Daughters car insurance

gideonssword

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2276 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The company that insures my daughters car have gone bust.

She has just paid off the last monthly instalment and the company have said they will honour the insurance policy which runs out in December.

My daughters car needs replacing and she is due to get another one this week but on her old car she has a black box fitted with being a new young driver,

In the event that we can't swap it across to the other car could they honour the last few months of insurance without it?

Her old car is completely kapput, so repairing that is not an option,

The company that insures my daughters car have gone bust.

She has just paid off the last monthly instalment and the company have said they will honour the insurance policy which runs out in December.

My daughters car needs replacing and she is due to get another one this week but on her old car she has a black box fitted with being a new young driver,

In the event that we can't swap it across to the other car could they honour the last few months of insurance without it?

Her old car is completely kapput, so repairing that is not an option,

She needs to phone the Insurers customer services to get a change of car quote. If they can do it, it may not be competitive with premiums she can get elsewhere. I suspect the current company will charge admin fees and there will be the hassle of swapping the backbox to the new car. If she does not continue with the current policy, there woukd be cancellation charges, so she also needs to know roughly what this would be, to see if it worth going elsewhere.

She should also look to get other quotes elsewhere to see what is available, so she can make a calculation as to what works out best.

A bit messy ! But armed with 1) change of car quote or 2) cancellation cost and 3) alternative policy quotes, she can come to a decision.

Remember that if she leaves the current insurers before renewal, she would not have obtained a years no claims, if she has not had claims. This also needs to be considered. She could ask the current company if they would issue a full years no claims if she cancelled now, given the fact that them going out if business, is a part factor in making it more complicated

Which company has gone bust ?

Do you know name of actual insurance underwriting company ? Are they still trading using other agencies ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

It might be worth suggesting to the current company that it is a waste of time fitting a black box on the new car your daughter buys. It would be easier for them to cancel the current policy, apply no cancellation costs, issue a full years no claims discount and your daughter will take up a new policy elsewhere.

What is the point swapping the black box to new car for 3 months until renewal in December ? I cannot see the current company wanting to do that, if they cannot continue the policy beyond renewal.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The company is Woop insurance through Collingwood.

Thanks uncle Bulgaria

Not gone bust, but Collingwood not offering renewals. Woop have a new website offering insurance direct to people.

This is up to Collingwood to sort out. Think they should be helpful on the basis i mentioned earlier. I think they will want to cancel anyway, so it is just a case of making sure your daughter does not suffer as a result. I.e no cancellation charges and no claim discount proof for the full year.

Thanks,

They want to charge her £158 to swap black box across even though the premium will not increase

At least dick Turpin wore a mask

Who owns the black box ? I wonder whether it is worth your daughter contacting Woop directly. Can they assist ?

There is no point swapping the box across, if the policy only has 3 months to run.