Npower...How to proceed ...Threatograms...Wrong Billing

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2343 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Okay, heres the deal, can anyone advise , left power over a year and half , was on prepayment, no debt, on and off over the last year , Npower have sent several threatograms, saying I owed them over £2900 !!, after several calls to them , they advised problem their side, no apology, then silence, then the letters start again, i did complain via their website this time, and they sent a letter out saying to disregard the last threatogram,however in the meantime they have also passed the debt to those good old threat boys moor croft, who are constantly calling, sending threatograms, offering payment plans , now i really want to make an example of this...because I think it needs it , any ideas on moving forward, do i SAR moorcroft first ? i do not want ignore, i want an example made of, for all the hassle, threatograms etc, oh and npower's incompetence

I'm sure that if you have been reading the npower threads on this forum that you will realise that what you are getting is fairly standard.

Also, you should be realising that simply dealing with npower and trying to speak recently to them has no effect.

I'm afraid that you may well end up in a position where you need to bring a legal action for the various breaches that they have committed.

Npower are incompetent. They are losing their customer base. They have recently sacked their top management. But there are clearly a lot of other people who need to be sacked as well.

If you begin a legal action then you will probably realise that npower's legal department is also incompetent.

You need to start off by gathering information.

In order to do this send off the SAR to npower. It is off straightaway because they will take 40 days to reply – if they bother to reply at all. As I have said, they are incompetent, they routinely seem to break the law, break the rules for energy supply, break the rules laid down by the regulator – and we even have court documents sent from the legal department in which they claim to have no duties to do any of these things. Luckily, a judge disagreed and they had a judgement given against them.

Sent off the SAR and also read our customer services guide.

Implement the customer services guide and then start telephoning npower and have detailed conversations with their customer services people. You will get various versions of what has happened and you need to make sure that everything that npower says is recorded for the benefit of the court when it comes to the eventual court case.

Do this immediately.

Write to the debt collection agency and put them on formal notice that there is no debt and that there is a dispute with npower which may well end up in the courts and that they would be wise to send the file back because if they do not then they might find themselves in the courts as well. Tell the DCA that you will be recording any cause they may make and also you will be providing any paperwork that they supply all which you have written to them to the court when the matter finally gets heard by the judge.

• Confused 1

• 2 years later...
Started again....with Wescott this time...

So you followed the previous advice and have paperwork confirming there is no debt ?

If so, send a complaint letter marked for the attention of NPower CEO at their head office, with copies of paperwork including a copy of the Westcot letter.

Check your credit record just in case this debt is noted.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

So get a letter off to NPower CEO telling them to sort it out, issue you with compensation or you will have no alternative but to issue a County Court claim against NPower.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread