style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3139 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok, so we got sent one of these ANPR type tickets from Smart Parking the other month for overstaying at an ASDA car park.

I wrote to them appealing ticket and they since have written back with photos of the signage and dismissing my claim.

They gave me my POPLA number and so I have begun the appeal to POPLA.

Not sure if im missing something here but nowhere on the POPLA website is their anywhere to state why you appealing just some tick boxes and personal data.

How does POPLA know my grounds ?

See a penny, pick it up, all day long you will have good luck!!!!:D

Ok, so we got sent one of these ANPR type tickets from Smart Parking the other month for overstaying at an ASDA car park.

I wrote to them appealing ticket and they since have written back with photos of the signage and dismissing my claim.

They gave me my POPLA number and so I have begun the appeal to POPLA.

Not sure if im missing something here but nowhere on the POPLA website is their anywhere to state why you appealing just some tick boxes and personal data.

How does POPLA know my grounds ?

Has the driver been identified in your initial appeal to smart?

POPLA is going through a change of hands currently so what happens is anyones guess....

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2015/08/popla-changeover-starts-tomorrow.html

http://www.popla.org.uk/update.htm

I wouldnt appeal online as that doesnt give you much scope for grounds, additional evidence and rebuttal of the parking co's evidence.

So, having read the topics and themes here, what is your intended appeal format? do you intend to photograph the signage and say that they are misleading? is the signage at the entrance to the car park reliant upon other signs or conditions expressed elsewher? If so then the sign is not a contract but an "invitation to treat" and has no binding authority. How long was the allowable parking time? have you chacked with the local council planning dept about any mention in the planning application or consent about limiting parking to the hours on the sign? Many developments allow 3 hours free parking as part of the planning consent. Smart and Asda cannot vary this so check.