Barclay's froze my account

gloryhunter
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3157 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

was just wondering

Barclay's have put my account under review!

I have no clue as to why it is,

been with them for the last 10 years and never had a problem,

I have direct debits coming out at the end of the month

a couple of credit cards,

council tax and a small loan

can I claim any charge's back from Barclay's ?

I have informed the companies what is going on and they where very understanding I'm pleased to say

however I'm trying to rebuild my credit score and all was going well but will my hard work be undone by my own bank?

Thanks in advance

GH

:) HFO fan club member :) HFO V GLORYHUNTER ( WON ) :)

0 - 1

Hi Fkofilee Barclay's are not very forth coming with why it's under review I did ask but was told a member of the review team will contact me as soon as they have finished my review! I asked how late ng it would take and was told 2 to 3 weeks !

0 - 1

Hi GH,

1. Do you have large sums coming into or going out of your a/c, maybe some to or from overseas ?

2. Does your a/c show any amount removed by Barclays and, if so, under what description.

3. Have they told you anything about this matter.

4. Have you checked your CIFAS file to see if anything is showing up.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Nope I'm just a Joe blogs customer with an overdraft no large sums of money going in or out only my wages every week!

Barclay's never even told me about it found out when I went to my local garage to get some petrol where my card was declined!

Spoken with many "personal bankers" and haven't been told anything!

Been a Barclay's customer for 6 years without any hassle!

Now opened up a new account the Lloyd's I'll take my business

0 - 1

Hi GH,

Were you beyond your o/d limit at all recently.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

No when into my overdraft a couple of times but never over it !

It's started I'm now missing payments on my credit cards and my small loan because if this I have informed my card companies and they all said I should be able to claim any charge's off my bank but this is not helping me keeping on top of my small steps to rebuild my credit rating !!

Very upset by the way Barclays can just decide to do this without informing me and then expect you to live of thin air !

0 - 1

The only way you'll find out why they have frozen the a/c is to write to the bank and ask for an explanation, considering you've been a trouble free customer for several years.

They may give an answer or the may say it's a "commercial decision" and keep the details to themselves.

Have they told you they are closing the a/c.

Have you checked your CIFAS records to make sure nothing nasty has appeared.