• Tweets

• Jeff believes, like fish, chips and mushy peas, they are an integral part of this country's DNA. While Rachel argues that her 'free' account is being paid for by someone else. View the full article
    • https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8900129/Boris-Johnson-facing-Tory-revolt-new-lockdown-Furious-MPs-lead-backlash.html
    • I'm very sorry but this is very scant information and it certainly doesn't lay out the story in the way that I asked. Also there is absolutely no reason why you shouldn't identify the courier. as long as you are straight dealing and honest then it is better to bring things out in the open. we don't play secret squirrel here or get into any skulduggery. we are very pleased to help you and support you but you will have to lay things out in the open so can we can fully understand and provide us with the information that we have asked for  
    • Thank you BankFodder for the feedback and learning; here is the chronology which encapsulates the 'story'.  All parcels listed below were never delivered (for no apparent reason - the reason stated on the messages I received was that 'customer has no knowledge of purchases' ) by the courier who I'm cautious not to name in case there are legal implications for me personally. This matter is now in the Court system. I would be grateful if you could please confirm that you have seen the defence. Chronology Retailer Date goods ordered Date goods collected from retailer & promised for delivery by xxxxxx Comments / Breach of contract Holland & Barrett 23/09/2019 27/09/2019 Parcels not delivered – returned to H&B Debenhams 27/09/19 07/10/2019 Parcels not delivered - returned to Debenhams Holland & Barrett (re-order) 01/10/2019 07/10/2019 Parcels not delivered – returned to H&B Debenhams 29/09/2019 01/10/2019 Parcel not delivered - returned to Debenhams Debenhams 29/09/2019 01/10/2019 Parcel not delivered - returned to Debenhams Debenhams (re-order) 01/10/2019 07/10/2019 Parcel not delivered - returned to Debenhams
    • If you want to save us all a lot of time, you can tell us the whole story in a chronology without too much narrative including who you are dealing with. We really can't say if you have missed a trick until you lay it all out.   In terms of not wanting to bother us, - very noble, but it is less of a bother if you come to us first so that we can help you to get it right first go  
  • Our picks

• Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies
    • Oven repair. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/427690-oven-repair/&do=findComment&comment=5073391
      • 49 replies
    • I came across this discussion recently and just wanted to give my experience of A Shade Greener that may help others regarding their boiler finance agreement.

We had a 10yr  finance contract for a boiler fitted July 2015.

After a summer of discontent with ASG I discovered that if you have paid HALF the agreement or more you can legally return the boiler to them at no cost to yourself. I've just returned mine the feeling is liberating.

It all started mid summer during lockdown when they refused to service our boiler because we didn't have a loft ladder or flooring installed despite the fact AS installed the boiler. and had previosuly serviced it without issue for 4yrs. After consulting with an independent installer I was informed that if this was the case then ASG had breached building regulations,  this was duly reported to Gas Safe to investigate and even then ASG refused to accept blame and repeatedly said it was my problem. Anyway Gas Safe found them in breach of building regs and a compromise was reached.

A month later and ASG attended to service our boiler but in the process left the boiler unusuable as it kept losing pressure not to mention they had damaged the filling loop in the process which they said was my responsibilty not theres and would charge me to repair, so generous of them! Soon after reporting the fault I got a letter stating it was time we arranged a powerflush on our heating system which they make you do after 5 years even though there's nothing in the contract that states this. Coincidence?

After a few heated exchanges with ASG (pardon the pun) I decided to pull the plug and cancel our agreement.

The boiler was removed and replaced by a reputable installer,  and the old boiler was returned to ASG thus ending our contract with them. What's mad is I saved in excess of £1000 in the long run and got a new boiler with a brand new 12yr warranty. 

You only have to look at TrustPilot to get an idea of what this company is like.

• Thanks
      • 3 replies
    • Dazza a few months ago I discovered a good friend of mine who had ten debts with cards and catalogues which he was slavishly paying off at detriment to his own family quality of life, and I mean hardship, not just absence of second holidays or flat screen TV's.

I wrote to all his creditors asking for supporting documents and not one could provide any material that would allow them to enforce the debt.

As a result he stopped paying and they have been unable to do anything, one even admitted it was unenforceable.

If circumstances have got to the point where you are finding it unmanageable you must ask yourself why you feel the need to pay.  I guarantee you that these companies have built bad debt into their business model and no one over there is losing any sleep over your debt to them!  They will see you as a victim and cash cow and they will be reluctant to discuss final offers, only ways to keep you paying with threats of court action or seizing your assets if you have any.

