UKPC and fraudulent Photographic "Evidence"

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3128 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

UKPC have finally admitted that some of their "wardens" have been altering the time stamps on photographs used on their PCNs.

The "wardens" have been sacked and the loophole in the software has been closed.

This was after the company initially said that all the photos were correct, the time stamps could not be altered, and that the motorist would have to pay up.

This story has been featured on the BBC, the Sunday Times and by the Parking Prankster.

If anyone suspects that they have been the victim of this sharp practice you should contact PPC, but also the BPA and possibly Trading Standards.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

With any photographic "evidence" bearing a time stamp, questions must be asked:

• What is the origin of the time stamp ?
  • Can the clock be tampered with ?
  • Is there traceability back to a calibrated & certified source ?
  • Does the time stamp exist on the original file ?

With any consumer device such as a mobile phone or camera, it is trivial to modify the clock and generate a false time stamp. With APNR equipment where there should be safeguards to protect against tampering, one should still be asking for calibration and traceability certificates.

The chances of one of these parking outfits being able to demonstrate traceability and tamper proofness of their time stamps is slim at best.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

not being rude about the intelligence of the staff involved but who showed them how to doctor the hand held devices and made it lucrative for them to do so? If I was employed on a minimum wage to plod around a car park it is not in my interest to risk prison by fiddling with the PDA unless someone has told me that it was. So UKPC has really sacked its whistle blowers rather than its miscreants. Be interesting to see if it does make court and who appears for the defence and who appears for the prosecution as witnesses.

UKPC have now put their hands up to this

A car park operator has admitted that "a few" of its employees have been altering photographic evidence to unfairly impose parking charges.

UK Parking Control said it will refund everyone potentially given unfair tickets by the employees, who have been changing timestamps on photos.

It operates more than 1,400 sites nationwide but has not disclosed how many of its employees were involved.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-lincolnshire-34220908

If this was a reputable and productive industry then one might say that UKPC have brought the industry into disrepute - but it isn't and so they haven't.

Instead they have exposed the true nature of the industry and the half-hearted self-interested control exercised by their so-called professional body - the BPA

It has not disclosed where the employees worked, how long they have been altering photos, or how much money has been raised through wrongly issued tickets.

Well this is a stupid remark to make - the photographs show that at the very least it has been going on since 19 May 2015 and 23 August in Triton Retail Park, Lincolnshire and from 2 July in Newcastle under Lyme because several of the victims have said where they were parked (or not as the case might be)

Simone Riley-Young and Matthew Treacy were accused of staying over the permitted two hours at Tritton Retail Park in Lincoln, but both drivers noticed the times on the photos of their cars were wrong.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 3 weeks later...

It's another illustration of how greed and money breed corruption.

It's another example of parking control in this country being run by dodgy firms who are imho 99% criminals. It's just a protection racket - if Capone was still alive, he'd be kicking himself for not thinking of it.

There is a lot of thoughtless, even criminal, parking - but the current system isn't solving it. It's just adding more levels of bureaucracy and rigmarole.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D