Parking Charge - MET Parking

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2963 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Post #33

Did you actually include the above?

The adjudication seems to referring to you as the driver...

Yes - I think I included in my 'additional comments' after I'd received MET's evidence back - and again in the post-beavis additional comments.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes - I think I included in my 'additional comments' after I'd received MET's evidence back - and again in the post-beavis additional comments.

Well you did or you didn't?

The adjudication suggests you didn't.

But 'new' POPLA , and newbie assessors do not seem too well versed in the POFA, or have been told to favour the PPC.:jaw: You options are to complain to the lead adjudicator and IPSA*, or ignore the debt collector letters you will receive. ( You do not ignore an LBA or real court papers. )

*I'm not convinced you have appealled as the RK without revealing the drivers identity, rereading the thread. You can of course prove that wrong.

The 'Yes I think...' was in relation to 'I think I put it in the additional comments box' rather than 'I think I mentioned it' - I know I raised it - twice, and pretty sure I did so without suggesting I was the driver. Doesn't help that POPLA doesn't allow you to see what you've previously entered, but should MET want to take it further, I presume I can SAR POPLA?

POPLA themselves make it quite clear they don't want to challenging their ruling, instead directing you to CAB

You cannot challenge POPLA's decision. However, there are alternative routes to resolve your dispute. You may wish to seek advice from the Citizen's Advice Bureau or seek independent legal advice.

POPLA decisions are binding on the PPC not the victim.

POPLA is funded by the BPA AOS members.

The contract to run the ' Independent' appeals service POPLA, has recently changed hands to a cheaper more PPC friendly contractor.

Personally , going on MET's past history, I would ignore all further correspondence from them or their chosen pet debt collector.

(Do not ignore an LBA or real court papers though.)

Or you could respond to any correspondence by referring them to Arkell vs Pressdram...

http://www.lettersofnote.com/2013/08/arkell-v-pressdram.html

it wasnt mentioned in the determination so it wasnt in your appeal. All this discussion about what is a correct level of charge was dead in the water 6 months ago so unless you can post up the contents of your appeal it looks as though you havent stuck to the bare facts about no liability as not PoFA compliant.

Anyway, as long as you didnt say you were the driver at the time they cant make a claim from you at court and win.