Lowells DCA Letter In Mums Name for o2 debt - but My Address

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3158 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

My mother is an OAP and has never had any credit or loan barring the mortgage.

I have recived a 3rd letter addressed to her at my address (she has never lived here) demanding over £500 for an O2 debt.

The first 2 letters were returned to sender and a 3rd has just arrived.

Can someone please put into words what im supposed to say in a strongly worded letter?

Many thanks.

Just send it back with a covering letter saying there is no one at the address with that name. All communications are being recorded and if they do not desist in sending letters you may issue a claim for harassment in the small claims court, where they may be forced to pay compensation and your costs.

I suspect that they have just traced the wrong address and it is nothing to do with your mother

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I wouldnt put all that in the letter. I'd just mark it return to sender, NKATA, in the first instance. If they continue, then play hardball.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I wouldnt put all that in the letter. I'd just mark it return to sender, NKATA, in the first instance. If they continue, then play hardball.

I have done that twice already and a 3rd letter has arrived

Then formal complaints to the ceo and fca.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

and the DCA is?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Lowell Portfollio

That makes sense. Is there anything historical on your credit record which might link your mother to your address. I have seen other reports of them chasing debts to another relatives address and sometimes the details are wrong.

I had a long running complaint with them about a relatives debts being chased to my address. They ended up paying me compensation and writing off the debt.

Suggest a letter to their compliance director by recorded delivery asking why a debt is being chased to your address when there is nobody living at the address with that full name. Then advise re harassment and consequences if this is continued.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

That makes sense. Is there anything historical on your credit record which might link your mother to your address. I have seen other reports of them chasing debts to another relatives address and sometimes the details are wrong.

I had a long running complaint with them about a relatives debts being chased to my address. They ended up paying me compensation and writing off the debt.

Suggest a letter to their compliance director by recorded delivery asking why a debt is being chased to your address when there is nobody living at the address with that full name. Then advise re harassment and consequences if this is continued.

No link at all and i have lived here for only around 18 months. When i write should i state my name too?

You can. Could the debt be for someone at your address, but the first initial or surname is wrong ?

Don't kick up too much of a fuss, if someone at your address has a debt owing and the letter just contains wrong details.

You can. Could the debt be for someone at your address, but the first initial or surname is wrong ?

Don't kick up too much of a fuss, if someone at your address has a debt owing and the letter just contains wrong details.

No it couldn't be anyone else as it names my mother by using her full name.

How should i phrase a letter to them?

No it couldn't be anyone else as it names my mother by using her full name.

How should i phrase a letter to them?

Just keep it simple.

Address to Director of compliance/Data Protection

You have sent three letters to my address relating to someone that does not live at this addess and has not resided at the address. I am feeling harassed by the actions of your company and want an explanation by return in writing with an apology. If this continues, i will be making full record of communications and may issue small court claim proceedings for harassment, as well as complaining to the ICO.

Send them a copy of the last letter so they can see what they sent.

Just keep it simple.

Address to Director of compliance/Data Protection

You have sent three letters to my address relating to someone that does not live at this addess and has not resided at the address. I am feeling harassed by the actions of your company and want an explanation by return in writing with an apology. If this continues, i will be making full record of communications and may issue small court claim proceedings for harassment, as well as complaining to the ICO.

Send them a copy of the last letter so they can see what they sent.

Great thanks... Do i need to put my name at the bottom?, ie. the same surname as my mums?

Great thanks... Do i need to put my name at the bottom?, ie. the same surname as my mums?

That is your choice. It might help them understand how they ended up writing to your address.