UKPC PCN- 'Vehicle owner/driver left the site'

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3122 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi. I am very new to all this so I hope I manage the posting process properly. Apologies if not.

I couldn't find a thread that followed my variation of this matter so again, apologies if I'm asking Q's that have already been answered.

The story thus far:

A young relative of mine has use of a car that I am registered keeper of.

He picked up a UKPC ticket on 23 June 2015 in a retail park in Leeds, their contention being 'Vehicle owner/driver left the site'.

I have so far received 3 letters:

23 July 05-Initial notice to keeper. £100 (up from £65)

7 Aug 05-Final reminder. £100

25 Aug-Debt Recovery Plus. £160

I am expecting more as I'm afraid due to holiday, work & a bit of a 'head in the sand' approach, I have ignored them all.

I have checked the available photographic evidence on the UKPC website and can see several pictures of the car with the ticket stuck to windscreen and of the info sign but none that show the ' Vehicle owner/driver left the site'.

There is also no mention of CCTV evidence on the letters or that I can see on the website.

Should I engage with this process and ask to see their proof, wait for the court summons or carrying on ignoring them?

Any advice/experience would gratefully received.

Thank you in advance for your time and expertise.

I would get in there now and challenge them. If all they have is pictures of a car in a carpark what good is that. Isn't it defamation to accuse someone of something without proof and communicate it to another.

Hi and welcome to CAG.

As this is now with DR+ (the parking companies pet debt collector) you are out of time to appeal however DR+ can do nothing to you except send their oh so scary letters before returning it to UKPC.

The only thing you can do now is sit on your hands until UKPC issue a Letter Before Court Action (or a variation of words) I feel that UKPC would be silly to taje that route at them moment as their practices are being highlighted in the news and on the Parking Pranksters site.

If it went to court, they would have to supply evidence that he did actually leave the site as if it became a he said/she said case the judge would have to balance the probabilities before making a judgement.

Also, if you were to collect the evidence of UKPCs wardens regarding fake tickets and present them to the judge, I feel that he would come down on your side.

having typed all that out, I still don't feel they would go to court (may be wrong though)

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

As you are this far down the line, then ignore DR+ and zenith as debt collectors have no power to do anything.

Update when/if you get something from UKPC.

Have a read of VCS vs Ibbotson as well...

As far as I am aware, you have no obligations to name the driver.

If you were not driving, how could you enter into a contract.

Handy if you can provide proof that you were elsewhere at the time of the ticket being issued :)

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

They're being investigated right now!

Should be just as good as the DJ's response to Parking lie's practices.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lincolnshire-34172701

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Many thanks to all who have so far responded to my thread.

It would seem that calling their bluff and ignoring the threat of debt collectors, court etc is the thrust of forum advice.

I have to say it chimes with my gut feeling on the matter, with the evidence UKPC seem to have...or don't have!

Will post any further developments.

Once again thanks to you all.

Many thanks to all who have so far responded to my thread.

It would seem that calling their bluff and ignoring the threat of debt collectors, court etc is the thrust of forum advice.

I have to say it chimes with my gut feeling on the matter, with the evidence UKPC seem to have...or don't have!

Will post any further developments.

Once again thanks to you all.

The advice would have been different if you had come here after the NTD or NTK stage...

Remember that Debt Collectors are powerless and can do nothing but threaten and bluster. Never call them and if they should be stupid enough to call you or turn up on your doorstep simply refuse to identify yourself or answer any 'security' questions and say nothing else apart from 'go away' before you shut the door or hang up on them.

We give this advice because of the stage in the proceedings that have been reached and the laughable claim for breach that will never win them a penny in court. Our general advice is to use the law to beat them and cost them money whilst doing so without having to defend at court by entering into the appeals process and making them trip thmeselves up.