• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Should I change from DMP with Payplan to an IVA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3084 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Been in a DMP with Payplan since May 2013,

was originally for 4 years but over the last couple of years due to a debt being added

and monthly payments reducing this is now showing as ending July 2020!

what worries me more is that even in July 2020 we still don't know if that wil be the end due to charges and interest being added.

Not even sure if we can both get iva as we have 2 debts with link financial and I have been told they reject a lot of iva's.

My worry about an IVA is at the moment of budget is not 100% accurate and would have to change as I know they require more proof of your expenditure.

We are currently left at the end of the month with a bit of spare money which allows us to have a bit of a life

(money for Xmas for my son and days out for him) on this plan but know we should really put everything into paying our debts off

but this way it just makes life a bit for manageable.

We currently pay 360 month to Payplan and have £21500 debt left and have paid 12000 off so far. I keep reading lots of stories about iva's that scare me but just want to get this debt paid off. Me and my husband both have old cars and I do worry about replacing them as we both pay lots of money in repairs and mot.

Grateful for any advise

what, paying LINK?

you have ofcourse sent all the people you are paying a CCA request?

list your debts

when

from whom

who you pay now

it is on your credit file?

defaulted date

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Agree with dx. get the CCA requests off now. You are very likely paying money you do not need to, especially if link are involved.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi DX - my debts are as follows -

Barclaycard £3,731.29

Barclays Bank Plc £51.14

Barclays Bank Plc £597.77

Barclays Bank Plc £1,511.34

Barclaycard £3,198.50

Argos card £390.62

Link Financial Ltd£1,677.12

Link Financial Ltd £3,832.10

Tesco credit card £2,545.25

Tesco Bank credit card £1,352.58

Wescot Credit Services £2,518.52

not checked my credit file for a while - sorry but have heard of CCA requests but don't know anything about them.

I don't even think I could go on an iva as I can afford to pay all my debt off and it wouldn't take 5-6 years as it is on an IVA. I just worry with the DMP if it will not end unti l quite a bit after 2020 because of interest.

Thanks

as said who say all these debts are enforceable anyway?

so other than the with link and wetcloths

the others are all still with the original creditor and you are paying them directly?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

yes the others are with the original creditors,

I pay them through my DMP with Payplan.

Can you explain what a CCA request is?

do you suggest that I check my credit file?

is it a case of checking that all my creditors are on there

or is there something else I should be looking for?

Thanks

click the CCa request

I'd be sending one certainly for each debt with plink

and the one with wetcloths.

can you remember what the original debts were please?

yes go get your credit file.

if all the debts show

defaulted date etc etc

don't worry we know you are green.

one step at a time.

dx

and they

dates when you took each out first please

if before apr 2007 then DEF CCA plink!!

dx

and they

I would not recommend an IVA at all. They are usually set up to fail anyway..

I would suggest you do a proper calculation and factor in the following.

Are all the debts in both your names or do you have some joint and some individual.

Do you own your own home ? If so, then the following will be of no use.

If you don't own your own home, then it might be worth considering a Debt Relief Order, if one of you has debts that total under £15,000 . This will increase to £20,000 in October of this year.

In which case, have a word with National Debtline as an alternative to an IVA.

First of all, however, do as dx has suggested - check each of your debts to see if they have either default/penalty charges that can be reclaimed - or Payment protection Insurance that might have been mis sold.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

and ofcourse don't forget ppi and penalty charges reclaiming...

and they

First job, send out a CCA request at advised. Especially to those lovely people at barclaycard who wouldnt reduce my interest or accept lower monthly payments. Unfortunately they couldn't produce a CCA and cannot take me to court.

You say you don't know if interest is accruing? Haven't you received the annual statements your legally entitled to?

First job, send out a CCA request at advised. Especially to those lovely people at barclaycard who wouldnt reduce my interest or accept lower monthly payments. Unfortunately they couldn't produce a CCA and cannot take me to court.

You say you don't know if interest is accruing? Haven't you received the annual statements your legally entitled to?

Interest cant accrue on them if the debt is sold. By the contract the interest stops when it defaults or is terminated.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

terminated yes

and they

Thanks for the comments, spoke to somebody the other day about an IVA but we would end up paying back more than we owe so will stick to the DMP with Payplan.

I am waiting to get access to my credit file to check dates and defaults and will send out CCA requests. I haven't received annual statements so I am going to request these so I can check for any charges and interest. A few people have mentioned about reclaiming penalty charges - how does this work?

Thanks for all the advice

Dont wait. Get those CCA requests out first thing in the morning. Get the timer rolling. The longer you leave it, the longer you will be cash cowed.

Just gone on to check my credit file and this is what I've found -

Barclaycard £3,731.29

- not showing as defaulted

we are paying reduced amount through DMP

however payplan not always pay on the right date so its shows we are 1mth in arrears.

Barclays Bank Plc £51.14

- this was an O/D but is not showing on my credit fil, could this have been written off?

(have found an account settled in 07/13 and think this is the one)

why am I paying this through Payplan then!!

Barclays Bank Plc £597.77 defaulted 07/13

Barclays Bank Plc £1,511.34 - this is not showing on my credit file but pay via Payplan (this was a loan)

Barclaycard £3,198.50 (husbands debt)

Argos card £390.62 not showing as defaulted but pay through Payplan

Link Financial Ltd£1,677.12 (MBNA card taken out 08/12) defaulted 04/14

Link Financial Ltd £3,832.10 (husbands debt)

Tesco credit card £2,545.25 (husbands debt)

Tesco Bank credit card £1,352.58 defaulted 08/13 (card taken out 08/12)

Wescot Credit Services £2,518.52 (AA loan taken out in 04/09) shows as capital bank not Wescot defaulted 10/13

Couple of questions -

should they show as defaulted when I went to DMP or not?

if debts aren't showing on my credit report should I be paying them?

What is the advise for sending the CCA request - do I send for some or all?

Many thanks

Just gone on to check my credit file and this is what I've found -

Barclaycard £3,731.29 -

- not showing as defaulted

we are paying reduced amount through DMP

however payplan not always pay on the right date so its shows we are 1mth in arrears. - send a CCA request

Barclays Bank Plc £51.14

- this was an O/D but is not showing on my credit fil, could this have been written off?

(have found an account settled in 07/13 and think this is the one)

why am I paying this through Payplan then! - prob already defaulted more than 6yrs ago!

Barclays Bank Plc £597.77 defaulted 07/13 - what is this type of account?

Barclays Bank Plc £1,511.34 - this is not showing on my credit file but pay via Payplan (this was a loan) - - send a CCA request

Barclaycard £3,198.50 (husbands debt) - send a CCA request

Argos card £390.62 not showing as defaulted but pay through Payplan - send a CCA request

Link Financial Ltd£1,677.12 (MBNA card taken out 08/12) defaulted 04/14 - send a CCA request

Link Financial Ltd £3,832.10 (husbands debt - send a CCA request

Tesco credit card £2,545.25 (husbands debt) - send a CCA request

Tesco Bank credit card £1,352.58 defaulted 08/13 (card taken out 08/12) - send a CCA request

Wescot Credit Services £2,518.52 (AA loan taken out in 04/09) shows as capital bank not Wescot defaulted 10/13 - send a CCA request

Couple of questions -

should they show as defaulted when I went to DMP or not - yes..or earlier.

if debts aren't showing on my credit report should I be paying them? - depends

What is the advise for sending the CCA request - do I send for some or all?

Many thanks

dx

and they

Barclays Bank Plc £51.14

- this was an O/D but is not showing on my credit file could this have been written off?

(have found an account settled in 07/13 and think this is the one) - date was July 2013

why am I paying this through Payplan then! - prob already defaulted more than 6yrs ago! - this only defaulted in 2013

Can I ask about the CCA requests - is there any point in doing this when I know they are my debts which I have been paying through Payplan.

My DMP works fine and I don't have DCA chasing me or on my back so its not like I need any breathing space.

but whos to say the debts are enforceable???

get the CCa requests running

dx

and they

Why wouldn't they be enforceable when I know they are my debts?

Sorry to keep asking its just that I don't want to go to the trouble of sending all the requests out for nothing.

Is it a case of if they cannot produce a CCA then I never pay them again? I don't really want any hassle or having to go to court.

GO READ A FEW THREADS>>>>

they cant do court without an enforceable CCA

those still with the OC's then they prob will

but those debts sold to a fleecing DCA

ESP those with LINK

there will prob be something WRONG with the debt.

as your elf this...

a big multi-national company sold my debt to a debt buyer/DCA.....

why???

if they had taken me to court the big powerful company would crush me...

so why did they sell it to a DCA???...urm....

just remember the bottom line here...

a DCA is NOT A BAILIFF

and have

NO SUCH LEGAL POWERS.

dx

and they

why use a cheque you are giving them your sig...

not a good idea when you are after a copy of your signed agreement..:lol:

use a blank £1PO

dx

and they