Baz1994

FOS Adjudicator decision on Natwest Package Account Fees Claim - confusion

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1546 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I am encountering a similar situation with CMS Telford / Brum but I am unsure of full account number details

but do have a different eight digit reference from CMS letter).

Can I still make a CCA Request for this other account that I did not agree to ?

And by sending this will this mean I accepting liability of debt ?

Others may advise you to set up your own thread - where you can explain exactly your own situation and get answers specifically directed to you.

However, as a starter - dig out your old NW account set-up details, all statements and any letters from management. Make a note of your account numbers/sort codes. Then look at reference codes on any letters from CMS Telford. You will soon see if they transferred a current account with an overdraft in to a completely new type of account with a new account number - without your permission.

NW refused to send me details via the SAR, citing the details related to a Limited Company.

If I send NW a CCA now - am I likely to get the same response (that they cant give me Limited Company details)?

Or is sending a CCA the revised, updated best way to get the info I need?

Not sure I understand the difference between a CCA and a SAR...

Sorry to hi-jack the thread but I am encountering a similar situation with CMS Telford / Brum but I am unsure of full account number details 9but do have a different eight digit reference from CMS letter).

Can I still make a CCA Request for this other account that I did not agree to ? And by sending this will this mean I accepting liability of debt ?

no

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

no

Cheers dx

But would I still add a line advising that I do not accept any liabilty to the debt ?

Cheers dx

But would I still add a line advising that I do not accept any liabilty to the debt ?

if you wish but CCA is not an admittance of anything

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

spreadsheets 

if you wish but CCA is not an admittance of anything

Thanks dx

FWIW

I had a loan account with Nastywest, that was eventually sent to CMS at Telford. I was sent statements annually. Also had current account with o/draft, also sent to CMS, never received statements after CMS had account. I have been told by Nasty that accounts with CMS "are not sent statements" but I have had one with, and one without!

Hi tedney

Do you know your other account number with CMS ? If so how did you find out ?

Cheers

Hi tedney

Do you know your other account number with CMS ? If so how did you find out ?

Cheers

Both account numbers not changed from original branch numbers, so did not need to ask. An SAR to Nasty should provide all numbers details for you I think.

Hope that helps. t

Both account numbers not changed from original branch numbers, so did not need to ask. An SAR to Nasty should provide all numbers details for you I think.

Hope that helps. t

Many Thanks

So you did not have a seperate Sort Code or Account number for CMS Telford ? I did come across another eight digit account number but the bank have not confirmed what it is.

Does anyone know what the sort code was for NatWest CMS Telford ?

Many Thanks

So you did not have a seperate Sort Code or Account number for CMS Telford ? I did come across another eight digit account number but the bank have not confirmed what it is.

Does anyone know what the sort code was for NatWest CMS Telford ?

Correct, I did not have seperate sort code or account number. Did Nasty supply the eight digit account number you metioned in a SA response? If so, they should confirm to you what that is. If they have not ask them to confirm in writing.

Unable to help on sort code for CMS. Account number could be anything! HTH t (apologies to OP for interupting thread)

Correct, I did not have seperate sort code or account number. Did Nasty supply the eight digit account number you metioned in a SA response? If so, they should confirm to you what that is. If they have not ask them to confirm in writing.

Unable to help on sort code for CMS. Account number could be anything! HTH t (apologies to OP for interupting thread)

Cheers Tedney.

Well not exactly but SAR details from solicitor produced an old correspondence letter with an eight digit account number but no sort code. This was also quoted on a letter from CMS Telford so I was putting two and two together.

I had previously asked for confirmation and awaiting a reply. Perhaps someone else could possibly confirm the old sort code.

Apologies from me also for hi-jacking thread but as similar circumstances just thought I'd ask.

Thank-you

Cheers Tedney.

Well not exactly but SAR details from solicitor produced an old correspondence letter with an eight digit account number but no sort code.

