Mobile phone taken out in my name

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3148 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

A confusing story to say the least.

I was young and stupid and took out a contract for my ex partner... (obviously he defaulted it) but just before he defaulted it he took another out by ringing 3 customer services and because he was a authorized user he was allowed to get a new contact in MY name.

Now until recently I had no idea about this new contract in his name, amazingly he was able to change the billing address to his own house so i never received any correspondence.

Only now I have checked my credit report I can see this, and he has nicely registered 3 late payments whilst having the contract.

He is slowly destroying my credit report and I have no idea what I can do!!!

I understand that the first contract is completely my fault but what can I do about the second one? surely 3 are not allowed to do this?!

And how can I repair my credit from this.. I was hoping to apply for a mortgage soon!!

Thanks,

Should be pretty simple to clean up.

Give him an email and the Exec team should be able to take hold of the situation.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Hi,

How will this be cleared up? sorry, you seem quite confident :)

Thanks,

The Execs team are quite good and take ownership of stuff :)

They may be able to listen to the call recording and sort it out.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

No.... Ive recently had this with VF on another case Ive been working on.... As an authorized user, they are unable to something like this. However, while as normal it would be considered Identity Fraud, I would consider it a gray area.

Email the team and let them come back to you. If they dont play ball, there are other things we can help with.

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Now now, hold off legal action for now. before you send an email let the team here have a gander and see if there is anything I have missed...

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

I just meant I am happy to take that if I need to :)

I know what you meant :) , Its just we need to establish the facts first on something like this. If Three dont remove the account etc, then you need to send a Subject Access Request for £10 (If you can afford it) and get the account notes.

Then it will be worth pressing for legal action if they dont resolve this correctly.

Edited by fkofilee
Piers Morgan... Really?....

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Please keep us posted. They should give you a reference number and that they will be in contact shortly.

Keep it safe. You may need it.

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Source of payment should prove it?

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

You will have also received it via email.

Similar too...

Dear Fkofilee

Your Personal Case Reference: xxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you for your email letting us know about the problem you’ve had. I’ve asked my team to investigate it and have the matter resolved for you.

This has been assigned to a member of the team to review the issues you have had and to contact you to seek to resolve the matter no later than 6:30pm tomorrow.

If you want to contact us simply reply to this email or you can give my team a call on 0800 358 9042. Our office hours are 9am to 6.30pm, Monday to Friday.

In the meantime, please be assured that we will be seeking to resolve your issue as a matter of urgency.

Regards

Steven Cocker

Head of Executive Office Operations

Give them a ring on the number above :), get them moving on it.

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis