!! Xmas approaching and zero funds available.....

Good luck to everyone else doing this, it can get a bit stressful but stick with it. Great advice always available from people who have gone through it.

If they dont enter a defence then you have to ask for judgement. If tehy do enter a defence then you will recieve a copy of their defence and then an allocation questionaire. Complete this and send it back to the court, there may be a charge of £100 depending on how much your claim is.

I am not a legal expert my advice is given without prejudice and is purely my opinion only. If you are in doubt please seek professional advice.

Thanks livelylad,

I don't suppose you have an idea about the 2nd part of my question? To actually get the money off them do i need to pester them for a cheque or is it generally transferred direct to bank accounts and how long does this normally take HSBC to comply??

Cheers

Thanks livelylad,

I don't suppose you have an idea about the 2nd part of my question? To actually get the money off them do i need to pester them for a cheque or is it generally transferred direct to bank accounts and how long does this normally take HSBC to comply??

Cheers

Hi I really depends on the bank i got a cheque from RBS and others get the cash paid into their account. Check HSBC thread to find out what is the "Norm" I can give you a time scale for them to comply as each case is different. Sorry.

I am not a legal expert my advice is given without prejudice and is purely my opinion only. If you are in doubt please seek professional advice.

Hi again,

Got a letter from DG this morning "without prejudice" asking for a breakdown of my claim. What is the procedure here, do i fax a copy to them, or post one? I have seen threads mentioning this type of letter, does it indicate a willingness to pay up?

pls advise, thank you

Hiya

Looks like you're at the same stage as me. I just posted my breakdown this morning- recorded delivery. I'm not sure what to do next, as their 28 days is up. I think I need to do a judgment now, but am waiting for advice!

I don't think it's a willingness to pay up, just one of their stalling tactics.

Keep going and keep us posted as to what happens!

Im going to post mine 1st thing monday morning. This looks like the crunch point for a lot of people, and i would hope if you get this far you would be prepared to go all the way and follow through with your claim.

Thanks

Ocourse! I've been on this mission for months I'm not giving up at the last stage! I'm claiming just under £4K and I've got bills seriously piling up that need sorting soon!

Many others seem to have been offered the full amount after sending the breakdown to DG....so here's hoping!

I guess its back to waiting for postey each morning!

Hi!!!

Result...........almost. Full claim is for £4682, got a letter this morning offering £4479. I have spoken to Kate Eaves @ DG Solicitors, who is one of many who have been assigned to this process at DG. I explained that i would not accept anything less than the full amount. She seemed very nice and had a decent conversation about my claim and told her i will be rejecting it. Today is the 28th day they have to enter a defence, so i will now ring the County Court and find out my options. If anyone can offer any advice from this point it would be nice. The end is almost in sight!!

Hi!!!

Result...........almost. Full claim is for £4682, got a letter this morning offering £4479. I have spoken to Kate Eaves @ DG Solicitors, who is one of many who have been assigned to this process at DG. I explained that i would not accept anything less than the full amount. She seemed very nice and had a decent conversation about my claim and told her i will be rejecting it. Today is the 28th day they have to enter a defence, so i will now ring the County Court and find out my options. If anyone can offer any advice from this point it would be nice. The end is almost in sight!!

If you've done this online (MCOL) and today is the 28th day and they haven't entered a defence then I think you can just press the 'judgement' button.

HSBC Prelim letter sent - 04.10.2006 - £1,740

HSBC LBA Sent - 23.10.2006

HSBC MCOL submitted - 08.11.2006

HSBC Breakdown sent to DG - 10.12.2006

A&L Credit Card S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Sent - 23.10.2006

A&L Credit Card Prelim letter sent - 10.12.2006 - £1,697.90

Hi NB733

Well done! - at least you're getting somewhere. I still haven't had a response from DG since sending my breakdown. I also tried doing the judgement on line and it seems it's 28 days since the acknowledgment, not receipt, that they have - so I have to wait until 22nd anway!!

I am now avidly following your thread as nobody seems to want to answer my questions!

Good luck!

Hi fi30,

Thanks for the support buddy! I sent the rejection letter back today recorded del. and also asked for a further £365 in charges to be paid as well. I stated i would not delay in requesting a judgment and explained earlier that i was ringing to give them a chance to re-adjust their settlement letter to the full amount before i went down the judgment route. What stage are you at exactly? I have been fairly relaxed about this all the way through, but am getting a bit frustrated that i am soooo close now! I want the dough!!

btw what questions have not been answered for you?

My questions have now been answered! I wasn't sure on the judgement day, but now I know what I'm doing. Lateralus was very sweet and wrote me a full and detailed reply - bless! I'm waiting on the postman for an offer. If nothing, judgment day is Wednesday. HSBC is also stressing me as I am over my od limit, and as I'm a mature student with a child I'm not in a position to pay it off yet! (until they give me my money back!)

Can I just ask you, above you say you asked for further charges to be settled, I assume that's charges incurred since you filed mcol? - didn't know we could do that, think I'll get adding up again!

Hey NB733!!!

check out my thread! I got a full offer! Keep going, I'm sure yours won't be far off! I'm supposed to be studying today - dissertation to write, but methinks I'll find it hard to concentrate - maybe I'll do some xmas shopping instead?!!

I'm still going to try for the newer charges, then close the account (as I have a nice student one with Natwest who dont charge me for going over...that is till I graduate, then they'll prob whack on the charges!)

Good luck, keep me posted as I'll still be around!

F

Congratulations fi30!!

Im looking forward to that letter thumping on the doormat....

The £365 charges extra were since i started my claim from the initial letter in Sept. If they dont pay them i will be doing another claim. I also have an issue with GE money for a store card i stupidly got. I think that is for another couple of hundred. Ive quite enjoyed the process overall, i haven't been working for a little while and this has kept me busy!

Good luck with the dissertation, or shopping!! Either way, have a good xmas!

• 3 weeks later...

Just had a call from Kate Eaves at DG. They are instructing their client to pay in full including the extra £365 incurred since my first letter!! Total now £4981!! Happy xmas to me....in 7 to 10 days at least. I told her i was not willing to extend deadline of 11th december and if the money was not in my account i would still go ahead with the AQ. She got a bit shirty and ended the call. If anyone needs her direct line it is 0121 4552196.

Donation on its way as soon as moneies received. Good luck to everyone else.