Hello Baz

When I have had incomplete info from SAR, I have gone back to SA response provider and asked for further clarification. My understanding is that the bank has to provide information to you which you can fully understand. I would "suggest" to them that they have not fully complied with your SAR, which does not conform to the relevant act. Good Luck t

Hello Baz

When I have had incomplete info from SAR, I have gone back to SA response provider and asked for further clarification. My understanding is that the bank has to provide information to you which you can fully understand. I would "suggest" to them that they have not fully complied with your SAR, which does not conform to the relevant act. Good Luck t

Thanks again Tedney and funny enough that's what I did and awaiting further.

The bank have already apologized for not providing full details on the onset of my request. They have needed reminding on numerous occassions that the request is for all data that they hold under my said name and not any particular account.

I am awaiting their further response before submitting a complaint for failure to comply correctly in which has cost no end of time and expense. Do I submit a complaint to the bank or Financial Ombudsman / ICO ?

Do I submit a complaint to the bank or Financial Ombudsman / ICO ?

To the ICO I think, but looking at other threads on here, the chances of any success with the ICO may be limited. I have not got that far with any of my "issues" yet! I don't think that the FO has any interest in SAR non compliance, I could be wrong though, perhaps others might be able to help here. t

To the ICO I think, but looking at other threads on here, the chances of any success with the ICO may be limited. I have not got that far with any of my "issues" yet! I don't think that the FO has any interest in SAR non compliance, I could be wrong though, perhaps others might be able to help here. t

Thanks Tedney.

I still have another complaint with the ICO regarding non-compliance which so far has not got very far, hence my question.

I just feel disappointed that my current SAR has taken so long to respond to correctly and surely there must be some sort of recompense due.

I just feel disappointed that my current SAR has taken so long to respond to correctly and surely there must be some sort of recompense due.

I agree with you entirely. I am still waiting for full reponses since July last year! FWIW t

I agree with you entirely. I am still waiting for full reponses since July last year! FWIW t

May 2014 :shock:

And what makes it worse I even spoke to SAR team in Edinburgh on numerous occassions requesting that I wanted everything in its entirety and yet they just keep apologising for their service !

Now do I go to the ombudsman, ICO or whoever but what I have experienced so far it has been a waste of time and so frustrating.

And another thing because they have taken so long, now some letter / transcript details are not available due to being just outside the 6 years holding period.

I have just opened another letter received today from the bank saying there is no-more details to provide but they will pass information to their colleagues at CMS Birmingham (aka Telford) for their response.

I had already sent CMS a SAR months ago, asking for confirmation / explanation to this other account yet totally ignored again.

They finally say if not happy with the response that I do have the option to refer the matter to the Financial Ombudsman :shock:

I think a may have to be a formal complaint to the Chatham care team and possibly the CEO for their lack of co-operation and very disappointing service - who knows what best to do ?

1. And another thing because they have taken so long, now some letter / transcript details are not available due to being just outside the 6 years holding period.

2. I have just opened another letter received today from the bank saying there is no-more details to provide but they will pass information to their colleagues at CMS Birmingham (aka Telford) for their response.

3. I had already sent CMS a SAR months ago, asking for confirmation / explanation to this other account yet totally ignored again.

4. They finally say if not happy with the response that I do have the option to refer the matter to the Financial Ombudsman :shock:

5.I think a may have to be a formal complaint to the Chatham care team and possibly the CEO for their lack of co-operation and very disappointing service - who knows what best to do ?

1. They keep moving the goal posts! I have just received from Edinburgh statements from 1992 to date!

2. I was told by Edinburgh same, but they refused to contact CMS for me, so they gave me their details for me to write to CMS!

3. Did you send £10 fee etc by signed for post? If so send an LBA by signed for to them giving them 14 days to respond.

4. Go to FO then, will take time, but if they (Nastywest) have not responded etc you might get some compensation, I did, but beware, in my experience, CMS will issue a copy of a "back dated" letter to the FO saying that they have already answered your questions! Ifv this happens to you, I would be interested to hear!.

5. Chatham are a waste of space, they never have responded to me. I have had success with CEO office though with another account. Contact details: RBS Executive Response Team, Corporate Banking Division, Fifth floor, Ten Brindley Place Birmingham B1 2TZ

HTH

t

1. They keep moving the goal posts! I have just received from Edinburgh statements from 1992 to date!

2. I was told by Edinburgh same, but they refused to contact CMS for me, so they gave me their details for me to write to CMS!

3. Did you send £10 fee etc by signed for post? If so send an LBA by signed for to them giving them 14 days to respond.

4. Go to FO then, will take time, but if they (Nastywest) have not responded etc you might get some compensation, I did, but beware, in my experience, CMS will issue a copy of a "back dated" letter to the FO saying that they have already answered your questions! Ifv this happens to you, I would be interested to hear!.

5. Chatham are a waste of space, they never have responded to me. I have had success with CEO office though with another account. Contact details: RBS Executive Response Team, Corporate Banking Division, Fifth floor, Ten Brindley Place Birmingham B1 2TZ

HTH

t

Thanks T

1. Lucky enough I kept all my statements in the loft prior to 2008. It was when i received a diary of events from Edinburgh, I noticed that it was headed CMS. So I requested some copies of missing letters / transcripts from around 2008 in which they have confirmed today that are now not available but would possibly of been last may !

2. I contacted and sent CMS Birmingham a copy of my original SAR sent to Edinburgh.

3.Yes I did send one in May 2014.

4.Ok I may do and will let you know.

5. Yes I do agree to some extent but I managed to get an old package account up-held and paid with them but they offset the fees againt my downgraded account that was opened in 2013 ??? The account that I know nothing about or even been advised of including receipt of statements. I am sure that is the address that I sent my last letter to and awaiting their response.

I am sure I will end up submitting a formal complaint to the bank for various breaches and non-compliance and irresponsible lending but its what address to send it to ?

what address to send it to ?

The address I provided above is where my correspondence ended up after I sent a letter to the CEO to what turned out to be a defunct Nastywest address! The company (now not Nastywets) at the defunct address kindly forwarded my complaint to Nastywest and I got a result from that floor! It must be a large office block as CMS are at the same address, but crucially a different post code.

HTH

t

Right I will keep this as short as possible.

Originally submitted SAR to bank.

Responded within 40 days but some information missing.

Contacted bank and further details provided. Then further info in dribs and drabs.

Without going into detail it has been a nightmare.

Anyway bank apologised for service provided and have now received their final response advising that I can submit a further complaint to FOS.

Now on reading up on various posts on forum, this option seems to be a bit of a waste of time. Also on reading ICO posts, this also seems not a good option and maybe too late anyway.

I had already requested compensation for time, effort, costs and inconvenience caused, in a couple of earlier correspondences but this has been totally ignored. Should I direct a formal complaint to another area of banking ? Or should I just submit a complaint to FOS as they suggested ?

Thank-you for looking.

Have they supplied all of the info requested?

TBH if they have done so then there can be no complaint, the time to have complained would have been after they had failed to supply

the info within 40 days.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Have they supplied all of the info requested?

TBH if they have done so then there can be no complaint, the time to have complained would have been after they had failed to supply

the info within 40 days.

Ok Bazooka thanks.

Well no not as such as they promised certain docs (from other areas) etc but not all were forthcoming and now not available.

This obviously had me in a quandary at the time as I was hoping to receive details.

In their last letter they state that a SAR provides a right to see personal information held within documents, rather than a right to see the documents themselves ? So now they are saying that they have fulfilled their data protection obligation and asked me to look at the ICO website.

It's just that I have spent a lot of time and effort including costs and I feel that the bank have not fully complied correctly.

If I had known that details were not going to be provided I would have obviously complained earlier.

So shall I still complain to FOS or shall I submit a formal complaint to Chatham regarding Bank / Loan account ?

imho that sentence is correct.

time and trouble are part of the game banks play sadly

but if they have offered compo then ask them 'where is it?

dx

spreadsheets