Feeling shaken - caught shoplifting at Boots

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2219 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Today I was caught shoplifting £62 worth of products in Boots. I was spotted by the security guard (who wasn't in uniform) and I was taken to the security room. I was searched and the stolen goods were seized while the security guard made some very strange comments about me being a "godless woman" and having "the devil inside me". :???:

I am 17 years old so he asked for the details of a parent/guardian. Although I live with my mother, I decided to give my dad's details and address because if my mother ever found out about this I would be beaten black and blue and I'd probably end up in hospital. They called my father to confirm the details, they took some pictures of me and then I was given a piece of paper confirming my ban from the shopping centre for 6 months and from Boots for 6 months. They said that they'll be giving me a fine(?) of around £130, I can't really remember. The police were not involved. I've not stopped crying or shaking since being let out of the security room, I know it's silly, it could have been a lot worse.

I just want to make sure that it's not possible for anything to be sent to my mother's address. I gave them my father's address, told them I permanently live there and even said that I'm not in contact with my mother so I can't see that anything would be sent to her but I want to check because I'm really on edge right now.

Thanks

Letters will go to the address you gave them.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hello there.

You may be OK this time, but I suggest you treat it as a lesson in life and don't try shoplifting again.

The 'fine' is likely to be a scary letter from a company called Retail Loss Prevention. If and when it comes, post what they've said on this thread and we'll advise you. They can't do anything to you.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

I definitely won't be shoplifting ever again, I've learnt my lesson. I'll make sure to post what they've said once I've received the letter. Thank you for your help.

Hi and welcome to CAG

I do feel for you. I don't know why, but I do.

Firstly, Boots. Security staff will say anything to scare you. As for 'Godless woman' and 'Having the devil etc' Possibly a bible basher (hope you're not too religious by me saying that)

Boots have forgotten about you by now as they leave the dirty work to Retail Loss Prevention (RLP). Expect a letter from them within the next couple of weeks. This is the time to be strong and for you to ignore the misleading letters from them. As they will be going to your dads home, ensure that word of them do not get back to your mum and get your dad to have a read of the RLP forum.

I wrote a thread a few weeks ago and hope that it helps you when you get the letters.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?448994-RLP-FAQ-s.-What-do-they-mean&p=4762870&viewfull=1#post4762870

Be assured that RLP can do nothing to you and even when they pass on the amount to their pet debt collector, they can do even less.

The ONLY people that could take any action are Boots and they won't. I know it and they know it after a certain retailer (can't name them)took court action against two fully defended teenagers. They took it to court on the say so of RLP and got the biggest slapping for doing so. Suffice to say, they lost. This was in 2012 and there have been no more cases since. That in itself speaks volumes.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE