Jump to content

Posting for neighbour regarding housing benefit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3188 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

as the above says. I'm posting this on behalf of my neighbour who has just got back from tameside magistrates regarding her housing benefit, in 2014 I helped her fill out the form HBCT1 and that was sent off, nothing was heard for several months, then after those months passed, still nothing, so I contacted them on her behalf, needless to say she had to fill out another HBCT1 form and was awarded housing benefit. New Charter had said that she owes them a total of £3000 she was taken to court today and ordered to pay £70 every monday, Bearing in mind that she gets £62 carers allowance and her income support. so out of her benefits she has to pay £270 every month.


Because she had already applied but there was no acknowledgement from the revenues sector, is there any way to claim a backdate for that period that they say she owes them...


Any help and advice would sincerely be appreciated.

Link to post
Share on other sites

First of all contact the Council dealing with this case and ask for them to look at this again to reduce the amount that they have to pay. secondly have you got any proof that the original form was sent in?



The very next stage will be the LA will instruct an EA to call adding to the debt significantly, you must do this to save your friend added fees that will certainly be added if you fail to do this.



Ask the LA to look at the claim again and see if there has been an error...



Also ask if there are any other outstanding years that can be dealt with as well.. It is possible that the delay in getting CT sorted is often an issue, chase it up now before more things happen

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If £70 a week is just towards the arrears, then this is excessive - did she have any advice at the court or before to put forward her income and expenditure - £70 a week is unsustainable on her income.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...