CPPlus Charge Notice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3150 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi folks,

Apologies if the answers to this have previously been posted but there is an awful lot of information and discussion here!

I have received a charge notice for £100 from CP Plus for overstaying in the car park at a motorway service station.

My car was photographed going in then leaving.

The charge notice states that notices were clearly and prominently displayed

but, as we were in the car park overnight, it was dark and was not lit.

The car park has free parking for two hours and the car was parked for 2 hours and 47 minutes.

What are the options open to me?

Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

First of all tell us the date/s of the event and the date of the demand arrived though the post. Also tell us which service station it was as some have already been the subject of much discussion and it may be worth reminding the company that they have no grounds to claim because of a previous decision.

You appeal.

As RK you state that you are not liable for the charge.

State that you do not believe that CP+ have lawful authority to issue and pursue parking charge notices at the site in question.

State that you expect the charge to be cancelled or a valid POPLA code to be issued.

Send all correspondence with free proof of postage from PO.

This may be of interest;

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2015/08/cp-plus-go-on-shopping-spree-with-moto.html?m=1

Right folks,

I am writing my appeal at the moment. One of the main issues of the apparent "breach" is that my friend and I arrived at the service station around 2am. Therefore, it was dark and the car park was not lit. The parking signs were clearly not apparent otherwise I would have set my alarm (the intention was to catch a couple of hours sleep during our journey) to ensure that we would move within the 2 hour limit.

Do I use this argument in the appeal or merely use the legal argument?

It doenst matter wht you say really as they are going to reject it anyway. What you want is that all important access to the independent adjudicator. Ombudsmand Services Ltd are taking over the role so expect complete confusion and probably errors from them, they have shown themselves to be totally inadequate dealing with Energy Ombudsman matters so when you do get to appeal to POPLA make sure you sent copies of everything as they are good at losing things and deleting emails.