They are not your friends and you owe them no loyalty or moral duty, that must remain only for yourself and your family.

If it was me I would send them all a CCA request.   I would bet that not one will provide the correct response and you can quite legally stop paying them until such time as they do provide a response.   Even when they do you should check back here as they mostly send dodgy photo copies or generic rubbish that has no connection with your supposed debt.

The money you are paying them should, as far as you are able, be put to a savings account for yourself and as a means of paying of one of these fleecers should they ever manage to get to to the point of a successful court judgement.  After six years they will not be able to start court action and that money will then become yours.

They will of course pursue you for the funds and pass your file around various departments of their business and out to third parties.

Your response is that you should treat it as a hobby.  I have numerous files of correspondence each faithfully organised showing the various letters from different DCA;s , solicitors etc with a mix of threats, inducements and offers.   It is like my stamp collection and I show it to anyone who is interested!
        • Thanks

Erudio have sent default notice and debt collector at the door!

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1878 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

I have been eligible to defer my student loans since forever.

I went on maternity leave march 2014 around the same time as Erudio started sending me deferal forms.

Due to having a new baby and zero sleep I struggled to understand what was happening but didn't send the forms back.

I was also made redundant a few months later.

I told them verbally and by email that I had been made redundant.

Fast forward to now,

I'm a full time mum and my income is zero.

I've sent them a letter from my previous employer which confirms redundancy and my final salary which was below the threshold.

They have now sent a default letter

I'm pretty certain a debt collector rang the doorbell last night at 10pm and today at 8pm!

Help! What do I do?

Erudio don't do door stepping

and even if they did

like all doorsteppers or DCA's

THEY ARE NOT BAILIFFS

and have

NO SUCH LEGAL POWERS.

if you have deferred successfully for numerous years

I'd be inclined to simply fill in a copy of the old SLC form

and send that in.

just remember that Erudio is Arrow Global, the are a DCA.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Their email...

"Thank you for your email.

In regards to your query, we sent you a ''Notice of Default'' letter on 30/07/2015 and there was no response from yourself as a result of the serious arrears that have accrued, the account has been terminated and the full balance of the loan is required to be paid.

Your account is in the process of being passed to a Debt Collection Agency, who will become your main day to day contact. They will be able to set up a formal payment arrangement with you. This process can take 4-6 weeks. If you would like to reduce your balance in the interim you can make a one off payment with us."

Edited by desperatelyseekinghelp

so...you forgot to defer.

no big deal.

all they have done is what any creditor would do

they think you should repay now

because you didn't defer.

I'd simply send them a filed in copy of theold slc deferment form[we have it here]

or the most recent one from rodeo...[remember their forms have now been changed

to not compel you to answer unnecessary and intrusive questions.]

not a lot they can do really.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

But can they register the default on my credit file?

Yes they can

Have you lots of late payment fees?

You can reclaim them

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

In regards to your query, we sent you a ''Notice of Default'' letter on 30/07/2015 and there was no response from yourself as a result of the serious arrears that have accrued, the account has been terminated and the full balance of the loan is required to be paid.

If they have done that, then you no longer have any legal right to defer I'm afraid.

IMHO you should not be penalised for 'missing' deferral you wee quite entitled to do.

if this were the SLC still they'd accept it

just because its a fleecing DCA under a diff name,

its unfair that they wont.

dx

and they

pers I don't think your redundancy is nowt to do with it

your main issue is you simply forgot to defer due to the new born.

if/if not you were made redundant or earning or not

you were still under the threshold whichever way you switch it out

dx

and they

Completely irrelevant that you were under the threshold. It was your responsibility to defer in line with the T&Cs, and quite simply you did not.

If you don't bother or remember or some life event gets in the way that doesn't matter.

The loan has been called in in full as they are entitled to do.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1998/211/made

15. If the borrower does not make a repayment under the agreement when it is due, the lender may ask him to repay the loan in full immediately. The lender may do this even if the borrower’s obligation to make other repayments is currently deferred.

I appreciate and applaud that dx100uk is trying to sugar coat this or find a way out, but SLC used to do exactly the same thing in some cases. Not all, but once they defaulted and enacted that clause 15, that was it. No going back.

By all means complain and go to the FOS, but you will get exactly no-where. Give it a go though as I would not be more pleased to be proved wrong on that.

Assuming you are stuck with the whole thing being due and payable now, then you will need to decide what to do.

There are no credible account of Erudio going to court in cases like yours yet, so it's quite possible they will do the bottom feeding DCA things and threat but do nothing. However, you should start to think about what you would do if they should.

• Haha 1