Help: easyHotel Won't Refund My Money

ajetayo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3147 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi There,

Earlier this year, I made plans to go for a "1 week" executive programme at the London School of Business and Finance.

To support my visa application documents, It's required to make a hotel reservation.

Bearing in mind that my first visa application was refused because the hotel I booked via bookings.com refused to confirm my booking.

I made sure to search for a hotel directly and didn't mind paying for it

(even though UKBA says not to pay for flights and hotels in visa application) as long as it serves my purpose.

After paying for the hotel, I found out that easyhotel Babrican does not have a phone and does not response to emails.

Meanwhile, the booking I made will be used to determine if my visa will be issued,

it means UKBA must be able to reach easyHotel by phone.

Bottomline, I had to cancel after I had made a reservation and paid 396 Pounds and my debit card has been charged.

I was about to cancel when I noticed the clause which was hidden in their TOS,

easyHotel will deduct 10 pounds on cancellation (which was okay) but they will not refund money directly,

they will only give it back as easyhotel credits which are available to use only at any easyhotel.

I felt cheated and I think it's very unfair.

I cancelled the booking just after 3 hours and easyHotel did not refund my money.

Are they right to do this?

My name is Tunde, I'm from Nigeria

simple ans is no they cant do that

can you not do a chargeback on your debit card?

not sure how that works in your country minds..

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

is this a UK bank account and a UK debit card?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

not sure then.

you'd have to ask your bank.

dx

and they

Thanks, the bank finally responded to my email (see below). Practically saying "I'm on my own". What else can I do to get my money back?

Dear Sir,

Thank you for contacting Guaranty Trust Bank, Plc.

We refer to e-mail correspondence from Sancha Sidney and Merchant's terms and conditions in cancellations and ammendments on bookings.

They had stated on their terms and conditions that - "Any credit arising as a result of an amendment or cancellation will be credited to your easyHotel Account minus the Charge(10GBP - cancellation charge)"

Kindly log-on to your easyHotel account so you can verify that the funds have been credited.

If the funds have been credited, this can be used as payment for future easyHotel bookings but must be used within 12 months of the date of the amendment or cancellation to which it relates.

Thank you for banking with us.

Best regards,

You could reply back stating that the clause is unlawful. But if your bank will not support you then you would need to issue a small claims in the county court. But you will need to be able to attend any court hearing.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

yes but it would cost you more than £390 and as it would be a small claims, you are not going to be able to reclaim those costs.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.