Gdr trace -letter received

Pootz
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2940 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I came home to a letter from GDR trace and like an idiot I phoned them.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I got a bit worried so I called Step Change who have helped me in the past

They explained to me that my debt may be written off as it's over 6 years old (statute barred) and that if no contact has been made and I haven't agreed that the debt is mine then it's up to the collection agency to prove it's not written off

they then sent me a letter (by email ) to print off and post to GDR trace outlining this and that no action can be taken

If anyone would like a copy of this letter please feel free to contact me with your email address and I will gladly pass it on

Oh i see, well thatll be a toughie on your phone as youll be using the mobile version of the site.

Just type out what they have sent you.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Ok cheers

The letter is as follows. ..I hope it can help someone

Creditor name and address:

Account/Agreement No:

Your name and address:

Date:

Dear Sirs

Statute barred debt

I don’t admit liability for this debt. The last payment to this debt was made over 6 years ago and since then I have not acknowledged this debt or made any further payment to it.

As this debt is statute barred, you cannot take court action unless you can provide evidence of payment or written contact from me within this period. This is stated in s5 Limitation Act 1980, and any court claim will be defended on this basis.

If you have evidence that this debt isn’t statute barred then please send it to me within 21 days.

The Financial Conduct Authority state in CONC 7.15 that a firm must not attempt to recover a statute barred debt where they haven’t been in contact with the customer during the relevant period. And that a firm must stop demanding payments to a statute barred debt where the customer has stated they won’t be paying it.

Please confirm in writing that you won’t pursue me further for this debt.

Yours faithfully

Your name

It has compressed the letter when I pasted it into the thread so it would need arranging properly before sending

Simplify it if you feel you have to reply.

Dear Sir etc

I do not acknowledge any debt to your client/company.

None withstanding, the account you mention is Statute Barred. No further communications shall be entered into and any legal action shall be defended vigorously

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

we already have suitable letter in the members library

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

we already have suitable letter in the members library

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387368-Letter-to-be-sent-when-debt-is-Statute-Barred-**Update-21st-April-2014**

This has all the information required to send in respect of a Statute Barred debt and I do wish StepChange would cease giving out incorrect information - it has nothing to do with lack of contact for the limitation period - a debt becomes statute barred when no admission of liability (in writing) or payment has been made by the "debtor" during that time.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 6 months later...

Hello i too have received a letter from GDR Trace today, apart from one thing i can think of everything else is between 9 and 20 yrs old... i havn't contacted them yet to find out what they want......... i followed your thread and registered on this site, i would like a copy of your letter, as standby just in case they are tring to recover one of the older debts...... thank you.

best start a new thread

of your own.

I wouldn't be sending anything pers

its simply a phishing letter

hoping to spoof you.

DCA's ARE NOT BAILIFFS

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...