style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3157 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone I am not sure if I am in right section but here goes.

We moved house on Monday 1ST June

on Wed 3rd I was sorting out wiring the TV and other appliances and found out there was no aerial socket, but there was an aerial on the roof anyway. (turned out to be no good)

I spoke to the owners on the Saturday who had come down to see the house

they were not happy with the agent.

I asked the question when you let this property was there an aerial socket

"yes" the previous tenant had cable and they installed it through the aerial box and they had ripped off the cable to the aerial (you could see the clips up the wall)

I rang the agent they come round.

I said to agent this isn't on

we have no TV in the house

she said to me get an aerial installed

and give me the invoice.

So I done this.

Aerial was installed on 17th June and cost £271 ( I was shocked )

I paid the man, aerial is fantastic and guaranteed for 3 years and happy we had TVs in the house

(my 12yr son was over the moon )

I photocopied the invoice and gave the copy to the agent .

I expected to get paid within a fortnight as I am the innocent party who had moved in the house.

Am I right in thinking the agent should pay me back the £271 and then reclaim from previous tenant surely I shouldn't be waiting this long ?? (Aug 28)

Please help would like to know where I stand on this.

Thanks

You should have given orig invoice to LA, for tax purposes,and kept photocopy yourself.

LA may have to seek LLs consent for payment,£217 is way above my £50 limit for LA without my prior consent. if

July Aug is peak holiday time for both LL & LA staff.

Previous T may have paid requested T damages and is now difficult to locate. I guess you would be aggrieved for an additional payment demand (even if liable) several months after end of T and previously determined T damages had been paid?

Does your move in inventory include roof aerial and/or TV socket?

The pragmatic response to LA suggestion would have been for LA to arrange nec installation within x weeks or you will pay and deduct cost from future rent due.

AFAIK provision of terrestrial TV is not an essential service, unlike supply of water, gas, elec, subject to inventory provisions.

Maybe reimbursement will be made via rent (sensible) or, if not you have pleased 12yr old son.