Smart Parking Ltd

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3125 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good morning

Looking for some advice bout this company. My partner is the owner of my car but I drive it and use it for work..he has his own car.

When I got home from work last night there was a letter from Smart Parking Ltd:

Now, I know that I definitely did not use this store on this or any other date in the last 2 years.

It is located at least 7 miles from me, across a very busy town centre (I have a large local ASDA about 2 minutes down the road from where we live so use that one).

In addition, I would have been leaving work at about 5.15pm on a Monday and as I work 20 miles away

I cannot see how the car could be in 2 places at the same time!

My partner is understandably upset about this as it is in his name and he has just got his credit rating back on good standing.

Can anyone please give some idea of what to put in writing in this appeal

- they have sent no evidence..how can they?

You can't put a ticket on a car that was not physically there!

MC

don't worry about it

its a speculative invoice

not a fine or anything that can affect credit rating.

dx

http://www.google.co.uk/cse?cx=partner-pub-0964707606882478:652l7hswbgv&ie=UTF-8&q=smart+parking&sa=Search+CAG#gsc.tab=0&gsc.q=smart%20parking&gsc.page=1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

take down the image of the demand as your reg datails are showing.

However, the demand is based upon a windscreen ticket so deny that your vehicle was ever present at that location and put it to strict proof that they have correctly issued a windscreen ticket by sending you copies of the photographic evidence for your vehicle with the ticket attached. Warn them that you will be making a complaint to trading Standards for misrepresentation under the Fraud Act 2006 unless they provide a proper basis for their claim.

This will never affect your credit rating, it is just a demand that has little legal basis, same as I can now send you a bill by getting your keeper details from the DVLA and send you a demand for reading my reply to your enquiry.

Smart parking have a history of "disappearing tickets" on vehicles, they seem to use it as a method of avoiding people taking advantage of the discount period. Yours is the second case on cag this week so it must be quite common.

When your partner has written his letter send a copy of it to Asda head office and tell them that this is the quality of the people they employ and that they are condoning fraudulent activity by allowing them to profit by deliberate misrepresentation..

If Smart dont cancel they have to allow an appeal to POPLA and they will have to pay £27 for the pleaseure of being told off.

Hi and welcome to CAG

I have unapproved the attachment as it still contains enough info to identify the car and the parking charge notice number is visible, as is the barcode at the bottom. these need obscuring.

Two thoughts occur to me.

1. Your reg number has been cloned

2 the ticket attendant got the number wrong

Either way, you have to appeal this to (not so) Smart Parking. It is highly likely they will reject your appeal but it then gives you the right to appeal this further with POPLA where you should succeed.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Thanks Silverfox - couldn't work out how to take is down.

MRC

I have removed it for you

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Just a thought but do the reg number and vehicle make and model details match yours? It's one thing to get a number wrong on a reg number so the letter goes to the wrong keeper but if the make and model match then it has to be a cloned car if your car could not have been there.

• 1 month later...

Quick update, after appealing the PCN using their process we have received a Parking Charge Notice - Cancellation letter. My other half is impressed, he said if it had been up to him he would have paid up and not questioned it.

As a quick aside I did go into my local Asda, (not the one where they claimed that I was parked) and was told by the Security guys "nothing to do with us and anyway it's only one bloke who does all of the local car parks, he probably just forgot to switch the button to the right site!" - really helpful!!!!

Thanks for all of your advice guys and girls

Complain to the boss of Asda, not some local chap who can do nothing, tell them that they are having their name dragged through the mud by these incompetent clowns and that they are responsible for their activities so what are they doing about the matter (or going to do)?.